collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gil woes  (Read 700 times)

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Gil woes
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 10:30:42 PM »
From what I have been told by the local TRU's I missed him by a mere month or 2... One guy I was talking to said oh yea... I remember stocking like 12 of him a couple of months ago...  :rant:  Then I could have gotten him A LOT cheaper...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »
From what I have been told by the local TRU's I missed him by a mere month or 2... One guy I was talking to said oh yea... I remember stocking like 12 of him a couple of months ago...  :rant:  Then I could have gotten him A LOT cheaper...

Maybe not though- I was watching on a very regular basis when he was supposed to come back in- and never saw a one.  Maybe they stocked 12, but chances are a scalper scooped them all up pretty quick.  I don't think Gil was like the other boys, laying around and going on clearance.   

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »

I'd love a Gil new in box!! 

My Gil was a second hand purchase.  I never once saw him in the stores ( I don't know if I was collecting them when he came out).  This girl listed her whole collection and I couldn't resist. 

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »
Never even saw one on the shelf. :( So I'm hoping for a signature release, too, because I just can't justify Taobao/eBay prices for a playline doll.  (Best wishes to those who go after them, though- the more that go into collector hands the less there are for the scalpers.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
I am in shock. I wish I would have picked up the one that was sitting on the shelf at my local store for over a month. (It was $18 and I was protesting the price!) I know better now. Live and learn! (then cry!) lol

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »
I got my first Gil from Hannaliten when he first came out and in between then I saw TWO in stores. One was a justice when I was Christmas shopping and one was -my- Wal-Mart...and I put him back because I thought I'd get him in a few weeks, then he suddenly poofed and I baaaaarely managed to catch one second hand on LJ >.< I still kick myself for putting back the one in Wal-Mart. NEVER AGAIN! Well, not if I only got one. :\

the thing that ticked me off most was the draculaura they replaced him with sat around FOREVER on the shelves for MONTHS before the christmas rush

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal