collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Puzzle People?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Puzzle People?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:11:59 PM »
I love puzzles! I have boxes and boxes of them patiently waiting for the day they will be sealed so I can hang them up to display. University Games mystery puzzles were some of my favourites to do. The Sherlock one hooked me in, being a huge Sherlock fan as well.  Basically you read a mystery, put together the puzzle (which you don't know what it will look like - it is different than the image on the box) And then you look at the puzzles for clues to see if you can solve the mystery.

http://www.amazon.ca/University-Games-Sherlock-Holmes-Mystery/dp/B003G9MAM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360728480&sr=8-1

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:20 PM »
I don't like to seal them, but I've framed them without sealing them. My older sister sealed some puzzles we had as a child so I never got to play with them again :(

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 11:46:54 PM »
University Games mystery puzzles were some of my favourites to do. The Sherlock one hooked me in, being a huge Sherlock fan as well.  Basically you read a mystery, put together the puzzle (which you don't know what it will look like - it is different than the image on the box) And then you look at the puzzles for clues to see if you can solve the mystery.

http://www.amazon.ca/University-Games-Sherlock-Holmes-Mystery/dp/B003G9MAM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360728480&sr=8-1

Okay, those are awesome. And I totally just found the Hitchcock one on eBay and bought it :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 05:17:28 AM »
I love puzzles. Right now I'm doing a beautiful one made of Victoria Frances, http://www.babylonhobbies.com/ebay/pictures/HEY_29259_1.jpg I love it but the different shades of white and grey is driving me bonkers. In lamplight it looks like the same, but in daylight you see all the pink and blue and purple and beige and brown, making me able to only lay it a few hours a day.

For you not having space for it. Buy a puzzlemat! Best buy ever for a puzzle. You can sit on the floor and just move it when you're finnished for the day :) http://woman.ipcshop.co.uk/images/CustomImages/5374_H61029%20Roll-Up%20Puzzle%20Mat.jpg

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 07:35:41 AM »
I have been meaning to buy a puzzle mat. I will have to see if there's one big enough to fit my manatee puzzle. I really want to do that puzzle and frame it.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:18 AM »
I admire people who like puzzles. I just can't get into them and wish I did like them. My parents always loved them. I just don't have the ability to focus on something like that for long enough to see it through. I get really bored really quick. LOL 

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 09:41:48 AM »
We really enjoying puzzles - we have a few of those 11-puzzle packs from Walmart. We just need to get an extra table - we always use the only one we have, then we can't use it for anything else!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 10:08:20 AM »
We love puzzles. We buy them locally in Boulder. The wood puzzles are amazing and will last forever. And they have tiny shapes and figures in them as well. We have quite a few of these- http://www.libertypuzzles.com/

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »
We love puzzles. We buy them locally in Boulder. The wood puzzles are amazing and will last forever. And they have tiny shapes and figures in them as well. We have quite a few of these- http://www.libertypuzzles.com/

Whoa! Those Liberty puzzles are gorgeous! I am so putting those on my must-have puzzle list.

We really enjoying puzzles - we have a few of those 11-puzzle packs from Walmart. We just need to get an extra table - we always use the only one we have, then we can't use it for anything else!

LOL! I hear that! We had to buy a second table for my puzzles. I just bought a folding card table from Walmart. They're inexpensive and big enough for most puzzles to fit on. My shaped puzzles are the only ones so far that have been too big for my table.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »
I have two giant storage shelf units chock full of puzzles.  :P  Mostly, I have ones of cats, birds, and undersea scenes.  The shaped ones are among my favorites, but I also really love Puzz 3D.  http://www.puzz3d.org/puzzles.asp (Other brands of 3D puzzles are just not the same.) 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »
Oh Puzz 3-D are awesome!!!! And their CS is amazing - I used to write to them as a kid if my puzzle was missing a piece or had a duplicate. I would send back the extra pieces, and would request the missing piece - and I always got the right one, with a nice letter apologizing for the mess up. And it pretty quick turn-around too. :)

Shaped puzzles are always fun!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal