collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stupid question eh....?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid question eh....?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:44 AM »
Personally, I think she's far from bait. I love that particular pony and would be happy to give her a home if you decide to sell her!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 08:31:07 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bumble Sweet has two faint green marks, one on the jar and on the honey dipper.                             

Kimono has a black smudge on the left lantern and the right has a bit of paint missing with a red line underneath the flower.     

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 08:39:07 AM »
If I was selling them,  I probably wouldn't list those as bait. I know some are quick to shove G3s into the bait pile while they are still plentiful, but that doesn't look like serious symbol damage. The mark on the leg of the yellow pony (sorry, I forget her name) could even be sunfaded off.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 08:40:02 AM »
I agree with the others that your Bumblesweet and Kimono are not bait.  You might try a magic eraser on the stray marks, but you should be very careful to just rub very lightly.  This would only work if the marks are "less" stuck than the actual cutie marks.

Granted they are G3, and if either of these was a Pinkie Pie.. and if you already had plans to customize her, I'd say go for it almost regardless of condition, because G3 Pinkie Pie is just so common.   Keep in mind I wouldn't say that about G1s.

Hope that helps.  Love those twoG3s in particular though.

• Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 08:49:48 AM »
@ cobalte, Bumble Sweet, the yellow and orange you where referring to with the mark on the leg is tinsel. XD

@ gabumon, I don't want to customize these as I couldn't get my heart into doing so because they are in great condition overall. Just wanted to get some input so I can get an idea of what to sell them for, seeing if either was bait or not, how little or high this would impact the selling price. 

Post Merge: February 21, 2013, 08:52:49 AM

Thanks all, for the help!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:52:49 AM by Cron Sacchariferous »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »
Normally I would consider pen-marks on a G3 symbol enough to toss the pony (unless htf) into the bait pile-

But I think from a selling standpoint- as long as your pictures are decent and you list the flaws- you should be fine.

Of course I notice that there is a least one seller on ebay that lists all of her pony lots as "bait" (even G1s in fairly good condition).

I imagine this is because there are some pony collectors that become completely unglued when they find a tiny flaw that wasn't mentioned on the auction... and nearly all G1s (unless right out of the box) have SOME kind of little marks or scuffs.  Also, it is honestly it is sometimes harder for those of us who are older to SEE some teeny tiny flaws-

So for myself, when listing a played with pony lot- I just try to take lots of pictures, describe the flaws that I see, and then explain that the ponies all seem to have various scuffs and marks (since I'm bound to miss something) so the buyer knows that the ponies are fine but have minor issues.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:03:02 AM by Galactica »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 04:17:23 PM »
I agree with Galactica...G3s hold such a low value sometimes that ones with even the most minor issues, while not technically "bait", are certainly ponies I would tend to pop in the doubles or "extras" drawer.

I dont agree with everyones opinions on what is bait and what isnt...but thats the very nature of baits - what is one persons "good" is another persons "fair" what is someones "mint" is someone elses "near mint" or "excellent". We all have different opinions of bait and where our bait limit is if you like. I know I have a low tolerance so ponies which I would happily consign to the bait or "poor" bin others may think are perfectly fixable or restorable.

You need to judge it for yourself and if selling you simply need to describe things accurately and then you wont have any issues.

I am sure you ll find homes for these girls as long as the pictures show everything thats wrong, someone will come along interested eventually.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »
I buy most of my G3's from the markets, and my bumblesweet is much the same. I have no real desire to upgrade her anytime soon, she's not really that bad.  And kimono too isn't too bad, although because of her former high value, you'll find more nice ones. I had one arrive in a lot, and I had a hard time distinguishing her from mine, which I deboxed myself brand new in '03.

As mostly a buyer, I'm all for listing ponies you're unsure of as bait, I've just recently bought a bait lot, hoping to improve my restore skills, and found that with a bath and a good hair washing, I actually got some really great ponies! But obviously, as a seller, you want to get the most for your ponies without having missed some vital flaw... it can be pretty tough!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 05:12:31 PM »
I have to agree - a G3 with stuff wrong with their cutie mark, they can probably be customized rather than restored... I'm baiting a Rainbow Flash for a similar reason, slight orange mark on her symbol... it makes her not worth reselling otherwise... meh
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »
I have to agree - a G3 with stuff wrong with their cutie mark, they can probably be customized rather than restored... I'm baiting a Rainbow Flash for a similar reason, slight orange mark on her symbol... it makes her not worth reselling otherwise... meh

Haha- almost had a heart attack when I thought you meant G4 Rainbow Flash

• Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »

I dont agree with everyones opinions on what is bait and what isnt...but thats the very nature of baits - what is one persons "good" is another persons "fair" what is someones "mint" is someone elses "near mint" or "excellent". We all have different opinions of bait and where our bait limit is if you like. I know I have a low tolerance so ponies which I would happily consign to the bait or "poor" bin others may think are perfectly fixable or restorable.

You need to judge it for yourself and if selling you simply need to describe things accurately and then you wont have any issues.

I am sure you ll find homes for these girls as long as the pictures show everything thats wrong, someone will come along interested eventually.

Very well said Hathorcat. I think this frame of mind also stands true for people who are going out of their way to buy a kind of bait. Some people will grin at what I just said but I suppose buyer, seller, artist or whatever have you, its merely just a preference and that is what separates opinions from the eye's of the beholder. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal