collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Did It!! Magical Angel "Larkin" Restrung :D  (Read 849 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
I Did It!! Magical Angel "Larkin" Restrung :D
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:13:54 PM »
So, it took me weeks and weeks to finally get up the gumption to restring my poor guy (he arrived to me very tightly strung with broken calves/shins D: ) and I have to say; that wasn't so bad. :)
  I read tutorials. I watched tutorials on youtube. I played around with a completely unstrung "junk" doll to get familiar. Then I prayed and got to it.

Here he is with his poor broken little body, patiently waiting for me to get the nerve up. Soooo patient.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here he is all disassembled and being UV protected. I was quite shocked at how very strongly I felt about him being in pieces. It really, really bugged me. He was taken apart for less than one week and with my schedule that really is saying something. I am slow as molasses in the studio, but not this time! XD

It was a great learning experience; for instance, MA has smaller 'tubing' for their SD sized dolls, the size of regular drinking straws, and not boba straw size. XD My eldest boy made me a nifty restringing tool that was too large. -_- Which also brings me to another great lesson learned; ribbon makes for a great restringing tool when you are in a pinch!

Everything went well except that I also learned that three hands are absolutely Invaluable!!! I chipped my poor boy with my hemostats getting him restrung. Owwee!!

But, honestly it was a small price to pay for what I got out of the entire experience. And now my boy has whole shins and I won't freak out if the sun touches him. :P

Such a beautiful boy! I bonded with him so much during this process. I can't recommend restringing enough if you have the confidence to do it. I'm almost looking forward to the next restringing..... Almost. :)

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Re: I Did It!! Magical Angel "Larkin" Restrung :D
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »
He looks amazing!! I'm so proud of you.

Alicat

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:39 PM »
yay Cherry!!
I think I will wait till I see you in the fall to attempt, lol!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
Yay!  Great job...I was the same way with my first restringing, but once she was done I did three more of my dolls as soon as I could get elastic.  Now I really like stringing them and glue-sueding them.  I always get excited after I do a little dolly maintenance, lol.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 05:24:18 AM »
Oh great job! Maybe I will finally have the courage to restring my two Hujoo Freyas.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »
He looks amazing!! I'm so proud of you.

Thank you, Hunny!! For everything you've done to encourage me in this wonderful world of dolls!!! :lovey:

yay Cherry!!
I think I will wait till I see you in the fall to attempt, lol!

LOL I'd be more than happy to help you restring one of your babies if any of them need it! :D It's like an adventure!

Yay!  Great job...I was the same way with my first restringing, but once she was done I did three more of my dolls as soon as I could get elastic.  Now I really like stringing them and glue-sueding them.  I always get excited after I do a little dolly maintenance, lol.

Yeah, I was sooo nervous about it and when I got done, I was like, "What was I so afraid of?!" hee hee
  Ooooh, I haven't tried hot-glue sueding, but I think my little Lallah may be on the table soon; she is just soo hard to pose! :huh: I love hot glue! LOL

Oh great job! Maybe I will finally have the courage to restring my two Hujoo Freyas.

Thanks, Sugarcube! ^.^
  You have two freyas?! Are they twins by any chance? If they need it you should have a friend "hold your hand" and just do it! :happy: Research pumped up my confidence level just enough so that I knew what to expect (more or less; dang the MA dolls have odd feet! XD ) and it was so gratifying to know that I was finally actually fixing up my Larkin! :P

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal