collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MH birthday gifts!  (Read 290 times)

operaghost

• Trade Count: (0)
MH birthday gifts!
« on: February 15, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »
Yesterday was my birthday, and I got some new Monster High goodies!

First of all, I got Skelita! I've liked her since I first saw her picture. She's very pretty, and I love her outfit. Question though- is the clear plastic piece under her dress meant to be removed? It seems like it's there to give her body shape, but I wasn't sure.

Secondly, since I'm a "die-hard" ( ha ha  :lol:) Spectra fan, I got Spectra's fashion pack. I love her new outfit. I have Picture Day Spectra, and I like that her original outfit and my new one have such different looks. Actually, although I really love the outfit she came in, I prefer the fashion pack outfit on her, because her original leggings cover up the fade-to-transparent effect on her legs. 

So, it was a pretty good birthday!  :biggrin:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:09:08 AM by operaghost »

jupiternwndrlnd

Re: MH birthday gifts!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »
congrats! happy birthday :D

empirical

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 12:57:01 PM »
i removed my plastic piece. i love the way her clothes are kind of baggy. the dolls are already super skinny so removing the plastic really doesn't make as big a difference as one would think. i also love that she is a bit too thin for her stand. it allowed me to to put her in a sort of relaxed leaning pose.

and congrats of the spectra finds. she's my favorite as well. while i prefer the head mold from her sig. release, the new head mold is also super beautiful.

operaghost

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 02:19:49 PM »
i removed my plastic piece. i love the way her clothes are kind of baggy. the dolls are already super skinny so removing the plastic really doesn't make as big a difference as one would think. i also love that she is a bit too thin for her stand. it allowed me to to put her in a sort of relaxed leaning pose.

and congrats of the spectra finds. she's my favorite as well. while i prefer the head mold from her sig. release, the new head mold is also super beautiful.

I think I got into the game a little too late to get the signature Spectra doll. I haven't seen her in any stores. I chose Picture Day Spectra over Dot Dead Gorgeous, because her make-up looked the most like the signature doll's. I hope to get Ghoul's Alive Spectra soon, hopefully.

suicidemilk23

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:55:39 AM »
I'm not sure why, but in my area there are a lot of licensed Mattel dealers and they still sell basic spectra for $35 plus tax. Which isn't ideal, but it beats Amazon/eBay prices.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal