collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: please stop trying to defraud the post office  (Read 2808 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: please stop trying to defraud the post office
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 12:04:24 PM »
Stormy, you're so awesome!  I love your honesty:). 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 12:25:19 PM »
Stormy, you're so awesome!  I love your honesty:). 

Thanks!  I love being honest.  It's funny sometimes and it gets me through the day.

I also wanted to add for the OP:

I think it is hilarious for your Postman to try and charge you the extra money - AFTER the packages went parcel post/first class.  It's like, what are you paying for?  The item made it to your door via the slower shipping method - it didn't even go Priority, HAHA!

The USPS has me in stitches, LOL!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:30:44 PM by Stormy31685 »

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
sorry, I'm confused with, this problem, can somebody explain it to me? :C
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »
I've had heaps of priority boxes shipped to me inside out. Not as priority though. I'm a little confused too so these boxes are free from the PO? Then you pay to ship them priority but your not allowed to reuse them even though you pay for them to be shipped by another form & its wrapped...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:38:37 PM by Sea Breeze »
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 05:14:16 PM »
I think
I've had heaps of priority boxes shipped to me inside out. Not as priority though. I'm a little confused too so these boxes are free from the PO? Then you pay to ship them priority but your not allowed to reuse them even though you pay for them to be shipped by another form & its wrapped...

I know I think its a little silly too especially when the box is reused! I totally understand thou if the box was new and covered up thats not to fair but to reuse a box then its fair game I say!

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 06:13:16 AM »
My Post Office lady said to just reuse old boxes and use brown paper to cover them up. I have received many packages in recycled priority boxes and have NEVER had to pay extra. How is it dishonest to reuse an already used box that was paid for? I am confused. So the Post Office is against recycling? Kinda silly to be honest.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:19:02 AM by kaskurgi »

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »
I couldn't care less but (as I've reused priority boxes before, as priority boxes).
I'd an avid recycled. 

The issue the post office might have with someone wrapping it in brown paper is that they don't know the history of the box.  It could have been used once to ship priority mail but if your shipping it first class they'll assume your doing them wrong. 

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 07:47:23 AM »
sorry, I'm confused with, this problem, can somebody explain it to me? :C
For people outside of the US that are confused: The US post office has a more expensive service (priority) & a cheaper service (first class or parcel post). They give free boxes to be used for the expensive service. People are taking those free boxes with "priority" printed on the box, covering them in paper & using them for the cheaper service.

The problem: the person who started the thread was forced to pay extra to the post office because the person sending the package did this.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 08:04:58 AM »
How is it dishonest to reuse an already used box that was paid for? I am confused. So the Post Office is against recycling? Kinda silly to be honest.

As others have said, the priority boxes are free. You haven't paid for them at all. The post office doesn't want people going to a post office, grabbing a ton of free boxes, and then shipping them with cheaper shipping.

The point is that the cost to make and distribute these free boxes is factored into the cost of priority shipping. If you're not shipping priority, you're pretty much stealing those boxes without paying for them.

Of course if you're reusing a box that was already used to ship something priority than yes, the box was paid for, but there's no way for the post office to know this. It's kinda an all-or-nothing deal. Either they have to crack down on all priority boxes being used in non-priority manners, or let them all go through.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:06:33 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 09:17:51 AM »
I understand how frustrating this can be for buyers. I do not do this particular practice - I have a couple times in the past but most of my items are too fragile to go in those big boxes.

But I do wrap my parcels in brown paper when I need to - I am a big recycler of boxes and I hope just because mine are wrapped in brown paper doesn't mean they will start feeling the need to open them too.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »
But I do wrap my parcels in brown paper when I need to - I am a big recycler of boxes and I hope just because mine are wrapped in brown paper doesn't mean they will start feeling the need to open them too.

I think most priority boxes have specific sizes, and that's what they look for. (That's why some people cut the boxes to make them a different size... which is of course wrong).

:) I reuse boxes too. I have not paid for a box in a looong time.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
I've wrapped priority boxes when I can't find a box for international shipping, or even cut down and made my own box.  I never once thought I was doing something wrong.  It can be hard to find a good box because most stores around here flatten and bale theirs.  :( I'm big on recycling boxes and shipping supplies, so the small closet in our office is devoted to boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and other shipping stuff. 
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »
i've had this happen too, cept they wrap the toy in newspaper adds and now the toy is covered in print. so stupid. i complained and they said i can get a discount on my next purchase with them... yeah right.
i like to give the buyer a choice to either get a recycled box or for me to buy a new one, but the cost of the box does get added to the shipping and handling charge.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
i've had this happen too, cept they wrap the toy in newspaper adds and now the toy is covered in print. so stupid. i complained and they said i can get a discount on my next purchase with them... yeah right.
i like to give the buyer a choice to either get a recycled box or for me to buy a new one, but the cost of the box does get added to the shipping and handling charge.
I factor the cost of my boxes into the rest of my expenses.  If by some chance I don't have enough boxes to ship out my commissions or have something slightly bigger than the usual $0.40 boxes I buy, I recycle a couple from work, which is why some folks have probably received boxes from me that say "URGENT!  DELIVER TO PHARMACY!"

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2013, 02:10:26 AM »
It does sound a bit extreme doesnt it? I often recycle boxes and rarely buy the from the PO these days.  I've also made my own boxes and cut boxes down to make the right size.  And I almost always cover the box in brown paper and then tape it all up as well to make it more postie-proof . We dont have this issue in the Uk about the type of box we use thankfully.  :awake:
I recycle a couple from work, which is why some folks have probably received boxes from me that say "URGENT!  DELIVER TO PHARMACY!"

*giggles*  :lol: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal