collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How Would You Play With Your Ponies?  (Read 943 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: How Would You Play With Your Ponies?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 03:41:26 AM »
I do not play with mine either, I love to look at them and make them look pretty. I also do not remember how I played with mine as a kid either. I think when we are younger we have so little on our minds and can do that stuff. I now a days have to much stress and other things going on in my mind to think of playing like that. I get lots of joy just looking at them and moving them around. I do love my collection :)

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 04:11:03 AM »
When I was little I would brush and plait their hair, dress them up and have fashion shows/competitions. I would also go around my cousins house who also had ponies and we would have fashion shows their too. Don't remember doing much else with them tbh!

I don't play with them like I used to, I prefer to look at them and smell them!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:17 AM »
When I was a kid, I would sometimes act out episodes from the TV series, but mostly I would just make up my own story.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »
I wish I could still play with mine but I don't. I miss the imagination and wonderment that comes with being a child. I had so many different ponies, but I mainly played with my G1s. I had G2s and fakies as well, Ivy always being the suave guy for my G2 gals. Haha xD One of my brothers would play with me sometimes and I would always give him Barnacle, although at the time he was Teddy because I thought he looked like Teddy from My Little Pony Tales xD

There would be wonderful parties and romance and heartbreak and all that good stuff! I also had breyers I played with a lot. I hated dolls and only had 2 Barbies to my name and they were strictly used for caring for the horses. Lol xD Smetimes my brothers' GI Joes would come to play as well. ^^
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:43:58 AM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »
I remember one summer when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old, cicadas were everywhere and they left their exoskeletons on tree trunks when they molted. I carefully collected a bunch and my ponies had to fight off an invading swarm. Minty was my army general, but I think Posey was the best at smashing the invaders. Snuzzle was the doctor that patched up the wounded.   
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Aflame

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »
i would play with a few spasific ones and set up dream vally with all the playsets and all ponies i had (nursery crimp & curl sallon, grooming parlour,the castel, show stable,purfume puff pallace,and the school of dance and 148ponies) but could only have them out for a bit as it got pretty hard to step over them so had to put them back buti havent had a pony room yet ! 
my mate from round the corner also used to bring round his he-man and skeetor or thundercats and mumra and we would have a cross over adventure !!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:08:50 AM by Aflame »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 10:10:56 AM »
I remember one summer when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old, cicadas were everywhere and they left their exoskeletons on tree trunks when they molted. I carefully collected a bunch and my ponies had to fight off an invading swarm. Minty was my army general, but I think Posey was the best at smashing the invaders. Snuzzle was the doctor that patched up the wounded.   

Seriously, I wish I could have joined in on this! Lol That sounds like some amazing fun xD
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 10:58:44 AM »
I don't remember ever playing on my own. It seemed pointless if one of my sisters weren't around. I must have at some point, but I don't really remember. I do remember that my sisters and I would have them (and pretty much any other toy) live in the town we set up for them, and they would have slice of life adventures. Shopping, dating, working, that kind of thing. We weren't very exciting. lol.

I have tried to get more into playing now that I have my son. I wish that could completely get back that mindset, but sadly I think it's gone. It makes me really sad because I can clearly remember a time when I was playing with my little sister, and my older sister came in to make fun of us, and tell me how I was too old for that stuff. I was about 12 or 13. I told her to shut up, and when she left I told my little sister that I would never stop playing with toys. I wish that was true. I wonder if for some reason it's that little girl inside of me that drives me to collect toys and watch cartoons as an adult.

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »
I only had one pony growing up, so she didn't get into the soap opera adventures of my Barbies or Hot Wheels or figurines or plushies. Didn't even name her. But she was a So Soft, so I'd just stroke my fingertips in the flocked indentations beneath her hooves. It was very soothing!

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
Even as a kid I would brush their hair, braid the tails and probably cuddle with them for a few seconds before sitting them on my dresser or night stand. I wasn't really into playing with my toys for hours... I had a nintendo and a bike to ride! lol

Even now I like to clean them up, brush their hair and just display them in my living room where I can enjoy seeing them while on the computer.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »
When I was a kid I had a pony village but all the shops and houses had to be made from pillows and books. They hung out with my robots and Dinosaurs.
I must confess I also played with them in the tub and outside in the grass.

I still love playing with my ponies, I mostly use them to tease my boyfriend though

Holds up pony and makes pony bob up and down like she's talking
Pony- "what'cha doing?"
boyfriend- "Cleaning "
Pony- "that sounds boring let's go watch a movie!"

I recently picked up a G3 singing pinkie oh she is loads of fun I had a blast making her mouth move and making her lip sink to 'Meatloaf' songs 

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
I used to play with mine outside, like they had to leave their homes (in my room, of course) due to some natural disaster.  THey lived in my dollhouse for a long time, and loved it.  I don't play with them much anymore, but I do pull them down and have ideas for stories (fanfic, I suppose) for their lives.  Like how couples met, how friends relate and go through normal struggles, etc.  I didn't have that many growing up and so they were all treasured. 

Now though, I still pull them down and take them into the living room with me (only one or two) and stroke their hair and think of ponies to customize.  (g3-4) 

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 07:11:41 PM »
I don't play with my ponies anymore (although I do take them out occasionally to brush their hair), but they had quite some interesting adventures in their pasts.  :lol:

Some days, it was business as usual - I'd set up my Celebration Salon, Carriage, and Petal Parlor, and the ponies would just hang around town, go get their hair styled, that sort of thing. A few had personalities; Amberlocks was the shy stylist, Sunshimmer was the most fashionable pony around town who spent her time soaking up as much sun as possible, and Fizzy Pop was notorious for being hyperactive.
Whenever I set up my Celebration Castle, it was pretty much a guarantee that if I left the room for one minute, my younger brothers would be inside invading the castle with dinosaurs and wooden trains. I remember one scenario in which a battle between the dinosaurs and ponies ensued. Many plastic lives were lost.
(But they all magically came back to life afterwards. They're magical ponies; science doesn't apply to them.)

When I got Good Morning Sunshine for Christmas when I was seven, I took her everywhere. Whenever I was at home, I usually pushed her around in a plastic doll stroller, or sat her on my desk while I did school. Never slept with her, though, as it was very annoying to roll over in the middle of the night and hear, "GOOD MORNING MOMMY," yelled in your ear. :lol:

Good times, good times.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 03:05:51 AM »
These stories are adorable and really cute!

I think I was a strict "My Little Pony Mummy" - as mentioned before when I was a little girl, my parents showed dogs so more often than not every weekend we were in the car and off to a show. Therefore when I played with my ponies they tended to be my "show ponies" - we did a lot of competitions at the Show Stable and beauty shows at the Pretty Parlour. They didnt get many adventures as they were all groomed to perfect at all times lol.

And as a grown up - I am probably just as bad. My ponies get down for a groom and a clean but they are mostly on display. I am pretty sure they keep each other good company.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »
Awww, such cute stories, keep them coming!! :)

Sadly, I think I have lost my ability to play with ponies like I did back then in childhood. Since ive got my own pony room, where I can be in silence and on my own, I tried to do, but... when I "let my ponies talk", my own adult voice kinda scared me lol. I wasnt able to hit the best pitch for a pony-voice, everything was just too adult for my taste, so I gave it up. Sometimes though, I sit down in my room and try to remember the stories I played with my friend, all the adventures and stuff. Then Ill build up the playsets as me and my friend would have done it and place my ponies too. While looking at them, I imagine their voices and what they are saying to each other, just like back then only with the fact that I am not talking, lol. Sometimes, I just lay down there and let my memories soar... half dreaming, half awake, thinking of the times when life was light and adventurous without being so serious and hard.

Back then, I loved to play with my ponies over and over. I had a lot of toys, but my ponies were my favourites and I loved them forever. We had soo many adventures. Me and my friend played a lot together, she had ponies. We loved to play the stories from the movie and TV-series, sadly though none of us had a single pony from those films. Oh, except Baby Cuddles, lol. I remember wishing for a Flutterpony and ponies like MagicStar, WindWhistler and so on, but I never got one of these because they werent in stores in Germany. So, we used what we had. My snuggy-blanket had to be the smooze, some of our Barbies got used as Reeka and Draggle, my brush-a-loves bear was the giant spider and so on. And Skipper pretended to be Megan <3 Our adventures took place in our yard or in the woods. We built dams at the stream with the help of our ponies (Whirly even almost got lost on the tumbling waters one day). I spent hours and hours building little yards and houses for them outside. I spent days cutting cardboards to the right form to let the ponies have furniture and such. I crocheted scarfs, shoes, purses, hats and more for them and I even tried to sew them dresses. My ponies had tiny little books made by me, using paper towels or my notepad. I used all my legos to build them a car. Whenever I got a new baby pony, one of the adult had to be its mother and the baby wasnt revealed to my friends, until the pony-mother had "given birth to it". I gave them a kindergarten and a school made of cardboards, we had shows and competitions, the ponies had to sing children songs with me and ... so much more. Awww, fun times.
I took my ponies everywhere with me. At least one or two were always there in my jacket or backpack; they got to school, on bike rides, shopping tours, vacations, medical appointments... everywhere. I felt save with a pony by my side. And I still enjoy having some near by. I always will.
Today, most of my ponies are displayed, showing their true beauty. But I always have a few little scenes set up. A pony pulling the buggy, another feeding the babies. Some at the spa, another holding a cake in the kitchen... I visit them in my pony room, brush their hair and remember the times back then. Their faces make me happy and they always will.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal