collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35481 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1395 on: March 15, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »
Also, is it just me, or is there something funny going on with his eyebrows?
Heath's got one eyebrow quirked intentionally, I think. I love it XD
That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. His left eyebrow ends in a little point, but the right one seems a little more blunt.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: March 15, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »
Pretty new to MH still so sorry if this is a mistaken observation but die-ner Opie... No mask? Is that odd for her?

I think it is odd, indeed. They are budget dolls, but Mattel can't be too cheap to give Operetta her trademark mask. Maybe it just isn't pictured as this is a promo pic and they sometimes get a few things wrong in them.

(Dance Class Oppie was pictured with a red mask and some people were really angry about it until they saw her in stores with a purple one *g*)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: March 15, 2013, 02:09:19 PM »
Eeeeee!!  So much to be excited about!  Heath and Abbey :heart:  I love them both, and I think they're both gonna have to come home with me.

And the Die-ner?!  I just adore that Operetta:).  Yup, these pictures confirm that there will be a lot more dolls hitting my house this year.  It's such a fun time to be a collector!

I just wanted to say that I agree with what Puku said a few pages back about not investing in dolls.  Dolls like these are probably not going to bring good returns on your investment portfolio :lol:  I know my financial planner would laugh at me if I told him my retirement fund is sitting on my shelves upstairs!!  To me, this is a hobby and something that I can enjoy with my daughters. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: March 15, 2013, 02:24:18 PM »
(Dance Class Oppie was pictured with a red mask and some people were really angry about it until they saw her in stores with a purple one *g*)
Wait what...?? :shocked: Angry because she had a red mask?? Was it a re-used version of an earlier mask for Operetta???

It looks like Draculauras wearing one of Lagoona's bracelets (DC? DDG? Can't remember which)
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: March 15, 2013, 02:27:43 PM »
Wait what...?? :shocked: Angry because she had a red mask?? Was it a re-used version of an earlier mask for Operetta???

It looks like Draculauras wearing one of Lagoona's bracelets (DC? DDG? Can't remember which)

I noticed that too! It's Lagoona's DC bracelet! :)
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1400 on: March 15, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »
SO. MANY. LOVELY. DOLLS!

Ok, lets see. The GNO line is meh to me. I generally dislike Spectra and Lagoona, so that's a pass. I like Rochelle, but I'll hold out for the 4-pack. That abbey is gorgeous and so is Heath! I will definitely need that set! That die-ner LaLa is precious. Maybe I'll get the set and get rid of Oppie and the actual playset. Gosh, I told myself I'd be more picky but it just isn't happening! Everything is just so lovely!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 15, 2013, 03:00:47 PM »
The reusing/recoloring of existing molds appears to have become standard practice now. In some cases, I don't mind; in others, it's kind of annoying. No doubt Mattel is just doing it to save money.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 15, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »
The reusing/recoloring of existing molds appears to have become standard practice now. In some cases, I don't mind; in others, it's kind of annoying. No doubt Mattel is just doing it to save money.

Yeah. It seems like almost every doll now is reusing some sort of item, but it shoes, earrings, accessories, etc. It doesn't bother me that much. XD
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 15, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »
Not bothering me much either, but it makes me wonder...

Are they reusing accessories because they save expenses?? :wonder:

Or.....
Are they doing it because they've run out of ideas for accessories?!?! :freak:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 15, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »
Could be a little bit of both. I'm going to say it's more the former, though. Every company is trying to cut down on costs these days.

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 15, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »
I am sooo very excited about the new abbey and heath and I have yet to love any abbey but her hair is to die for.. I need two of these packs... the gno lagoona and rochelle must haves but I may wait for the 4pk... heath's shoes are awsome.. wonder how they would fit on the other boys feet....

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 15, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »
I'm so embarrassed and upset...  I posted a comment on the pic of Heath and Abbey that Monster High Dolls put up.  I wrote about how much I love them.  I guess my mom saw that I "liked" the photo or something and went over to see it and commented on it, saying "Don't buy these for your kids".  Yes.  She posted that on a Monster High Dolls photo.  I'm 28 and I haven't lived at home for four years, and my mom is still trying to take a big old dump on anything/everything I like that she happens to disapprove of.  And in a public place devoted to the dolls she apparently dislikes, no less.  I grew up feeling somewhat ashamed of many of the things I liked because SHE didn't like them and went out of her way to express that to me.  I thought I was free from that now.  I guess this just triggered me...
Excuse me while I die of embarrassment.  :sad:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:51:18 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 15, 2013, 03:47:39 PM »

Angry as in "omg this looks horrible!!! If her mask is red I probably won't buy her"
Cray-cray people ;)

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1408 on: March 15, 2013, 03:50:34 PM »
I love that Abby so much! I don't collect the boys so I'm hoping I can find someone to go splitsies on it with me =P Or just sell him here afterwards :)

Not a huge fan of the GNO dolls besides Rochelle! So going to be waiting on the 4 pack for that one.

They had to put 2 of my favourite characters that both look stunning in a play set. Perhaps I could sell the playset? Is anyone interested in buying play sets?

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 15, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »
Heath looks pretty good. His height doesn't match up that well....but they also don't have Abbey in a Nefera body....

They are super cute together. I love Abbey's hair. :D

The Die-ner is cute and would probably be one of the few playsets I'd actually buy because quirky diners are the best.

I hope these all don't come out for a little while.  ^^;

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal