collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35467 times)

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »
So, my ASDA is dumb.

Full scaris line, excepttt...the exclusive.

Instead we have ghouls rule Abbey... Who was absolutely not out with the ghouls rule dolls when they had them.

She looks so odd sandwiched between all the new releases. XD

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2013, 04:07:29 PM »
I've been disliking my 2.0 Lagoona.  She has weird eye placement.  When she first hit shelves, I thought Mattel was trying something different with her (they were experimenting with Lala's eye placement at the time, I thought this was a similar situation) and I actually hunted her odd placement down.  Later releases of Lagoona would prove I hunted down a wonky doll :lol:  None of the future releases had the same eyes as my 2.0 Lagoona, EXCEPT this Scaris doll.  Am I the only one who sees it?  Her eyes are placed lower on her face, giving her the illusion of a big forehead.  I don't think it's the hairstyle, it's her eyes.  Or am I wrong?

Anyway, I wonder if this doll is also wonky, or what?  She'd fit right in with my Lagoona :lol:  I think having another oddball would help me like 2.0 more.....
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »
So I checked my Walmart today- Scaris, Ghouls Alive, 1600 and RM and Dance class. I was surprised to see the 1600s there, but I didn't see any males :( oh well.

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »
I've been disliking my 2.0 Lagoona.  She has weird eye placement.  When she first hit shelves, I thought Mattel was trying something different with her (they were experimenting with Lala's eye placement at the time, I thought this was a similar situation) and I actually hunted her odd placement down.  Later releases of Lagoona would prove I hunted down a wonky doll :lol:  None of the future releases had the same eyes as my 2.0 Lagoona, EXCEPT this Scaris doll.  Am I the only one who sees it?  Her eyes are placed lower on her face, giving her the illusion of a big forehead.  I don't think it's the hairstyle, it's her eyes.  Or am I wrong?

Anyway, I wonder if this doll is also wonky, or what?  She'd fit right in with my Lagoona :lol:  I think having another oddball would help me like 2.0 more.....

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I've noticed that in my collection of Lagoonas she's got two different facemolds, which differ with the placement of the eyes. There's Mad Science, Dawn of the Dance, 2.0 rerelease, and Wave 1 that have what I consider the "normal" Lagoona eyes, and my favorite. Then my Dead Tired, Skull Shores, Dot Dead Gorgeous and Roller Maze all have eyes that are slightly larger, lower on her head, an farther apart. It looks like this is what Scaris Lagoona is as well. When the 2.0 Lagoona rerelease first came out, I remember people were saying that the new one has the "normal" looking facemold, while the original one had the weirder looking eyes...I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, but that's what I've noticed with my Lagoonas :o

Edit: Okay, found a comparison pic between the original 2.0 Lagoona and the rerelease! Is this what you're talking about? (Original on the left)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69404301@N03/7987429471/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:33:28 PM by Jocelyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2013, 04:41:01 PM »
So, my ASDA is dumb.

Full scaris line, excepttt...the exclusive.

Instead we have ghouls rule Abbey... Who was absolutely not out with the ghouls rule dolls when they had them.

She looks so odd sandwiched between all the new releases. XD
Oh I've been dying for GR Abbey!!!  Lucky:)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2013, 05:02:36 PM »

Not sure what link you couldn't see, here's the one that I posted the link for. Obviously, not my picture it is MonsterHighDMs from Flickr. I'm not sure how to credit pictures with links under the picture.

Much better picture!!! :heart: I'm adoring both of them! I wish they would give Lagoona bangs or a side bang like her basic. I'm not a fan of her without some sort of bangs.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2013, 05:18:23 PM »
Ohh... I want that Cleo... but not so much the Lagoona. She's really a hit or miss for me, and this one just doesn't excite me enough.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2013, 05:22:30 PM »
Here's a crappy quick webcam pic of my 2.0 Lagoona.  Everything I own is packed away, including my camera.  Took some time to find her.  I have too many dolls :lol:

I realize now (sometimes I can't see eyes being uneven unless it's in photos :huh:) her eyes are wonky, but originally I was saying they seem to be too low on her face.

Starting to think Lagoona is just as bad as Lala when it comes to face screenings :P
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »
Interesting new 2-pack! I like that Cleo... I like Lagoona's outfit, but as for the doll... custom bait!!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2013, 05:25:13 PM »
Not really a fan of Scaris Lagoona, either. Something about her face/makeup/lips bugs me. D:
One of my buddies collects all of the Lagoona's, so assuming she would want this Lagoona, I likely will end up splitting the set with her to get that Cleo['s outfit]. ^^
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:37 PM »
Googly eyed and big fish lips Lagoona. >,<; I wish I got a 2nd release of 2.0 Lagoona where they gave her a better face, but oh well, stuck with first release 2.0 Fishie Lagoona. XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2013, 05:44:33 PM »
Looks like the scarves they have are reused fabric from Nefera and Lagoona's ballet suit.  What do the shoes they are wearing look like?  Cleo's cat shoes are cute.  I don't care that they are a repaint from the witch/cat CAM.  Just excited for another Cleo!
Wasn't Nefera the one that really likes cats? It looks like Cleo raided her older sister's wardrobe for her Scaris trip :P

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »
Looks like the scarves they have are reused fabric from Nefera and Lagoona's ballet suit.  What do the shoes they are wearing look like?  Cleo's cat shoes are cute.  I don't care that they are a repaint from the witch/cat CAM.  Just excited for another Cleo!
Wasn't Nefera the one that really likes cats? It looks like Cleo raided her older sister's wardrobe for her Scaris trip :P

And of course Cleo would do that too. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2013, 05:48:15 PM »

Not sure what link you couldn't see, here's the one that I posted the link for. Obviously, not my picture it is MonsterHighDMs from Flickr. I'm not sure how to credit pictures with links under the picture.

Much better picture!!! :heart: I'm adoring both of them! I wish they would give Lagoona bangs or a side bang like her basic. I'm not a fan of her without some sort of bangs.

Yes!! She looks amazing with bangs!!! Granted, I like bangs. But she has a fivehead without them. I'm also a fan of the more fishy/amphibious facemold from the earlier waves.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2013, 05:52:40 PM »
Rays back!  :grouphug:

from the look of the art of Scaris Lagoona I thought her ponytail was going to be foward infront of her face and not a regular one in back :P

Hey Frankie!

I am just loving this 2-pack. It might be because Cleo a tie for my favorite ghoul, and Lagoona is in the race hot behind her and Ghoulia. :) The only thing I don't like about this pack is the recast of the cat shoes. I really didn't like them for the CAM.... that and with Toralei being her arch nemesis and the whole werecat thing..... I just don't like it.

I do like the recast of the Lagoona 2.0/Draculaura Roadster shoes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal