collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35338 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1110 on: March 12, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »
I think your sensible side already won, if you were to go back tomorrow for them, they'll probably be gone by then. :P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 12, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
I think your sensible side already won, if you were to go back tomorrow for them, they'll probably be gone by then. :P

True, but then again Superstore stock moves realllly slowly so there may still be a chance they'll be there....
Now I'm just enabling myself to go!

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1112 on: March 12, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »
I say go back and get one! But this is coming from the girl who maxed out her credit card and drained her savings account in a month just buying MH.  :lol: Granted my credit card didn't have much left on it to begin with but I've still spent a ridiculous amount of money in just a month of collecting.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 12, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »

True, but then again Superstore stock moves realllly slowly so there may still be a chance they'll be there....

Doooooooo it!  :bateyes: :whistle:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 12, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »

Well, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 12, 2013, 09:02:49 PM »
I guess I'll just have to go back tomorrow then  :whistle:

I think one of the main reasons I like these forums so much is all the people willing to help me justify my doll and pony purchases  :lol:

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 12, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »
Through some way or another......we're all enablers...XD
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 12, 2013, 09:16:43 PM »
Is the original worth anything? I'm looking on ebay and it doesn't seem like she's even going for that much. In fact i think the 2nd edition is going for more than the first.

She used to be, not sure now, i got mine for just under retail missing her diary a few weeks ago, but after the recent re-release of Abbey the prices have dropped on both versions. Mattel haven't reused that facial screening since SS (the new chinese facial screening looks different to me) So who knows, i think its one of those things where her price depends on who wants her and how much they want her. Sorry i'm not much help.

faunabay

« Reply #1118 on: March 12, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »
She's got a different face-up and body-colour.

-> http://thatravie.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/abbey-comparison/

I also have both, but I love the original/1st release best. ^^
So I'd also be careful about fading her. Sorry this has happened to you.. hope you can find a solution eventually. ;O;
OMG!!  I was perfectly happy with my rerelease until seeing this comparison.   :shocked:   So now I'm thinking I might have to buy the first release when I know I really don't need it!   :snicker:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 12, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
I honestly like the 2nd release more, the first one for some reason looks like she came out of a time machine and has that old look to her skin tone. As for her leg warmers, mine is still in her box, but I opened from the bottom and poked at it with a pair of tweezers. they're the same length, one was just folded in from the bottom, I tugged it to look even.

Now sure if they're able to go over the boots, but I'm confident they can...Unless they sewed them to have a slightly smaller diameter or something.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

faunabay

« Reply #1120 on: March 12, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »
My rerelease legwarmers are the same length and can be pulled down until most of the shoe is covered.  I really am still happy with her.  So thank you Luvly!!  lol  ...am gonna stay with her.   :biggrin:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 12, 2013, 10:02:12 PM »
I'm glad they added some new features to Abbey after the first release, like the glitter on her skin, before it made her look kinda plain and simple, but the glitter did a number on her. :P

Shoot. I'm staring at my Scaris Cafe it's still in it's box, and for some reason, the more I look at it...the more I want the Scaris Deluxe dolls to go with it. >,>; If I cave to collect them, I'd have to get Scaris Clawdeen, Frankie, Rochelle AND The two pack with Cleo and Lagoona...Maybe even Scaris Ghoulia, maybe Draculaura, and I don't wanna go through that whole mess of searching for them or having to get extra money for them. >,<; *Smacks her own hand* No Melody, no. No evil tempted impulse thoughts. =_=;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1122 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »
i love abbey!

I just got my RM abbey today and she is so pretty!!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 13, 2013, 12:40:51 AM »
Alrighty, so I opened the Swimline Venus I got yesterday, took her stock off and redressed her with Signature Venus'! Now she isn't a stargazer with her head pointing upwards or floppy headed or having something stopping her from looking downward. her limbs aren't as floppy except for the elbows, Her hair is shorter, but actually looks better and she has her flocking still! I even pierced her ears to be exactly like Sig Venus! (First time doing an ear piercing and it was a success!)

Although I was able to replace my Signature Venus, she still has some sort of sentimental value to me...I feel kinda bad about replacing her. She was my first MH Ghoul to open and kinda the first for me to ruin, so to speak.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

WildLace

« Reply #1124 on: March 13, 2013, 01:24:58 AM »
Question. Does the first release Abbey have a different Skin tone to the I <3 fashion Abbey??

My Sig Abbey has a split seem in her lady area. This justifies me getting a new Abbey for her body.
I chose the I<3 Fashion Abbey because if I have to get another abbey it might as well come with cute clothes. :biggrin:

If Any one has a comparison pic that would be great.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal