collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Are Your Favourite Uplifting/Heart Warming Movies?  (Read 3080 times)

berylliumpone

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What Are Your Favourite Uplifting/Heart Warming Movies?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 09:15:11 PM »

Muriel's Wedding - in some ways this is an incredibly sad and painful movie but the ending is beautiful and so is Muriel's transformation from a woman cowed by her father's degradations and who completely hates herself and her life to one who is finally comfortable in herself is uplifting to me. And once again the value and power of friendship isn't underestimated.

Yes! I was going to say this too! I LOVE this movie...It's probably one of my favorites of all time. Toni Collette, man...She did an amazing job! Her transformation really is realistic and inspiring.

Other movies I find heart-warming:
Lilo and Stitch: I know this was mentioned before, but I love this movie so much. The relationships between Lilo and Nani and Lilo and Stitch are so powerful combined with the beautiful animation, setting, and music. It's one of my little brother's favorites, so I've seen it like five times within the past week...and I cried every time. "Aloha 'Oe" gets me every time.

Up: This movie isn't quite as popular as a lot of other Disney films (and even my mom told me she hated it), but what other movie can get you to tears within the first half hour? And I love the ending :) (besides Lorenzo, which seems to end happily, but it's a true story so it doesn't :(  )

Tarzan: Phil Collins doing the music, plus some awesome characters? That's certainly a formula for greatness. Another tragic beginning that turns into a happy ending :)

Wow, tons of Disney but here's one more:

The Lion King: 'nuff said. The circle of life is a great lesson to teach kids.

Post Merge: February 26, 2013, 09:23:20 PM

:(
Pocahontas: she is not the most popular Disney princess but I love her so much. She inspired my deep love for native American culture at a very young age. Her love for adventure is wonderful and I find her curiosity refreshing. This is all not including the second movie. Lol

Sorry if this merges and turns my post and turns it into a MONSTER-post!
I actually wasn't a fan of Pocahontas when I was a little girl (I wanted to be a mermaid! XD) but now I simply adore the movie. Oh, man the feelings that come from the reprise of Savages...And I love how flowy her hair is!  ^.^
We shall not remember the sequal though...Sidney's attempt at making it "historically accurate" failed and they only got one fact right... :/

Post Merge: February 26, 2013, 09:26:21 PM

Sorry for the long post, but...
*Disney (not Sidney) :/  *grumble grumble* autocorrected *grumble*
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:26:21 PM by berylliumpone »

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »
A Little Princess (1995).  Great movie with beautiful music.  I love it!

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »
One of my all time faves is Love Actually.  I just love how the little stories all mesh together at the end (also CHRISTMASSY MOVIE!!).  I love Lilo and Stitch too, just as berylliumpone said, the relationships between Lilo and her sister and Stitch are lovely and that song at the end always has me in tears! The Original Incredible Journey (they re-released it as Homeward Bound later) is so heartwarming especially the bit at the end where the old dog comes bounding over the hill  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I am tearing up remembering it!!

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 02:54:35 AM »

Muriel's Wedding - in some ways this is an incredibly sad and painful movie but the ending is beautiful and so is Muriel's transformation from a woman cowed by her father's degradations and who completely hates herself and her life to one who is finally comfortable in herself is uplifting to me. And once again the value and power of friendship isn't underestimated.

Yes! I was going to say this too! I LOVE this movie...It's probably one of my favorites of all time. Toni Collette, man...She did an amazing job! Her transformation really is realistic and inspiring.

Yay! I'm glad to find another fan on here :D
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
I love the Princess Bride, smooshy mooshy love story always makes me happy!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Clarabel Sapphire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »
One of my all time faves is Love Actually.  I just love how the little stories all mesh together at the end (also CHRISTMASSY MOVIE!!). 

I love this film too, have lost count of how many times I've seen it now  :blush:  Other feel-good favourites are Pretty Woman, The Full Monty and Dolphin Tale along with my childhood favourite, The Black Stallion.  Beautiful horse and a wonderful story by Walter Farley.  :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal