collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35645 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #345 on: February 27, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
I honestly want all of them... just, Robecca is main priority because I have an extra outfit for each girl in the line.

However, I never listen to my fiance. When I don't listen to my fiance I end up doll/fashion packless. I really need to...learn.../smacks forehead.

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #346 on: February 27, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
Does anyone know if the Dragon/Werewolf CAM set is still available?  :lookround:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 27, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
Does anyone know if the Dragon/Werewolf CAM set is still available?  :lookround:

I found one at Walmart an one at Target... So yes should still be :) did you want me to snag one for you?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »
I honestly want all of them... just, Robecca is main priority because I have an extra outfit for each girl in the line.

However, I never listen to my fiance. When I don't listen to my fiance I end up doll/fashion packless. I really need to...learn.../smacks forehead.
My main priority was mostly Robecca and Ghoulia, since i don't have either of their fashion packs yet, Frankie's was on impulse since I didn't want to keep this DT Frankie Nekkid. :P Operetta's is kinda meh, but not as meh as her first Fashion pack...Might want it too...*think think think*

Gheese, seeing pictures of Lagoona and Cleo makes me want them slightly more. >,<; Grats on getting them!
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #349 on: February 27, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »

I found one at Walmart an one at Target... So yes should still be :) did you want me to snag one for you?

Thanks so much for the offer! I think I'll be okay though, seeing it's still on shelves!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2013, 07:30:15 PM »
So I'm working on putting Deuce's uniform on and it hit me! Instead of selling the second uniform my boyfriend picked up for me, I'm going to put the jersey on one of the Fearleading Cleos I'm getting! Don't high school girls do that some times? Or is that old school? XD
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
So I'm working on putting Deuce's uniform on and it hit me! Instead of selling the second uniform my boyfriend picked up for me, I'm going to put the jersey on one of the Fearleading Cleos I'm getting! Don't high school girls do that some times? Or is that old school? XD

Well, if it counts, I'm in High School myself and I wear my boyfriend's sweater sometimes.  :P

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2013, 08:04:09 PM »

Well, if it counts, I'm in High School myself and I wear my boyfriend's sweater sometimes.  :P

I'll take it! I wasn't sure if it was only something high schoolers did pre-2000. :lol: I don't remember if girls did that at my high school. I have the worst memory ever. XD Then again, I never dated jocks and I wasn't a jock in high school.
-Bow Tie

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2013, 09:25:25 PM »
If it helps, one of my friends in high school who played basketball, she'd wear boy jerseys and tied the bottom so it wasn't too loose and wore a tank top under it.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

animal_lover

Scaris Frankie
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:58 PM »
These are everywhere but much to my annoyance I still have yet to find even just one with acceptable hair! Is this just how her hair is for this version? Has anyone ever found one with decent hair? I ADORE Frankie and would really like to have this version but feel like I would have to buy her just to de-box her and fix her hair. And I don't know if I can really justify spending $20 on a doll I'd have to fix. I know a lot of you do just that but in my opinion I feel like that's just kind of a waste. At the same time though there's so many of these out there, it almost makes me feel better if this were the doll I did it with. What do you guys think I should do?

merged with general MH discussion--- Jupi
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:17:28 PM by jupiternwndrlnd »

Dorriebelle

Re: Scaris Frankie
« Reply #355 on: February 27, 2013, 10:17:20 PM »
I was curious about this, too. All eight that I've seen, in three different retail outlets across two counties, have had messy, unbrushed-looking hair. Like Frankie stuck a finger in the wrong socket just before being secured in the box liner. At first, I thought someone was stealing headbands or sunglasses, leaving wrecked hair in their thieving wake, but every accessory remained firmly in place, the dolls all just had bad hair. So weird ! Every other doll in the line, deluxe or narrow box, has had the usual factory hair - shellacked or at least styled attractively - except for Frankie.

It's a relief to hear I'm not the only one to notice this, I admit.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #356 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:24 PM »
scaris frankie is everywhere....i would hope you could find one with decent hair in box....cause you are a MIB collector, opening her to fix her hair would kind of defeat the purpose of her being MIB

animal_lover

« Reply #357 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
Well if I were to get one to fix her hair I would just leave it de-boxed and maybe use that as one of the dolls I play with. Since I wasn't sure which ones I wanted to buy doubles of for playing purposes anyway. :) But I get what you're saying, and I totally agree! Since she isn't one of my favorite Frankie's, maybe I can wait it out a bit longer and see if I can find a good one.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 27, 2013, 11:26:10 PM »
I swear that Deuce's uniform is the only MH item that sells for or less than retail value. XD
-Bow Tie

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #359 on: February 28, 2013, 12:02:14 AM »
Those cupcake rings! I need them! I remember someone posting on monsterhighdolls.com about places like Jewel-Osco/Albertsons/etc. having the cupcakes with those rings and a cake! I remember this because I wanted the cupcakes for my birthday that year. :lol: I'm hoping that I will FINALLY get them for my birthday this year! 2 months to go on Saturday! Maybe I should ask for a MH cake instead. Hmmmm. . .

I bought two sets of six rings off Amazon a couple months ago, for about $5. delivered. Put one set on some baked potatoes for my birthday. I've also seen them on hair accessories. Just wanted to let ya know, you can buy 'em separate online, and sometimes bakeries will sell just the 'toy' pieces, too. I know Mal-Wart has 'em, I saw them on cupcakes when we picked up Dearest Son's MLP birthday cake.

Wanna see a photo of your cake /cupcakes / side dishes ! Happy early birthday !

Edit to add - Forgot I had a picture of the whole set. Got 'em propped up with cardboard tubes. Here 'tis ->

I worked as a cake decorator in a grocery store for 10 years, so I wanted to share some advice about these rings. Especially when I see you paid $5 for 6 of them. I nearly shed a tear!

Go to a grocery store and ask the bakery if they carry the Monster High Cupcake Rings. If they say No, ask them if they would look into ordering them for you. They probably can. WHEN they get them in (Not before!) ask them how much they would charge to sell you some. At my store, we charged $3 for 24 rings.

Alternatively, you can go straight to the source. It would be either DecoPac, or Bakery Crafts. They both have websites which list customer service phone numbers. Call them and ask them if they have the Monster High rings. If you can find the item number on the website, that's even better. Then ask them how much they charge to deliver to a residential address. One of them WILL sell to the general public, but adds a small fee. I just can't remember which one. You can get a bag of 144 rings for anywhere from $5 - $15 depending on the item. You could always keep the few you want out of that bag, and sell the rest, or use them for cupcakes at home or whatever.

If you have any questions about cake related stuff in the future, please feel free to PM me :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal