collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pink highlighter marks?  (Read 372 times)

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Pink highlighter marks?
« on: February 16, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »
I got a couple new g1 ponies today from member here on the Arena. Including my newbie grail, Glory~ They all cleaned up very nicely. Only issue is glory has some pink highlighter type marks on her NDS. I tried magic eraser but it didn't work. I kind of don't want to try sunning her because she's already a pretty bright white and it's been cloudly for weeks.

Anybody help?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
Re: Pink highlighter marks?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »
Sun fading will be the only way to remove pink highlighter :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 03:03:41 PM »
Sun fading will remove the stains.  :)  Wrap the pony up in tinfoil  to cover symbols and hair, then stick in a sunny window and check regularly.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »
My guess on her would be stains from ponywear like saddles. You're stuck with the sun.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 03:55:09 AM »
It depends what the cause of the pink is. We use the term "pink highlighter" very loosely as unless little girls the world over were running loose with pink highlighter pens this is not what every single mark is. Also the pink highlighter is seldom where you think it would be if it had been getting used for decorative purposes by a little girl - lips as lipstick or eyes as eye shadow, its little spots or long lines on parts of a pony's body where it would make no sense for it to be.

It is therefore 1 of 2 things. A result of "saddle sores" as HavACrumpet says where other pink plastics have pressed against the pony and left pigment in the other pony. Or its a result of plastic breaking down. It is pretty common for plastics of any colour when deteriorating to start to turn shades of orange or pink or brown - depending on how the plastic is manufactured as well as the reason the plastic is breaking down - there are antioxidants in the plastic which are designed to help stop discolouration during manufacture if the plastic breaks down and looses these additives then yes over time the plastic will discolour.

Hopefully it is the former and for such plastic staining then sun fading is the only option. If the sun fading doesnt work then unfortunately it is a result of plastic breakdown and its not something we can reverse.

Good luck :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Clarabel Sapphire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 04:26:30 AM »
Sorry to butt in, but I have similar problems with Butterscotch.  I stored her wearing her Gymkhana set saddle and bridle and she's covered in pink marks  :cry:

Would sunfading work on this many stains?  :-

Offline baby_gusty

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 05:15:27 AM »
Edit because somehow my reply got in the wrong topic... sorry!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:37:43 AM by baby_gusty »

Thank you specialk070581 for puffyavatar
My Wantlist               Looking for Spain Baby Gusty and Baby Gustys Puffysticker

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 05:22:17 AM »
Oh, kids and markers... *shudder*

Sorry, DreamLight, but sun's the best for those nefarious markery stains.  My Princess Tiffany had lurid pink highlighter lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow (:doh:), but a couple weeks of selective sun faded them right out. ^.^

And I'm not sure for pony vinyl, but I know I've managed to sunburn on a cloudy day before (:rolleyes:), so it may be that muted sun could still help...

Either way, do take before-and-after pics... we :heart: seeing how ponies get all prettied up - now that we're all old enough to not attack them with markers, that is! :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »
Alright I give she'll start her treatment today. One more question Glory has what seem to be symbol bleed. I've ever hear of this but there is a purple mark right next to her symbol. Is it possible to sunfade that too?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 12:28:07 PM »
Alright I give she'll start her treatment today. One more question Glory has what seem to be symbol bleed. I've ever hear of this but there is a purple mark right next to her symbol. Is it possible to sunfade that too?

It depends what the purple mark actually is - it would be odd for it to be a symbol bleed as there is no paint on her and its more likely to rust than stain. Do you have a picture?

Sorry to butt in, but I have similar problems with Butterscotch.  I stored her wearing her Gymkhana set saddle and bridle and she's covered in pink marks  :cry:

Would sunfading work on this many stains?  :-

Yes sun fading is your only bet for Butterscotch unfortunately - sweating plastic is notorious for leaching pigment and really gets into the pores of other plastics.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal