collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko ponies translucent exclusives?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline megaroundtheworld

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Funko ponies translucent exclusives?
« on: February 13, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »
Hi dunno if this has been posted yet but 1 out of 24 dr hooves and fluttershys will be a translucent variant??

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko ponies translucent exclusives?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »
Yeah, that's what they say! I'm also not sure if that is only if you pre-order or buy off their site, or if they will sell translucent variants in stores, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 03:08:28 PM »
Aw, that kinda sucks. Didn't know they were variants. Well, I hope they're sold in stores, or else I would end up risking getting doubles online, which I really don't want to do.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
Yeah- the translucents are "chase" figures- which I think Funko does regularly.  I ordered a bunch figuring I can sell the rest off somehow... hopefully... at a discount.   There seem to be many who don't want the translucent figures after all.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Funko ponies translucent exclusives?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 04:00:26 PM »
Yeah- the translucents are "chase" figures- which I think Funko does regularly.  I ordered a bunch figuring I can sell the rest off somehow... hopefully... at a discount.   There seem to be many who don't want the translucent figures after all.

I hope you are right about people not wanting the chase figures because I really want a chance to find them and am afraid it's going to be really difficult but I suppose not wanting them probably won't stop many people from nabbing them up and selling at exorbitant prices on eBay. I hope I can find one of each so badly. I plan on stalking hot topic later this month. XD

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:03:40 PM »
Well unfortunately- you are probably right.  While generally people like the regular colored ponies better-  people naturally want the rare thing more, so I'm sure that the translucent ponies WILL be high in demand. 

For this reason- and because the packaging shows what pony is in it- I think it very unlikely we will be able to pick the chase figures up at Hot Topic itself (vs. ordering).  Just my theory though.  Not sure how Funko has handled chase figures in the past-  just know that they have them.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
Chase variants will be available for those who pre-order only. You will not be able to find them in stores once the figures have released. It's a way to boost sales by getting people to order a bunch of them to try for the chase. Also, the more that are ordered, the more they'll make of the chase since it's 1/24.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:16:42 PM »
Oh that is good to know- (I didn't)

I didn't order 24 (can you imagine that many coming to my office? lol)  but the sale prompted me to order a big pile-  I am going to be seriously bummed if I don't get either of the chase figures. I bet ebay will be selling them right off the bat for $75.  :*(

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »

I didn't order 24 (can you imagine that many coming to my office? lol)  but the sale prompted me to order a big pile-  I am going to be seriously bummed if I don't get either of the chase figures. I bet ebay will be selling them right off the bat for $75.  :*(

If they do start out that high, wait. Chase variants are rare and should ultimately cost more, but I can get a nice proto for $75. Chase variants just aren't worth that much.

Ai from Aurora

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »

If they do start out that high, wait. Chase variants are rare and should ultimately cost more, but I can get a nice proto for $75. Chase variants just aren't worth that much.

Can you really??  I never saw the Funko prototypes on Taobao- and while I do have the prototypes of all the Funkos now- they did not cost $75... 

I would definitely buy the clear protos from you for $75!!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
Can you really??  I never saw the Funko prototypes on Taobao- and while I do have the prototypes of all the Funkos now- they did not cost $75... 

I would definitely buy the clear protos from you for $75!!

Color protos on Gemini Collectibles are $75. The white ones are $125. The clear ones may run a bit higher, but I haven't seen them. ^_^ I don't check Taobao myself, so I don't know what's there and what those prices are running.

Ai from Aurora

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »
Oh - Gemini-

Actually- Gemini charges $75 only for its Funko pop protos-  for the big vinyl figures the price is $125- regardless of colored or white version.  They charge $300 for unproduced prototypes, and more for special hand-painted pieces. (I've bought from them before).

Found some info on Funko protos in general and on the Chase pieces. http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/FunkoFrequentlyAskedQuestions.htm  Sounds to me like the chase figures WILL be randomly available at the storefronts.  Go figure.

Post Merge: February 13, 2013, 04:56:31 PM

Hey- but I DID just notice that Gemini sells the chase figures directly for only about 50% mark-up from the original price!  So once the Hot Topic exclusivity thing runs out-  chances are that they will have them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:56:31 PM by Galactica »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 02:14:10 AM »
Yes these vinyls are packed in cases of 24 and every case is going to contain one chase - in this case the chase is transparent plastic. Also in Dr Whooves case half the regular release will have a red bow tie and the other half will have a green bow tie.

Funko chase pieces normally do turn up in stores as Galatica says; although I know from a friends experience that just because a store orders a full pack dont be surprised if the chase hits the shelf and then vanishes incredibly fast to scalpers, staff or collectors who know a stores delivery schedule. Chases can come in all manner of different ways - sometimes one chase to a pack and sometimes even limited to a specific small number of chases over the total run in which case these are packed randomly. Its not so much to increase sales of pre orders because if Funko wanted to make more money they could simply have made a smaller run of a chase and sell it by itself for an inflated price in comparison to the regular item.

Funko is by its very nature a massive "collectable" item with a huge collecting community and chases exist in for the thrill of the hunt - its up to collectors to "chase" the items down.

However all that being said I think the chases will be hard to find in stores as a store is only guaranteed one if they get in a complete case. While with Hot Topic and Barnes & Noble and other larger, national retailers I think its probably likely most stores will get at least 1 pack, I wouldnt be as assured that smaller retailers who end up carrying the product would necessarily be ordering by the case. 48 MLP Funko figures could be a lot for a small comic book store to sell. Also its not just pony collectors who are going to be on the look out for these but Funko collectors too.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 05:10:20 AM »
I would love to get a transparent one!!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 05:11:11 AM »
I'm not a fan of the translucent figures, I just don't think I'd like them too much, but I did pre-order both.  If I get a translucent, it will probably be Dr. Whooves because I hit him first thing, but waited for Fluttershy so hopefully I'll get colored rather... Anyway if I do happen to get a translucent I'll try selling it on here for a couple dollars lower price rather, because I know how much it sux to want something but only find it on eBay for triple the price.. 10 more days and we should be getting them in :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal