collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony fanfic (not just FiM)  (Read 7490 times)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony fanfic (not just FiM)
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 02:07:07 AM »
I do read a lot of fanfics, mostly G4 stories.  However, I prefer the gentler side of the genre. There are some nice stories out there, ones suitable for children, which is after all the spirit of MLP. So many of the more grown-up stories are too grimdark and the romantic stories end up being a little too*ahem* biological for my tastes.

As for previous gens, I have never really seen any, there is one I am kinda following which is mostly about flutter ponies. So I'll probably be checking out Firehooves links when I get some free time  :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 07:58:09 PM »
However, I prefer the gentler side of the genre. There are some nice stories out there, ones suitable for children, which is after all the spirit of MLP. So many of the more grown-up stories are too grimdark and the romantic stories end up being a little too*ahem* biological for my tastes.

Same here.  Are we allowed to link directly to stories?  I have a few I can recommend and would love to see your recommendations!
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »
Same here.  Are we allowed to link directly to stories?  I have a few I can recommend and would love to see your recommendations!

I some some links to my fics in my signature, so it shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and one of my stories is mostly G3, Ponyville Generations: Spike's story-

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7847581/1/Ponyville-Generations-Spike-s-story
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:30:31 PM by Firehooves »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

SeaStar777

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »
This is really awesome! I'm a writer and have never written any pony stories! Thinking about 1 now!

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
This is really awesome! I'm a writer and have never written any pony stories! Thinking about 1 now!

Good luck! I'll be sure to give any good fic a read! :) I've practically bent over backwards, and I can barely get readers :/

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »
Writing pony fics are fun because their personalities are so extreme, they're a joy to work with. Though I usually only write very short, one-shot cheer-up fics for my bf and rarely put them online haha. I think I have one or two up on AO3 but I'm far too shy to share the link.

I could probably think of a few recommendations if I thought about it. I usually only read pony fic if someone submits it to my Rarity tumblr. It's usually not a thorough reading--just checking to make sure there isn't anything adult in it. I'm interested in this generation crossover though, so I may give it a read!

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 05:20:19 AM »
I do read a lot of fanfics, mostly G4 stories.  However, I prefer the gentler side of the genre. There are some nice stories out there, ones suitable for children, which is after all the spirit of MLP. So many of the more grown-up stories are too grimdark and the romantic stories end up being a little too*ahem* biological for my tastes.
Same here...this is one of the things I like about my friend's story; it's very "in the spirit" of G1/G4 and not too "mature."

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 03:14:10 PM »
However, I prefer the gentler side of the genre. There are some nice stories out there, ones suitable for children, which is after all the spirit of MLP. So many of the more grown-up stories are too grimdark and the romantic stories end up being a little too*ahem* biological for my tastes.

Yes you can link to fan fics. However I ll take advantage here and this is directed at everyone that anything containing content which is not pg 13 appropriate  or which is hosted on a site which has non family friendly content will have its link removed.

It may sound strict but we really strive to ensure all links and content here is appropriate for all ages snd sensitivities.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »
I like reading fanfic when the author is able to capture the characters and present something new or interesting.
I used to write lots of (fan-) fiction when I was in my early-to-late teens. Not about ponies, though.

Now that I am in my mid-twenties I no longer feel the need to write fanfic. But I still enjoy writing my own stories with original characters and such.
I would love to read pony fanfic though, and I have already bookmarked a few stories you guys mentioned here :)

I think especially G1 offers many great opportunities to develop adventure story arcs!

I have to admit, all the G4 stories I have read so far have only been about Rarity or Applejack, mostly Rarity together with Applejack *coughs*
To be safe, I do not enjoy the 18+ material most G4 writers churn out. But alas, there's nothing better than a sweet pastel pony romance if I want to read something to lighten my mood or just get my daily fix of "d'awww" *g*

I usually only write very short, one-shot cheer-up fics for my bf and rarely put them online haha. I think I have one or two up on AO3 but I'm far too shy to share the link.

Would you like to PM them to me? Your fics sound just like the stuff I like to read *puppyeyes*

I write G1 fanfics and even do G1 roleplays with my friends.
I haven't posted any of my fanfics though. They're either really boring, really repetitive or grimdark.
I might write a good one that doesn't suck and upload it somewhere, but I don't see it happening soon.

G1 Grimdark... I would love to read that! Especially when it's related to the dude with the horse butt (I'm just assuming based on your username and avatar) :lol:
Tirac/Tirek(?) had so much potential as a cool and classy villain.

And dude, G1 roleplay? Like, with a real plotline and everything? It would be so nice if we could do something like this here at the Arena. I'm a roleplay n00b, but I love creating and exploring characters. It would surely be lots of fun!

Tirac

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »
I haven't posted any of my fanfics though. They're either really boring, really repetitive or grimdark.
I might write a good one that doesn't suck and upload it somewhere, but I don't see it happening soon.

G1 Grimdark... I would love to read that! Especially when it's related to the dude with the horse butt (I'm just assuming based on your username and avatar) :lol:

And dude, G1 roleplay? Like, with a real plotline and everything? It would be so nice if we could do something like this here at the Arena. I'm a roleplay n00b, but I love creating and exploring characters. It would surely be lots of fun!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I had better start uploading my stuff then because that's EXACTLY what it is about. I adore writing fanfiction about Tirac. (and that is the most official spelling there is out there.) In fact, I've even written stories with him as the PROTAGONIST. It's hard but rewarding.
Yes, a lot of potential. It's a real shame he wasn't a reoccurring villain.

Yes. I proudly say that the majority of my online life is spent in one particular RP that is an AU of the human world which is a direct sequel to RaMC. I've been in lots of G1 roleplays, usually with the same group of my friends doing the same characters and we flesh them out a lot.
The arena having G1 RP would be an AMAZING idea. I'd be in it hook, line and sinker.

Offline Firehooves

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 11:15:15 PM »

Zapper, if you want G1 dark and Tirek/Tirac, check out the first link in my signature, you won't be disappointed  :biggrin:

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 12:03:18 AM »
I usually only write very short, one-shot cheer-up fics for my bf and rarely put them online haha. I think I have one or two up on AO3 but I'm far too shy to share the link.

Would you like to PM them to me? Your fics sound just like the stuff I like to read *puppyeyes*

I PM'd you. The puppy eyes got me. :P

Wow, it would be really neat if the Arena had a section of the forum for RPs! I'd be behind that 100%.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 09:27:22 AM »
Unfortunately the Arena doesn't really loan itself towards RP, we don't have a place or way to cater to it. However, the reason we don't need to is that there are some popular RP pony sites and forums out there offering a wider platform than we ever could. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:32:06 PM by Rainbow Dash »
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 12:51:34 PM »

Zapper, if you want G1 dark and Tirek/Tirac, check out the first link in my signature, you won't be disappointed  :biggrin:

Already bookmarked :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I had better start uploading my stuff then because that's EXACTLY what it is about. I adore writing fanfiction about Tirac. (and that is the most official spelling there is out there.) In fact, I've even written stories with him as the PROTAGONIST. It's hard but rewarding.
Yes, a lot of potential. It's a real shame he wasn't a reoccurring villain.

Yes. I proudly say that the majority of my online life is spent in one particular RP that is an AU of the human world which is a direct sequel to RaMC. I've been in lots of G1 roleplays, usually with the same group of my friends doing the same characters and we flesh them out a lot.
The arena having G1 RP would be an AMAZING idea. I'd be in it hook, line and sinker.

Ever since I got back into ponies I loved RaMC! The idea of a dark centaur as the villain just clicked with me and I liked the contrast of the cute and colorful ponies to the rather creepy creature designs. Plus, his horns are kind of cute :lol:
Please feel free to contact me once your fics are available for reading! :)

Unfortunately the Arena doesn't really loan itself towards RP, we don't have a place or way to cater to it. However, the reason we don't need to is that there are some popular RP pony sites and forums out there offering a wider platform than we ever could. :)

Aw, snap! Well, the Arena is the only message board I'm currently active on. Soon I won't be having lots of spare time anymore, so I don't know if I'd join such an RP forum.
I would love to join an RP group that is a bit more casual, though! (I just can't promise to be online at certain times, since I have a lot of work to do and suffer from stupid time zones *fg*)
So, since a few people here seem to be up for G1 RP - wanna create a little RP group of our own? I'd be all over it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal