collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Delete Please  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
Delete Please
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:08:49 PM »
I Really bought Clawdeen to have her pet and diary, Im not crazy about her. She has never been played with and I have no clue what to sell her by herself for. What should I do? I feel like a Mattel Warehouse! I have too many! I dont want to hold on to them and one day it be worth nothing... Im debating getting rid of 1st Wave Clawdeen, Duece, jackson. And so many other dolls that were just bought for the cloths. Why am I keeping any of these? Theyre not doing anything for me.. This is a bad addiction.. And I need some input on how to let go and not feel the need to have every single doll or outfit.  :blink:
Help Talk some Since into me!!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:27:36 AM by Tiffymh1fan »
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Should I sale my 1st wave clawdeen and others?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:17:26 PM »
Well we all go through this when we get really fired up about collecting something. Spend time with them and decide which ones you really aren't interested in, which it seems you have. Then just sell them. It's really that simple. If you kinda fumble with the decision, it usually means they will end up staying instead of going. You must be firm and decide what it really is about the collection that makes you love them, then try to just stay to what that is. If you want just all of one doll, or maybe you just like some of the dolls, but you really truly just collect the clothing then focus on that. There are plenty of members here that would give your dolls a loving home, so that's covered.

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 11:19:43 PM »
I agree with Psi, pick the ones you really like and then sell the others.  I was a rabid collector there for a bit until I realized that I really liked only one of each character.  It just came naturally to me.

Ebay is a good indicator on how much to sell your dolls for.  Go with the average.
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 12:04:21 AM »
Why am I keeping any of these? Theyre not doing anything for me.
You said it......this right here is your line to draw.  If you're still getting something out of certain dolls and accessories - keep them.  If they're not doing anything for you - let them go!!  Simple as that!!  And don't let rational thoughts come into it - like how much they're worth so you should keep them so they'll be worth more later or something like that........ just pay attn to your emotional ties to each one.  Again if you're still getting something out of them, they stay.  If you're not getting anything from them, they go!!  That's what I'd do anyway.   :biggrin:

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 12:27:10 AM »
how much  did you buy them for? With rumors of wave 1 clawdeen and others being re-released i am thinking if you spent more than retail on her  it would be best bet to sell  before the rerelease comes out .

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 05:38:55 AM »
how much  did you buy them for? With rumors of wave 1 clawdeen and others being re-released i am thinking if you spent more than retail on her  it would be best bet to sell  before the rerelease comes out .

The rerelease is out already, just not in the USA yet (IF it even comes here). There are people spotting them in stores already. At least, Clawdeen, Draculaura and Frankie have been spotted.

Ebay prices have been about $40 for frankie and $30 for Draculaura currently. I don't know if they used to be higher.. But that's what it is now. I had been watching them for a while when I intended to buy them, but then I realized financially I can't do that :(

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:17:34 AM »
I would say that the time to sell is now Tiffy!!!  Try to just stick with the ones you really like and let the others go...I am trying to stick with one of every character....hope this helps!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 06:30:34 AM »
Just a few months ago I thought snagging up a mint Wave1 Clawdeen for €45 was a super deal (since she usually sold for €70-100).
But recently she sometimes hasn't even sold for €40, so yeah, IF you want to still make a buck on your wave 1s, sell now?! (this is german ebay, tho - Since europe is currently waiting for her re-release. I'm sure you can still get more on US-ebay since the US is not sure to get a rerelease for her AFAIK.)

BTW, will the rerelease have human or clawed hands? :O
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:33:25 AM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 08:05:45 AM »
Thank you for everyones help. I would like to narrow it down to just one each maybe to each.. As far as selling clawdeen I would really like to trade her for Cleos Schools out ( with the hour glass shoes) I would like to keep her complete And if I was to sell her I would do it for 35. plus shipping of 5.00 us only with the price changes.. grr

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
Just a few months ago I thought snagging up a mint Wave1 Clawdeen for €45 was a super deal (since she usually sold for €70-100).
But recently she sometimes hasn't even sold for €40, so yeah, IF you want to still make a buck on your wave 1s, sell now?! (this is german ebay, tho - Since europe is currently waiting for her re-release. I'm sure you can still get more on US-ebay since the US is not sure to get a rerelease for her AFAIK.)

The DotD 3 pack added the clawed hands, so I imagine that if we see a re-release of signature Clawdeen, she'll get them as well.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »

The DotD 3 pack added the clawed hands, so I imagine that if we see a re-release of signature Clawdeen, she'll get them as well.

That would be nice - Not only because I like the clawed hands better, but also because the original wave1 might keep a certain value that way. Might be a relief for some that indeed spent close to a $/€100 on her. :)

HanaMaehata

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:30:31 AM »
idk man but if you really wanna sell Holt I ain't sayin I'm not interested. :B

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Help! Should I sale my 1st wave clawdeen and others?
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »
I will buy Holt for ... *checks in her wallet* $1!! :(

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:52 PM »
Would you be selling Holt with clothes or nude? I may be interested once some of my sales go through if he's clothed. :)

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »
Holt is complete, (diary, pet, all cloths, stand and box to go with it. ) If I do sell him I will put a picture up of him.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal