collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Antro Ponies... For Real?  (Read 6882 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Antro Ponies... For Real?
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »
It seems like it is a spin-off. There is still official Season 4, with ponies only AND there is this antro-stuff-something-else.
I don't know how official is the image. The magazines were on the Toy Fair for real: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGid7Moeu6k&feature=player_embedded&noredirect=1
@.@ camera keeps moving... can't read it.

either way i think it sounds like fun. curious to see what they do with it.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »
Wow.....reading this just made me throw up in my mouth a little. What's the point of MLP if they aren't ponies?
yes i nearly chocked on my morning coffee,
is this april fools so early ha ha jokes on us. no its true. :(

what a turn of, if they go through with this i swear i will sell my whole entire G4 collection :sad:
heads up everybody  will trade for other gens

Post Merge: February 13, 2013, 01:54:47 PM

*eats popcorn* This is what I missed about being active in pokemon fandom, the amount of blatant lies that would crop up.

EDIT: To further elaborate, I have seen some verrrry nice fake magazine pages in pokemon fandom. Including ones that were even in Japanese.
This.
Pokemon has had a crazy amount of hoaxes, and taught me to just sit back and be patient.  The truth always comes out in time, so it's best to not jump to premature reactions.

oh crossing fingers hopes its a hoaxes

Why would you want to sell off your entire collection just because a toy company wants to expand and make a new toy line?  Just curious as I was a little confused.

I think its interesting if it is true.  I find things that toy companies do to compete with each other very fascinating.  Not sure how it would do or if it would sell on shelves, but its not a sin for them to expand their toys and come up with something new.  Its not like they are shelving MLP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »
God, I hope this is fake.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2013, 05:59:40 PM »
This looks like it could be fun. :)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »

Offline Azteca

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I like birbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
I really dont like this idea  :huh:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »
I'm interested and curious, and I'm not worrying at all about this affecting the main series, however, I am concerned that if those designs are real, they feel really generic and don't fit the characters very well. Having ALL of the characters wearing knee high boots and short skirts is ridiculous, even more so when you actually consider what some of the characters are like. I guess it works okay for Rarity, but Applejack?

This looks like the kind of show Faust didn't want MLP to be.

I agree.  These designs are pathetic and lazy, and they don't remind me of the characters much.  Why do they ALL have to have knee-high boots and stupid mini-skirts?

Also, I don't think these are anthro, if by anthro you mean an animal character with human features.  They don't have pony ears, horns, wings, tails or anything like that.  They are just weird, pastel-colored humans.  If these are anthros, isn't everyone on the cartoon Doug anthro too?

I don't particularly like the idea of My Little Humans, and I like it less since these designs are so poor and uninspired.  I might actually be interested if hasbro had gotten Lauren Faust to design the human versions of the characters.  It would have made the two projects seem a little more cohesive, and the characters would have looked about 3000% better, too.

Please, please, please, at least let the artwork be fake.

Isn't the Equestria Girls IP also supposed to appeal to "teenage and older" girls?  This is going to interest the same exact audience that MLP: FiM already has:  little girls.  I just can't see the average teenager getting excited about a show and/or toys about little pastel human girls. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:24:12 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »
I dont know if these are legit or not, but if there are human forms of the ponies maybe its for the Japanese release of the cartoon series? I know they are making a complete different series for them over there.. I don't know how I feel about this, but it will be interesting if this does happen

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
When I first heard of this, I planned on quietly ignoring it...It'll be a spinoff, with it's own brandname, not My Little x. But then I realized that means they're gonna be making dolls...so now I'm super excited!!! Cannot wait! I'm a huge Monster High fan, and would love dolls of the FiM characters :D

I'm guessing the show will be short webisodes, though. My guess is that they won't be full 20-minute long episodes. But that's just a guess.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »
I think that this is an amazing marketing move. Hasbro and Mattel are sworn enemies, Mattel has clear reign in regards to doll products, and Hasbro wants a piece of that pie. Perhaps they are somehow gunning for a Monster High-sized portion.

I am interested to see what happens.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2013, 07:22:30 PM »
If it's fake, someone went to A LOT of trouble to put that magazine together.  "kidscreen" is an actual magazine, but the issue they refer to is not online yet.

Although I can not confirm the image is real...I in fact just opened my sealed copy of Kidscreen and the quote is in fact right there. We can always hope it gets canceled bfore it airs ;p, but I will reserve my final judgement until I see the finished products.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:29:57 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2013, 07:36:55 PM »
So at least the art isn't part of the article? That's a relief. So maybe these are just fan speculation (like the fan evolutions of the starters for Pokemon X and Y) on what they will look like and the real designs will be much better. Those girls looked a little young to be in high school to me anyways.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
... Watch, the dolls and toys will be 100% show accurate!  XD

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2013, 07:45:38 PM »
Also, I don't think these are anthro, if by anthro you mean an animal character with human features.  They don't have pony ears, horns, wings, tails or anything like that. 

Indeed, you are right. I should have used "humanized" or something like that o.o Antro (ehe, totally forgot the H due to my 1st language =o.o=), anthropomorphic, is really not the case in the presented designs.
^_^

I don't understand why they kept the skin color like coat color. Will the humans have random skin colors? Because if the "ponies" will not "blend" in (with the rest of the school students) at all, why not keep them as ponies?
But yet again, not sure how official is the art presented.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:42 PM »
When FiM came out I was really impressed as under the 'girly' kid show veneer, there was a show about smart girls who didn't all want to be pretty and get the boy, they wanted to know ALL the things (Hi Twilight!), kick butt and save the world. These are qualities we should encourage in everyone, little boys and girls alike.

No offense to fans of Monster High and the like, but I don't get that vibe from those kind of characters. Taking FiM in that direction seems to be a violation of all the values these characters stand for. Like others have said, why are they using these characters instead of making brand new ones? They're PONIES, for crying out loud!

This is all conjecture of course, seeing as this may not be true at all. If it is though, I'll be rather saddened.

I however don't see why the ponies have to become human (even in a spinoff), and wear miniskirts. I guess it's the feminist in me going 'NOOOOO WHHHHHYYYY'.

It isn't mutually exclusive for the characters to wear miniskirts and still be their awesome smart selves who want to know all the things and kick butt and save the world :) That said, I totally get that miniskirts don't suit them all personality-wise. But it does look like that RD has shorts under hers, which is super cute. And I would be very sad too if it DID turn into only Being Pretty and Getting Boys--but MH actually isn't like that, and that makes me hope that Hasbro would know enough not to do that either even though these are "fashion dolls."

Anyway, yeah, glad the article is legit, and hopefully their source is too. But who knows if that lone picture is real at all--could be the actual look is entirely different. Just have to wait and see, but I'm excited!

Also, I don't think these are anthro, if by anthro you mean an animal character with human features.  They don't have pony ears, horns, wings, tails or anything like that. 

Indeed, you are right. I should have used "humanized" or something like that o.o Antro (ehe, totally forgot the H due to my 1st language =o.o=), anthropomorphic, is really not the case in the presented designs.
^_^

I don't understand why they kept the skin color like coat color. Will the humans have random skin colors? Because if the "ponies" will not "blend" in (with the rest of the school students) at all, why not keep them as ponies?
But yet again, not sure how official is the art presented.

Yeah, if they're really like that, they're certainly not going to blend in!  :lol: Maybe they're not supposed to. I think it's super cute if they do keep their pony colours as their skin colours, though.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:03:57 PM by Zombelina »
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal