collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35700 times)

aroa678

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #750 on: March 06, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »
Overall, I'm so totally overwhelmed with the dolls I already have. The idea of buying more is quite terrifying!
I know right?! Why can't they just release more of these things as fashion packs? Why do we have to have a doll for (almost) every new fashion? Barbie gets tons of fashion packs. Is it because they feel each doll has to have a new face-up and/or hairstyle to go with the new fashions? Perhaps they should've made all the dolls like the CAMs and then they could include new wigs with the fashion packs (and new hand molds and the like).

I was thinking the same yesterday while i was finishing a wig for one of my CAM girls. I think posability of cam bodies  (heads apart, because they can´t move up and down) is even better than the other dolls.
It would be great that you can buy amounts of clothes and shoes in sets as Barbie or that we can change style hair changing only the wig, not having to reroot a entire head. And for the hands, it would be very nice we can buy diferent kind of hands, i would like to put a gloveless hands to my werecats.

animal_lover

« Reply #751 on: March 06, 2013, 02:39:11 AM »
So what exactly was the Gil situation? I'm curious to know what happened..

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 06, 2013, 05:18:38 AM »
I think it all comes down to money.

ButI will admit MH reissues are better than Barbie or MLP ones. Each doll has enough uniqueness to warrent the purchase of another version. At least, to me they do.

I agree. I like having different dolls with different hairstyles/faces. i don't think i'd be that into them if they went the route of CAMs. It gets to be a lot of dolls, yes, but personally I'm ok with that :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 06, 2013, 05:23:49 AM »
It helps if you don't always have everyone on display, too. About 90% of my doll collection live in a while IKEA-Box. LOL. (and right now 100% of my MLP collection does, too)
I switch the dolls on display from time to time and usually only have about 3-6 of them out at the same time. That way it won't look too cluttered (clutter drives me batty.. a year or so ago my toy-shelves were SO cluttered that I almost gave up on it all and wanted to sell everything off - My BF suggested putting most of it away, first. And this helped me a lot).

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 06, 2013, 06:50:29 AM »
I really don;t want to have to buy that five pack just to get Gil and Rochelle, but I'm going to have to. *sigh* Gil is my MH grail.

faunabay

« Reply #755 on: March 06, 2013, 07:12:42 AM »
It helps if you don't always have everyone on display, too. About 90% of my doll collection live in a while IKEA-Box. LOL. (and right now 100% of my MLP collection does, too)
I switch the dolls on display from time to time and usually only have about 3-6 of them out at the same time. That way it won't look too cluttered (clutter drives me batty.. a year or so ago my toy-shelves were SO cluttered that I almost gave up on it all and wanted to sell everything off - My BF suggested putting most of it away, first. And this helped me a lot).
This is exactly what I've been thinking about the last week or so.  I've been thinking of putting some of them away and changing them out every so often.  hmmm..........

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #756 on: March 06, 2013, 07:28:13 AM »
As much as it sucks that Gil is in a 5 pack, I have to admit.. I'm pretty happy its not another swimsuit 5 pack lol. And, I only have DC Robecca who I wouldn't mine having duplicates of, so I'm a happy camper!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 06, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »
I'm starting to run out of room for my dolls and I'm going to have to make more room my Lagoonas soon since Picture Day, GNO and Scaris should be out very soon. I'm going to have to move stuff around. I'll probably display my Cleos and Deuces on the shelf on the wall with my two SDCC dolls and figure out where the others will be. I do have more room on my dresser now that I got rid of my big old TV, which holds the Canterlot Wedding Castle and soon the cafe so I'll put the dolls that aren't Lagoona, Cleo and Deuce there.

As much as it sucks that Gil is in a 5 pack, I have to admit.. I'm pretty happy its not another swimsuit 5 pack lol. And, I only have DC Robecca who I wouldn't mine having duplicates of, so I'm a happy camper!

I love the swim lines, but I'm really happy it's not a swim 5 pack again. :lol: I only have Lagoona out of that 5 Pack so having more of her doesn't bother me at all. We'll see if I keep Robecca and Operetta. I'm not a fan of Robecca's slicked back hair and Operetta doesn't do much for me, but we shall see when I get it. :)
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 06, 2013, 08:11:37 AM »
This is exactly what I've been thinking about the last week or so.  I've been thinking of putting some of them away and changing them out every so often.  hmmm..........

You should try! :>
Like I said, it has helped me so much.. I wouldn't be collecting anymore had I not put some of the stuff away to storage. Plus changing the display every month or so even helps me bond with them better. It's much fun going through the boxes and seeing what I own and falling in love with dolls and details all over again (this also has prevented a bunch of ebay-buying-sprees, I can tell! XD Since whenever I feel down or blue now, I turn to the boxes first.. not run to ebay waving a bunch of money around. LOL.)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 06, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »
So what exactly was the Gil situation? I'm curious to know what happened..
Gill was only released in the Skull Shores line and was only out for a limited time, not many people got him as he was a hot item at the time, because they removed him so quickly from cases, he became rare, and because he's so rare, his value is very VERY high, this'll be Gil's 2nd release so everyone is gonna have another chance in getting him, and since it'll be a 5 pack, the chances are gonna be higher!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 06, 2013, 09:25:51 AM »
I have to say I just want a gil.. I cant recall if I had saw him in stores when he was released the 1st time around. I could do with out having to buy the 5 pack since I will have doubles of oppie and lagoona but there is always trading off the doubles.. I am excited about the i heart fashion scarah* (omg if that isnt spelled right) I am also very excited about heath burns and I see his face doesnt match the normal boy faces yay... I watched the scaris special and I must say rochelle's lover would make an awsome doll.. wish I could find my a cam gargole now...*sighs* Monster high is taking over my pony collection... has been for some time now.. I cant wait for more dolls to be released... but they still need more fashion packs in different colors too....mattel is good at sticking with basic colors...

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #761 on: March 06, 2013, 11:08:45 AM »
RE: boys and shorts ...

I just had the thought that if they were to give Gil long pants, they'd have to be bell bottoms or something in order to fit over his leg fins.

Also, this Music Festival Clawd is the first Clawd to come with shorts rather than pants. And two of the three Deuces have pants. And one of the two Jacksons has pants.

So I don't think the "always in shorts" issue is really as bad as it might seem.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #762 on: March 06, 2013, 11:14:11 AM »
Maybe it's more of.. "Recently always in shorts"?

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 06, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »
RE: boys and shorts ...

I just had the thought that if they were to give Gil long pants, they'd have to be bell bottoms or something in order to fit over his leg fins.

Also, this Music Festival Clawd is the first Clawd to come with shorts rather than pants. And two of the three Deuces have pants. And one of the two Jacksons has pants.

So I don't think the "always in shorts" issue is really as bad as it might seem.

All three CAM boys come with shorts.  Both Gills come with shorts.  One Deuce, Jackson, and Clawd come with shorts.  There are 15 male MH dolls that I know of, both released and leaked right now.  Eight out of the 15 come with shorts, and the one male "fashion pack" (I use the term loosely for the sports' outfits) comes with shorts.  Still seems like a lot of shorts.  Especially when you're like me and you don't care for the male dolls' exceptionally long lower legs, haha.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:27:39 AM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 06, 2013, 11:34:22 AM »
Since people are talking about having too many MH dolls, can I ask how you all store them?  :satisfied:

I have the majority of mine in a tub with layers separated by tissue paper (for those annoying sticky ones) but I'm more annoyed than I should be that their hair gets all funky when you pack them away in anything.  :blink:

I was thinking about trying a wine bottle case with those dividers but it's not really feasible without knowing a major alcoholic, lol.  :wine:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal