collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Theory on the new orange pony  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
Theory on the new orange pony
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »
Ok, so I'm sure most of us have seen the new brushable from the toy fair images of the orange pony in the mask. Just been having  another look over the pictures and was thinking that maybe, she's a new 'mane six' esque pony. Now feel free to let me know what you think, but with twilight becoming a princess and an alicorn surely that is going to take her out of ponyville even if it's just for an ep or two. As it seems only the mane six have these masks and no twilight figure has a mask, maybe this pony is to be a new main pony.

It just seems odd to have no new single brushables except for this one pony who is sharing an accessory with the other mane 5 ponies. Plus the fact that her symbol is a sun and is similar to celestia's symbol in that sense makes me think that shes more than just a throw away character created for the toy line.

Anyway thats my random thought for the day lol. Going to go and drool over the DH figure somemore lol :D

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
Re: Theory on the new orange pony
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »
Sounds like a good theory Archer!  ^.^

It was said in another tread that she might be an unicorn since she has the triangle looking eyes, is hard to tell from the mask since is covering the forehead and G4s have pimple like horns, lol.

The theory in introducing another unicorn sounds good since Twilight is now an unipeg so the main 6 is unbalanced because it only has one uni, but two pegs and two earth ponies.  :huh:

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »
I really can't see her replacing Twilight, but maybe that's because I don't want that... It is kind of weird that there is this one new character, completely unknown.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »
Maybe we will have a Mane 7 instead of a Mane 6? Perhaps TS will become the Princess of Ponyville.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »
(If someone could post a picture of this orange pony I would be greatful because I have no idea  :blush: )

Yesska

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »
To me she looks yellow, and I was thinking... Maybe its Apple Bloom griwn up? But then, her cutie mark dont go well with her name and as little Diamond tiara is one of the new brushables, it would be wierd. I think Its a new character.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »
Yes I agree but I think its more something to do with the toy line than the story line if that makes sense? I think they will continue with the same main 6 characters without an addition.

In the images you can see Pinkie in her packaging with her mask - clearly this is the next wave for the playful ponies line. However, with TS bring promoted, Hasbro would need a 6th pony in order to round out the set with the other 5 and hence this new little cutie. So more about logistics than a story arc.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »
That is a good point their hathorcat. They'd need to do something with the toys with regards to packaging and distribution as i'm guessing princess twilight won't ever be sold as a single.

However i do think they'll tie her in to the cartoon somehow. I mean the reason of that is to sell the toys.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »
Hopefully Archer! A better tie in wouldnt be a lot to ask you would think and would make much more sense - dear Hasbro we can only hope :)

Although on the plus side I am at least hopeful that it means at least one new brushable character per playable pony wave simply because they need someone to take TSs place!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

stormwing

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 03:16:08 PM »
(If someone could post a picture of this orange pony I would be greatful because I have no idea  :blush: )

Second this!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile

Offline Mysticolt

• Big Brother Pony
  • Ponyholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 03:29:50 PM »
I saw a comment earlier today where someone said she was Spitfire the wonderbolt from MLP : FIM ...   I'm guessing not though due to the lack of wings... ??
He who dies with the most Ponies wins!

My Custom Ponies on Deviantart :
http://renzoknight.deviantart.com/gallery/44346066

stormwing

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
Ohh haha I just scanned through 10 pages of the toy fair thread. Thanks, Rhini! :) She's a real beauty! Her symbol is kind of Princess Celestia-y. Like Hasbro was like 'hey we should totally create a Honeybuzz/Celestia love child'.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 03:50:10 PM by stormwing »

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
Ohh haha I just scanned through 10 pages of the toy fair thread. Thanks, Rhini! :) She's a real beauty! Her symbol is kind of Princess Celestia-y. Like Hasbro was like 'hey we should totally create a Honeybuzz/Celestia love child'.

Post Merge: February 10, 2013, 03:31:58 PM

I was thinking in Celestia going out wit one of the Fimflam brothers  :enthralled:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 03:35:49 PM »
Oh my gosh!!!!! I want to get her if she comes out!!!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal