collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Theory on the new orange pony  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
Re: Theory on the new orange pony
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 03:38:10 PM »
Ohh haha I just scanned through 10 pages of the toy fair thread. Thanks, Rhini! :) She's a real beauty! Her symbol is kind of Princess Celestia-y. Like Hasbro was like 'hey we should totally create a Honeybuzz/Celestia love child'.

Post Merge: February 10, 2013, 03:31:58 PM

Ohh haha I just scanned through 10 pages of the toy fair thread. Thanks, Rhini! :) She's a real beauty! Her symbol is kind of Princess Celestia-y. Like Hasbro was like 'hey we should totally create a Honeybuzz/Celestia love child'.

I was thinking in Celestia going out wit one of the Fimflam brothers  :enthralled:

Best Theory ever :)

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »
I really like the design, it would be really cool if she became a recurring character in the show!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »
Personally, I think she is going to be an extra playset pony so we'll want to buy the whole thing for her, like Starbeam Twinkle. Either that or, as others have said, a replacement for Twilight in the next wave of Playful Ponies. Definitely not Spitfire. No wings, wrong eye colour, and wrong cutie mark. I'm sure they wouldn't mess up that badly on her, if they're really concerned about integrating FiM with the toy line.

I'm hoping she isn't a unicorn. It would be neat to see unicorn eyes on an earth pony. Nice change of pace.

...so long as they don't just stamp them on and leave the original indents in place like they did for Vinyl Scratch.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 03:44:07 PM »

I was thinking in Celestia going out wit one of the Fimflam brothers  :enthralled:

Thanks! maybe Celestia is like Madonna? she only likes lads  :cool:

stormwing

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »

Next question, which Flim Flam brother was it? Season 4 will open with all three of them on the Jerry Springer show. :P

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »
I'm guessing we'll find out next weekend. She looks like she might have to do with corination ceremonies.
~Foxtale~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 07:03:30 PM »
I think she's a unicorn.  If Twilight DOES spend more time in Canterlot next season, maybe this pony takes her place, so to speak, as the second unicorn of the main ponies.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zest

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »
Did anyone else notice she has crystal eyes like the crystal ponies from the show? :P
* ~ * ~ * Looking for: TAF Yum Yum and Buttons and Spanish Piggies! * ~ * ~ *

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »
Do you think they would have two orange ponies in the main six? I was thinking if they have a replacement for Twilight Sparkle she would be purple or green instead of having Applejack and the new pony both being orange :)
My Wish List

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 07:23:36 PM »

Next question, which Flim Flam brother was it? Season 4 will open with all three of them on the Jerry Springer show. :P

OMG! that sounds so cool "who is the father?" pony style  :frolic:

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 07:25:38 PM »
Did anyone else notice she has crystal eyes like the crystal ponies from the show? :P

Ooh, so she does... But then, so do all the Mane Six in masks. I wonder if she's a Crystal pony, or just another piece to the Crystal Empire line?

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
Crazy theory I know.... But for some reason I think this pony maybe a boy in the show?!?!

Don't ask me why... It's just for a start she/he doesn't seem to have any eye lashes.

I know he has girls shaped eyes and a head, but I am thinking he maybe a younger boy pony, and a new love interest for Rarity or someone, that they meet at a masquerade ball.... She needs a man in her life:)

And it wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro just cheaped-out and reused a girl mold.

I know I am probably way off, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Bbp

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 10:43:57 PM »
Crazy theory I know.... But for some reason I think this pony maybe a boy in the show?!?!

Don't ask me why... It's just for a start she/he doesn't seem to have any eye lashes.

I know he has girls shaped eyes and a head, but I am thinking he maybe a younger boy pony, and a new love interest for Rarity or someone, that they meet at a masquerade ball.... She needs a man in her life:)

And it wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro just cheaped-out and reused a girl mold.

I know I am probably way off, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Bbp

I mentioned that too in the toy fair thread...I thought I was the only one who noticed lol! I do have doubts that it's a boy but it would be interesting if it were! It just seems weird that they wouldn't put any eyelashes on there otherwise.

Also, this may not even be relevant since this character is completely new, but if it were going to be a main character, wouldn't there be some piece of merchandise featuring it? There's so much of it coming out.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00:39 PM »
I think ( and hope) that she's just a new brushable and is not meant to replace Twilight in the Mane 6.

There's a new tag line for next season that reads, I think:  "things change.  Real friendships remain magical."  It still shows the same 6 girls and suggests to me that Twi isn't going anywhere.  And I hope she isn't.  Princess or not, temporary or not, she's my favorite and I think she brings good balance to the group.  I'd miss her if she left.

Now, if little orange brushable turns out to be Celestia's kid or what-have-you, that I'd be fine with.  Boy?  Fine with that, too (though I doubt it is.). But I don't want a full-time replacement for Twilight.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »
Well here are things I have heard on a certain other website from a person who knows who she is:
1. She is a girl
2. She is from something secret that they can't talk about (Equestria Girls?)
3. They were surprised she got made into a brushable (implies she is related to the show, and not meant to be toy only).

My serious theory:
She is another unicorn meant to even out the main 6 ponies, after Twilight moves to the Crystal Empire and co-rules it with Cadence.

My silly theory:
Her name is Firework and she is actually Katy Perry, ponified. Why do I say this? Because Hasbro recently registered "Equestria Girls" as a trademark.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal