collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35757 times)

Offline LadyPhoenixFlight

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Monster High Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1155 on: March 13, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »
Oh great, I just hopped on the "didn't-like-the-prototype-but-now-I-totally-need-Gigi" bandwagon: Sooo pretty *flails*
Not sure how I feel about the new CAMs though. A little too gimmick-y for my taste, but on the other hand, more fashion packs! Yay!

Also, anyone else see the newly filed trademarks?
Frights, camera, action! http://www.trademarkia.com/frights-camera-action-85868063.html Next special after 13 Wishes perhaps?
But this surprised me: Skullette. http://www.trademarkia.com/skullette-85868064.html Filed under Dolls, doll clothing and doll acessories. So... They're planning to turn the logo into a character? Interesting...

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 13, 2013, 11:54:38 AM »
Gigi doesn't look like the harpy CAM anymore. I wonder how different Twyla will look when more pictures surface. I hope I still like her.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 13, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »
Ahhh! Monster high overload!!! Mattel slow down or I won't be able to get them all!! :dizzy: :freak:

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1158 on: March 13, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »
I feel like I'm able to slow down a bit now.   :biggrin:   

Up until now I've been buying pretty much everything that appeals to me at all.   :blush:  But......I'm finding myself extremely happy with quite a few of the ones I already have and so don't feel the overwhelming need for ALL the new dolls coming out.  That said there are quite a few I do want!   ;)   But Gigi probably not so much.....even after seeing the newer pics.  Definitely WANT Abbey and Heath 2 pack though!!!!! 

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 13, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »
I love the two Color Me Creepy (I want to use CMC instead of typing that whole thing out, but it's already taken by the Cutie Mark Crusaders so...) fashion packs as well as the dress and shoes from the werewolf one. They need to release more fashion packs. It's too expensive to buy dolls just for shoes or clothes. Shoe packs would sell like crazy.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 13, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Harem pants and ponytails, but I wish Gigi was more monster-ish.  I'm still going to buy her cause I'm crazy like that, but I really want more monstery-monsters.  Ya know?

*pouts about Wydowna*

I'm totally with you on that one.. I love her b/c I love pink & Pony-Tails, but I also want more MONSTERS.. like Jina & Wydowna.. or even like Goona, Clawdeen and Spectra. At least Gigi has clawed hands and a BUTT-CHIN!!! LOL. :D xD

Post Merge: March 13, 2013, 10:47:59 AM

She does have armored plating on her body, as she's a scorpion or whatever. 

It is disappointing that they keep making all these pink dolls, and they're not even different shades of pink!  With Gigi, they had a great opportunity to make her really unique - she could have had orange or yellow or black skin, or just a darker skin tone in general - and instead they made another caucasian-looking doll.  She is really appealing though!  My guess with Gigi in particular is that Mattel wanted to put the most "girl-friendly" color on her since scorpions are considered to be pretty creepy by most people, and they didn't want her species to make her offputting.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:29:41 PM by Aeryala »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 13, 2013, 01:10:32 PM »
Gigi makes me think of a girl version of Deuce with that dimpled chin and downturned eyebrows. She is cuter here than in the old promo pics, but nothing really wows me so I think I'm most likely to pass on her from all the new dolls coming out.

Yeah, this; she's got a really pretty face now, but she still doesn't thrill me... too pink and plain. And I love pink, but like Aeryala said, it just doesn't make sense for this character... except marketing-wise. But... scorpion XD Still Just Do Not Like! Which is okay, I need to be selective and only get the new dolls I REALLY want, which is too many already!

The CMC (lol, acronym conflict) packs are super cute. I hope I can pick up some of the dresses (the tentacle dress and the moon dress, squee!) and especially all those awesome shoes and cuffs. The FP dresses are quite simple though--perhaps because of the color change thing? I hope that feature doesn't make the fabric feel stiff or plasticky.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 13, 2013, 01:12:40 PM »
Do the dresses change color? I thought just the dolls themselves changed color. Either way, I still like the dresses.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 13, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »
I'm not sure. I seem to recall in one of the Toy Fair videos that the dress that comes with the full playset changes color? But I really don't know. I hope they don't, I just want dresses, not gimmicks XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 13, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »
Ooo she has her own face mold now, and she has a butt chin!! XD

I don't know if you realize but that butt chin comment is hurtful. I have a cleft like that in my chin.

I really like her design more now. I can't wait til she comes out.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1165 on: March 13, 2013, 01:28:53 PM »
I think her dimple is freaking adorable. She looks so much cuter than her prototype.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 13, 2013, 01:29:41 PM »
Do the dresses change color? I thought just the dolls themselves changed color. Either way, I still like the dresses.

The dresses and all other accessories (like shoes) change color. The fashion packs have something like a pen that you can use to decorate the outfits. That's why they are a little plain :)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #1167 on: March 13, 2013, 01:33:19 PM »
Do you guys/gals think $5 a piece for nude dolls is fair? No one super rare or anything.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 13, 2013, 01:34:46 PM »
Ooo she has her own face mold now, and she has a butt chin!! XD

I don't know if you realize but that butt chin comment is hurtful. I have a cleft like that in my chin.

I really like her design more now. I can't wait til she comes out.

Ah, I'm sorry SP! I just quoted Luvly because I found the expression funny, but I had no intention to offend and I'm sure neither did she. :<
I actually think that people (and Gigi xD) look cute with that - It gives them character. :)
I get where you are coming from tho.. Very sorry it did annoy you so. :hug:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 13, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »
Do you guys/gals think $5 a piece for nude dolls is fair? No one super rare or anything.

That's a steal oO

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal