collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35456 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1230 on: March 14, 2013, 12:49:04 PM »
It'd be like school too with chewing gum. :P If you give a piece of gum to one person, you're gonna have to give it to EVERYONE In the class. But with Mattel, if they made someone's OC, then they'll have to make EVERYONE'S OC, then it'll just be full of OC's and that'll just kill the whole franchise. >,>;
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1231 on: March 14, 2013, 12:52:41 PM »
It'd be like school too with chewing gum. :P If you give a piece of gum to one person, you're gonna have to give it to EVERYONE In the class. But with Mattel, if they made someone's OC, then they'll have to make EVERYONE'S OC, then it'll just be full of OC's and that'll just kill the whole franchise. >,>;

Hahaha. This made me giggle.

Post Merge: March 14, 2013, 12:54:05 PM

And if I were to create my own line, how would it get anywhere if no toy companies take outside ideas?

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1232 on: March 14, 2013, 01:05:32 PM »
You'd have to make themselves and start your own company.

animal_lover

« Reply #1233 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »
Ok, well there goes that idea!  :lol:

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 14, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
Wow, ok. I guess I'm just some crazy person then.  :lol: I'm just going to stop talking now.

Idk if I'm just being over sensitive or what but way to make a girl feel completely stupid just for having an idea.  :blush: Sheesh!
*snip*

I think they were just trying to give you unbiased opinions. I'm inclined to believe what they're saying because it's standard practice with many businesses. For example, Jack's Links Jerky:

Quote from: http://www.jacklinks.com/#-/contact-us.aspx
Although we love to hear your comments and encourage you to provide feedback about our products, please understand that we cannot accept suggestions for new products, advertising, promotions, etc. from anyone outside of our company. This policy is necessary to prevent misunderstandings as to the origin of ideas.

eta I would love it if you could prove everyone wrong though! haha
The more dollies the better. :satisfied:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:40:25 PM by shockponie »
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1235 on: March 14, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »
I tried submitting an idea for MH fashion packs to Mattel once. I can't find their response, but it was written assuming I was a member of their target audience rather than an adult male because it basically said that while they were sorry they couldn't accept any outside suggestions, they still wanted to encourage girls to pursue their creative dreams.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1236 on: March 14, 2013, 02:02:19 PM »
Two new images of Gigi Grant were posted to the official Monster High facebook:

I love her dimple chin!! It's sooo cute and makes her more lovely.  :lovey:

Bow Tie Your DT Cleo is amazingly gorgeous, congrats on finding her!

Is it just me or do her eyes seem closer together than the original leaked pics?

animal_lover

« Reply #1237 on: March 14, 2013, 02:07:10 PM »
I tried submitting an idea for MH fashion packs to Mattel once. I can't find their response, but it was written assuming I was a member of their target audience rather than an adult male because it basically said that while they were sorry they couldn't accept any outside suggestions, they still wanted to encourage girls to pursue their creative dreams.

:lol: that's funny!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 14, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »
Found this on tumblr! New webisode in Russian with Jinafire! She's adorable in the flash-style! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e0vxRtN7HkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7VDcLmNg-sI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u-s0OoAN2qg

I love the monster in the wheelchair in the second webisode! :heart: Can he be a doll please?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:17:54 PM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 14, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »
3/4 of the RM Clawdeens that I've seen had their eyes printed up super high or a messy triple lip application... has anyone had the same issue?

Yeah me. I had to look at three different stores before finding one that is acceptable. She still has one eye that is slightly larger than the other, but every other incarnation of her had either had their eyes printed far above/below the socket or had the right (her right) eye tilted in a super weird angle.. like so (` _ -).

D:

Oh my goodness heee  :rofl:  That would be funny to see! Poor Clawdeen's face.  :lookround: I found one with the best face I've seen on the last try and I think I'm done! haha

Yikes! The one RM Clawdeen that I've seen (and snagged) seems fine... although I'm not the best at wonky-eye spotting, I think I'd've noticed that  :lol: Bad QC is so frustrating especially when it's on a doll that's already shortpacked and proving hard to find...

That's great though, finding a gorgeous one first try!  I echo the ironic timing of Bad QC on shortpacked and limited edition dolls....

That Johnny Spirit needs a doll right now. K thx :heart: Good find Bow Tie!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:28:08 PM by TrixieStix »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 14, 2013, 02:31:40 PM »
Found this on tumblr! New webisode in Russian with Jinafire! She's adorable in the flash-style! :D

I love the monster in the wheelchair in the second webisode! :heart: Can he be a doll please?

Thanks for sharing Bow Tie! I love how Jinafire looks too ^.^ I looked through the Russian Monster High Youtube channel to see if there are any others we haven't seen and I found this one with Skelita:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxCThRjiME
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 14, 2013, 02:34:04 PM »

What. That sounds like a robot response.
They're probably getting tons of suggestions from fans and have prepared a particular response mail for such occasions.

I'm still all for doing a petition for an adult spin-off. Even if it's just one line (maybe the girls think of their future and what they're expecting their lives to be like?) I would die if I could get a Pharaoh Cleo *__*

Animal_lover, maybe you can create your adult MH dolls just for yourself? I started looking into making BJDs. It's lots of work, but very rewarding.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 14, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »

Thanks for sharing Bow Tie! I love how Jinafire looks too ^.^ I looked through the Russian Monster High Youtube channel to see if there are any others we haven't seen and I found this one with Skelita:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxCThRjiME

I saw that too! I love that they show her family and village!!! :heart: These are great webisodes! I can't wait to hear them in English! :D
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 14, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »
Must resist watching the videos until they're out in english, but OMG, I actually had an idea for a group of ghouls to be in a wheelchair and have other disabilities too, who shows being handicapped doesn't make them different, but now that it's happened, dang, now it feels like my original idea is no longer considered original. >,<; *Crumples up ideas*
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1244 on: March 14, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
What. That sounds like a robot response.
They're probably getting tons of suggestions from fans and have prepared a particular response mail for such occasions.
Exactly.

Animal_lover, maybe you can create your adult MH dolls just for yourself? I started looking into making BJDs. It's lots of work, but very rewarding.
Yeah, doing your own adult customs of the dolls would be a great place to start. You never know, Mattel might even notice them and approach you. I still sometimes dream that the right person at Mattel will notice my photography ... it's not something I'm holding my breath for, but if an opportunity were to present itself, I would more than likely not turn it down.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal