collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ok, I've had enough!  (Read 975 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, I've had enough!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »
I actually have more Twilight Sparkles than Pinkies XD Unless we're counting G3 Pinkie too, then I have more Pinkies :silly:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 04:22:43 PM »
Hey, I'm not saying Pinky's ruining my day or anything, I actually really like her funky self on the show! I'm just saying that although the toys are for the *cough* kids, we're the one who buy them! Give us some variety and quit treating us like cud-chewing cattle! Even cows know you can only chew something 2 maybe 3 times before it's time to go on to the next bite full!

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 04:33:28 PM »
I know that hasbro will continue to rehash the mane 6... It's an inevitable fate. But you can quit pairing up Pinkie and Rainbow Dash with things! Why not give another of the mane 6 the spotlight for a while, like Fluttershy and Applejack for example.

And I do hope Hasbro decides to re-release a Fashion Style Applejack, I joined into collecting a year too late and I didn't even see her :(

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 04:55:15 PM »
I'm tired of re-releases in general. Even the "brony favorites" are turning into a second main six. I want new, original characters.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 08:22:41 PM »
I wish they would have the same kind of creativity in the brushables as the blind bags. Even when they release brushables that aren't the Mane 6 (or the Princesses) they are still just recolors of the Mane 6 (or the Princesses). The thing that was great about G3 was they had things like the Divine Shines, long haired, and gemstone symbols. For a while it looked like they were getting better with releasing new stuff with the Crystal Motion and the tinsel hairs but then Toy Fair showed a step backwards with ponies that just looked like the previous waves but with masks and only one lone motion Alicorn Sparkle.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
I'm going to continue to grow my Pinkie army simply because it's already pretty big. I think I have 14 standard size brushables now.

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »
I had to check the date of this thread. I thought it was bumped from 2003! LOL

After 10 years Hasbro is still pushing Pinkie.

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »
I have always wanted to start a thread like this but was afraid of getting into trouble! I am so sick of seeing PP in every set that comes out. Even the new plushes that are coming have to have her. Can't they do anything without having to put her in it?

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 09:19:30 PM »
I have always wanted to start a thread like this but was afraid of getting into trouble! I am so sick of seeing PP in every set that comes out. Even the new plushes that are coming have to have her. Can't they do anything without having to put her in it?

Getting in trouble sometimes gets things done (Boston Tea Party, Civil War, Louis Riel here in Canada) If we want change we can't be afraid to ask for it! Bring on the lovely Minty, a new Mimic mimic, something new! Candy Corn, Flower Power, Hummingbird Hum! Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission! Lol

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »
I'm tired of all the main six, honestly.

But Pinkie Pie steals all the merchandise. Seriously. Can't hardly find anything without Pinkie exclusively featured on it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 09:31:26 PM »
XD I would of LOOOOVED a pony in a car as a kid. And the train...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »
I think Hasbro has sort of painted themselves into a corner with the Mane 6.  Their great character development made the show a hit, and that made the toy line a hit.  But if your whole show and toy line are focused around a small number of characters, then there's a limit to what you can do with them, and how many slightly different versions of them you can make before fans get bored.  The genius of MLP has always been their variety and collectability:  change the hair and body colors, change the symbols and molds and names, change the special features like tinsel and glitter and 3D symbols, and you can create thousands of different ponies for collectors to go after.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:10:54 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »
I think Hasbro has sort of painted themselves into a corner with the Mane 6.  Their great character development made the show a hit, and that made the toy line a hit.  But if your whole show and toy line are focused around a small number of characters, then there's a limit to what you can do with them, and how many slightly different versions of them you can make before fans get bored.  The genius of MLP has always been their variety and collectivity:  change the hair and body colors, change the symbols and molds and names, change the special features like tinsel and glitter and 3D symbols, and you can create thousands of different ponies for collectors to go after.

I wish they would at least change the special features more. Or when they do have a special feature not leave out half the cast.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 10:48:12 PM »
I'm still sick of Pinkie (and Rainbow Dash, for that matter) from the g3 line!  :P
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 08:39:28 AM »
I had to check the date of this thread. I thought it was bumped from 2003! LOL

After 10 years Hasbro is still pushing Pinkie.

Lol this! ^

As for too many Pinkies...I love Pinkie and I have no problem with her turning up with regularity although perhaps not as much as we are currently seeing. Personally I dont think Pinkie is any more prevalent than Twilight or Dash - they are clearly the key selling characters. The line is currently disappointing due to all of the main 6 just continually being released again and again. Alas, a core set of characters has both done Hasbro a wonder in the cartoon and, for me, a disservice in the toy line. But we are not and never will be the central purchase market of the toys and for Hasbro a constant release of the same characters must work for them I guess. :(

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal