collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How Would You Play With Your Ponies?  (Read 939 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
How Would You Play With Your Ponies?
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:28:51 PM »
I dont play with my ponies,
I tryed to the other day when I was alone..but it just dident feel the same as when i was a kid.
when i was 9 I had my G2 sundance was my favorite, Ivy was my second fave..tipsy tulip was My first pony ever. I had a lot of fakies a mom and 2 babies they where Tarra Purely Bootie and diper ponies, but I loved them so. my g2s where the big sisters. alwase watching the babies. I never much played with the mom.

When i got my G3s Id played a tone of difrent things with them, parties, strange adventures, spring, summer, fall and winter activities.

I stopped playing when I was around 14.
I fell into a deep depression..and that was that.

Picture is just For Laughs!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The pony still smells like Cotton Candy, its so strong that is makes the whole shelf smell like her. I sneez a lot. My kitty prob dosent like the strong smell..thats why he looks the way he dose. Evil glare..
:accomplished:

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
Re: How Would You Play With Your Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
I don't really play with mine. I don't remember how I played with them as a child either. Sometimes, now, I like to just sit and brush their hair or occasionally I may make them trot and neigh because it amuses me (& a friend came over and did the exact same thing and I felt less silly!)

I guess I don't play with my toys as such. I set my dolls up in dioramas for photos sometimes and like to change their clothes every now and then but that's about it.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »
Ponies did not exist when I was a child, I did play with Clonecommander with her's all sorts of things.  Now mostly they just talk and such.  Clone does enjoy brushing the hair.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »
I did not have enough ponies to play with them much as a child but my Barbie lived epic, soap opera lives - with Barbies constantly falling off cliffs, coming back from the dead and such.  My ponies would probably have had similar adventures because that's the type of kid I was.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »
i still play with mine.. lol i imagine that  they get paired up.  and i  dress them up for different things.  and stuff.  currently theres a party at dream castle  lol  i  also  have al my babys in front of th nursery and i often  sit thre and have them "talk" to each other.    sometiems i  do epic  scenes from movies and such lol  just depends on my mood really.

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
I don't remember how I played with them as a kid. I'm guessing they probably were played with in our barn or mud puddles.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »
When I was a kid, my ponies talked and gave my other toys rides. I had just a couple so they were more involved in different "worlds", not just MLP. Sometimes though I pretended to have the ponies on the backcard and my ponies "talked" to the pictures lol.

Now.. I don't really play with them. I clean them up, do their hair, and they take turns sitting with me during the day to keep me company. :D

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Frenzy

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »
I had the boutique, and I remember always imagining there was a huge hurricane coming, and everyone had to run for shelter in the boutique, which in reality consisted of young me shoving 5 and a half(Cool Breeze counts as half a pony in this scenario- Sorry Cool Breeze!) into the closed up boutique. Those poor things! Luckily I treat them a little better now. I also remember Bouquet was my only unicorn so she always had a Princess Celestia type role when I played with them and Starshine would deliver messages from her to the Earth ponies. Goooooood times!

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 07:53:49 PM »
As a kid I'd build a Pony village. I'd use books as walls and create outer-walls of the village and then have areas where the ponies lived and a market, I had the parlor so that was in there too. I remember the ponies would go do the parlor to get their hair done and chat. Everyone had their roles too, like Truly (rearing pose) was part of the gaurd, and Sparkler was the head of the gaurd... Sunlight did daycare... oh I had fun!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27:22 PM »
Me? Well, I didn't have ponies as a kid. I doubt if they were available here back then. Even if they were, they probably cost a fortune then.

However, nowadays I would sometimes pick my ponies up and start stroking their mane like I would stroke the back of a cat. With the plushes I'd go a little further and actually cuddle them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:13:19 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Zest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 10:02:46 PM »
I barely remember how I'd play with mine as a kid...
I had HotWheels, too, so I'd kind of mash them up and I distinctively remember having my G2 Ivy ride my hotwheels with GI Joe to fight Godzilla? Whose minions were Barbies and a Ken doll?

(... I'm so glad my parents didn't like to to say "oh that kind of toy's only for [girls/boys]!" lol :P)
* ~ * ~ * Looking for: TAF Yum Yum and Buttons and Spanish Piggies! * ~ * ~ *

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »
My pony play included my older brother, and either my friend Carrie or my friend Karen (but normally not at the same time, since Karen is my brother's age). We had tons of fun!

-Made a pony library, using little pieces of wood that we drew on to make books

-Declared some ponies "invisible-horned unicorns," so they could do magic.

-Combined ponies with Transformers - I still have the car that Chief could turn into, but we lost/sold the majority of the other bots, and I can't recall who else was who.  :wonder: Then again, Chief's car form had the exact same coloring, and most of the others didn't, so~.

-Had pony adventures where they had someone missing they had to find, or played keep-away from another pony who was too forthcoming (my Chief and Karen's Trickles were married, but Twisty Tail kept trying to break them up so she could have him - except both Four Speed and Trucker were in love with her!).

-The boy ponies were all in a band, and the duplicates we had we either their cousins, or their cousin's cousins, and they had a bands too (playing mostly Weird Al, since that's who we were lsitening to XD ).

-After a certain Taco Bell commercial came out, Tex was in a love triangle with two other ponies (can't recall who though).

-Of course we had to have the babies get their shadows stolen, along with some other ponies; we didn't have a Nightshade pony though, so we did something else for the solution (Majesty fixed that one, I think?).

-The usual baby pony mischeif, of course - especially with Milkweed and Tumbleweed.

-When Karen and I both got TAF baby Milkyway, and the forelock on mine was blue, instead of the stripe being in the normal place, we had to declare them twins and come up with a reason for the hair difference. XD

When/if I ever get my own pony room, I plan to set up all the playsets as a giant layout of pony land (though I don't know what I'll do for the Volcano of Gloom; paper mache, probably XD ) with Dream Castle, Paradise Estate and all. One corner will be Flutter Valley, another area will have the Sea ponies playing, Applejack's orchard like she had in the pilot ep, then I'll make a custom G-scale train for Steamer to conduct and the ponies ride on (has to be custom, they won't fit otherwise), and set up track to go around the layout! :silly: And since I have some of the UK ponies, I can set up the school and the kitchen, and have a smaller layout with other ponies "across the pond." It'll be so much fun!  :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap:

Don't look at me like that. :satisfied: Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional. :lol: Besides, people don't stop laughing because they grow old - they grow old because they stop laughing. :P

Edit: Oh yeah! We also made additional buildings using my brother's Lego blocks! He had (and kept!) the old pirate ship and castle sets that came out when we were kids, so Salty and Barnacle could sail around. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:07:42 PM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 12:28:38 AM »
I used to play out big grand adventures with my ponies as a kid. I had a super cool back yard at my house where I grew up so there were all sorts of different environments for my ponies to explore.
Now, I usually only play with them when I can break out my Paradise Estate. Sometimes my boyfriend plays ponies with me. Things are more "slice of life" now when I play, instead of magic and adventure. It's still fun though, for me at least. c:

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 02:03:02 AM »
I used to play with my toys lying down in bed and talk to myself as a ventriloquist for my dolls and ponies and toys :)

Offline Mysticolt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • Ponyholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 03:01:32 AM »
When I was a child my ponies would have grand adventures, often including Magic Star pulling the baby buggy with Baby Lemon Drop accompanied by other ponies and animal friends as they ran away from a blanket I drew faces on to represent the Smooze.

I would often involve other action figures etc to be the bad guys in lots of magical battles and adventures, often involving an evil sorceror wanting the unicorns to take their magic or wanting to marry the princess so he could rule the land etc...

I was always making pony castles or stables out of cardboard boxes and decorating and furnishing them and making my cousin play ponies with me even though he wouldn't have played with ponies without my influence.

When I got older, I started drawing pony comic strips about their adventures, trying to reconcile My Little Pony Tales with the earlier cartoons. My stories would only feature ponies I actually owned though. I had Bon-Bon living in the magical Ponyland with her cousin, Baby Billie who went to school in Ponyville, where Baby Sunbright had a crush on him and Bright Eyes was the teacher, but the ponies still had to fight evil from time to time.

I eventually gave all my ponies away (boy I regret that now!) so it's only within the last year that I've started collecting again with G4. I don't really play with them now, but I love setting them up in scenes with accessories and playsets and taking pictures. I've been working on customizing ponies and I'm kind of coming up with my own new storylines and headcanon for my customs, so I may start drawing out some new pony comics...
He who dies with the most Ponies wins!

My Custom Ponies on Deviantart :
http://renzoknight.deviantart.com/gallery/44346066

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal