collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How long do the different series stay out usually?  (Read 604 times)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
How long do the different series stay out usually?
« on: February 19, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »
As I've said before I'm pretty new to monster high dolls.  And I've already spent TOO much on dolls I've seen in the stores around town.   :shocked:  Of course there are more I'd love to get but am thinking I ought to slow down some.   :blush:  But....... if they're in stores now and may not be around long .......  So how long do they usually stick around before disappearing?

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: How long do the different series stay out usually?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 09:57:55 PM »
I think they're usually out for at least a few months are so. I think it also depends on the line. When the PD dolls started coming out, they weren't really shipping out the case with Venus, Robecca, Rochelle and Abbey/SO Lagoona since they're going to be the new basics.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:13:15 PM »
It differs with each area... My area is completely sold out of the Gloom Beach and has been for months... while you seem to be able to find them (thanks btw!) I have also found (been around/come in contact with... what have you...) about 32+ catrines (I have encountered 6 cases so far... ) I havent picked them all up (though I wish I could for those who are still searching for her) I have seen Cleo's vanity and DDG FOREVER!!! Lol... Its been a few months since scaris came out and PD... and they are still pretty saturated in the area... SS hung around a bit (Not poor Gil... but everyone else) for awhile... My walmart carried it up until Dec... Kohls still has all the SS girls (except Lagoona) and they also have DT 2 and 1 Sig Rochelle and 1 Classroom Ghoulia w/ locker... I think I saw 1 sig Clawdeen... but I picked up the box and said to myself, "Cute but I dont think I want her..." I am kicking myself now... :P

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:26:19 AM »
I know older single pack versions show up at Big Lots and Walgreens.  I've seen Dead Tired and Gloom Beach at Walgreens.

faunabay

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:05:45 AM »
Specifically what brought about this question for me is I've been thinking about getting the Ghoul's Rule Abbey since christmas but haven't yet.  Now my local walmart doesn't have any left.....there's ton of the other 3 GR but no Abbey.  So I'm wondering if I should be scouring the walmarts around here to find one or if I let it go will I be sorry I didn't grab one when I pretty easily could have.

Post Merge: February 20, 2013, 08:06:22 AM

I know older single pack versions show up at Big Lots and Walgreens.  I've seen Dead Tired and Gloom Beach at Walgreens.
Yep I found a DT Cleo at the Walgreens the other day!

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »
Specifically what brought about this question for me is I've been thinking about getting the Ghoul's Rule Abbey since christmas but haven't yet.  Now my local walmart doesn't have any left.....there's ton of the other 3 GR but no Abbey.  So I'm wondering if I should be scouring the walmarts around here to find one or if I let it go will I be sorry I didn't grab one when I pretty easily could have.

Post Merge: February 20, 2013, 08:06:22 AM

Yep I found a DT Cleo at the Walgreens the other day!

There is one left at my Walmart :)

faunabay

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 03:12:10 PM »
I found a GR Abbey at a walmart I never go to.  I did some calling and a nice girl there put one aside for me until I could get there.   :angel:
But this is showing me that if I see any of these dolls in a store and I do want it I better go for it.  I'm realizing there's not a bunch of second chances when these are released. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:14:23 PM by faunabay »

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:16:10 PM »
I found a GR Abbey at a walmart I never go to.  I did some calling and a nice girl there put one aside for me until I could get there.   :angel:
But this is showing me that if I see any of these dolls in a store and I do want it I better go for it.  I'm realizing there's not a bunch of second chances when these are released.

The exclusives tend to go quickly...

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 03:24:06 PM »

Agreed. There aren't a lot of second chances. I had amazing luck with Meijer. They would have tons of old stock, but now they're all caught up with the releases. :cry: Even the Walgreens near me have RM rather than GB and DT. Same with Kohl's.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal