collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35542 times)

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1095 on: March 12, 2013, 06:27:18 PM »
What's the first release then? I thought it was the one with the pet?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 12, 2013, 06:28:32 PM »
First release, re-released. :P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 12, 2013, 06:30:30 PM »
Has there been a release date for the DC 5 pack yet?
I'm dying to Gil and Rochelle.

faunabay

« Reply #1098 on: March 12, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »
They both have pets.   ;)  What I just learned myself the other day :P is the first release was made in China and the fuzzy legwarmers cover her whole shoe.  The rerelease was made in Indonesia and the leg warmers don't go over the shoes completely.

I just thought of something though.  Your Kmart just might have first release Abbeys.   :wonder:  Because a local Walmart awhile ago all the sudden got a HUGE amount of Cupid's..... 1600 and sig.   :biggrin:   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:48:08 PM by faunabay »

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 12, 2013, 06:45:28 PM »
I need some advice, i recently bought a 1st release Abbey used and she's in great condition except for this weird stain on her nose, i've tried using magic eraser and it faded it considerably but its still there and refuses to budge, is there anyhting else i can do to get rid of it?

Does it look soaked into the plastic? If it's not and its a surface blemish, you could try acetone. Be VERY careful if you try this, though! Acetone will remove the face up if it comes in contact with the paint!

Its hard to tell but unfortunately i think it might be soaked in :( Whats left is very faint now though. I've considered using acetone as a last resort.

Could you try sunfading it?

Ooh theres an idea! Would the sun not fade her blueness though?

Has anyone had any success with toothpaste? i think i read somewhere that might work but i'm wary of what i try since she's so HTF now :huh:

My Kmart is full of them if you decide you want to try different things on the one you have and it gets messed up. I'd be happy to pick one up for you!

Thankyou :) But as Faunabay said she's the first release, the one released in 2011(?) with the bigger eyes... i actually have the second release too because i'm greedy :lol:

animal_lover

« Reply #1100 on: March 12, 2013, 07:17:04 PM »
They both have pets.   ;)  What I just learned myself the other day :P is the first release was made in China and the fuzzy legwarmers cover her whole shoe.  The rerelease was made in Indonesia and the leg warmers don't go over the shoes completely.

I just thought of something though.  Your Kmart just might have first release Abbeys.   :wonder:  Because a local Walmart awhile ago all the sudden got a HUGE amount of Cupid's..... 1600 and sig.   :biggrin:   

Really? I'm curious which ones they are now! How can you tell the difference other than the shoe thing? Is the packaging different? And is she worth anything? I hate being that person but I need money!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 12, 2013, 07:20:14 PM »

Really? I'm curious which ones they are now! How can you tell the difference other than the shoe thing? Is the packaging different? And is she worth anything? I hate being that person but I need money!

She's got a different face-up and body-colour.

-> http://thatravie.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/abbey-comparison/

I also have both, but I love the original/1st release best. ^^
So I'd also be careful about fading her. Sorry this has happened to you.. hope you can find a solution eventually. ;O;

animal_lover

« Reply #1102 on: March 12, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
Ok, Idk if I'm just blind or what but I honestly cannot see the difference between the two other than the shoes. Can someone help please?  :lol:

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #1103 on: March 12, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »
Ok, Idk if I'm just blind or what but I honestly cannot see the difference between the two other than the shoes. Can someone help please?  :lol:

The re-released Abbey has a modified head mold. Her jaw and eyes are slightly different shapes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:35:57 PM by Okiedokieloki »

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #1104 on: March 12, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »

That's not true, actually, the legwarmers on the Indonesian release are at the knee whereas the Chinese release has them below the knee, you have to pull them down at the bottom to cover the shoes on the Indonesian one.

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 12, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »

The re-released Abbey has a modified head mold. Her jaw is a slightly different shape and her eyes are a bit bigger.

This is really nitpicky, but the first release has fluffier fur and her jewellery is a different colour too, its a lighter blue. The little key on her purse is also different! I noticed this the other day, the little skullette on the first release is better shaped than the re-release!

The easiest way to tell is by checking if the box says made in China/Indonesia, the Chinese ones are the first releases.

animal_lover

« Reply #1106 on: March 12, 2013, 07:53:45 PM »
Ah! Thank you for that tidbit about the different countries on the boxes. Obviously I'm not very good at noticing subtle differences.  :lol:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1107 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
I can't tell the difference either, aside from the eyes :) I got mine and I'm pretty sure she is second release but I just pulled the legwarmers down over the shoe myself. I'm happy with her!

animal_lover

« Reply #1108 on: March 12, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
Is the original worth anything? I'm looking on ebay and it doesn't seem like she's even going for that much. In fact i think the 2nd edition is going for more than the first.

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 12, 2013, 08:46:47 PM »
I was at my local Superstore today and they had two School's Out Lagoonas on the shelf. I know I shouldn't buy any MH dolls because my work hours are being cut back, but she's really pretty. Should I go back and grab one? Or let my more sensible half have the final say and resist? :P

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal