collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about manky So-Softs  (Read 336 times)

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Question about manky So-Softs
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
Hey all!

Quick question - I have a couple of So Softs in different conditions. Some are yellowed, some are bald on ear tips and hooves, but have thick flocking everywhere else, some have haircuts but otherwise look great, some are thinning throughout, but do not have bare patches, if that makes sense.

So - considering that some of these are really good deflock candidates and would probably look amazing once de-fuzzified, are they considered BAIT? What would they be worth? Does their deflock worthiness increase their value?
What about trade value? Would trading 3 of these deflock candidates for, say 1 good condition G1 be fair?

I'm asking because there has been some interest in some of my SS ponies and I want to make sure I charge fair prices...

Thanks!
Denise

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question about manky So-Softs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:38:07 AM »
Well, I'd pay more for a nice deflocked pony than a balding, manky so soft. Rubs on ear tips and hooves are acceptable I think if the rest of the flocking is nice and clean. For me, haircuts are also acceptable if the flocking is good; you can always rehair if you want. I'd say the thinning and yellowed ponies could be deflock candidates, but the others I would buy as they are. Just my opinion; I'm not a very picky collector though.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »
It depends on a few things to be honest :) A manky Lofty or Magic Star with hair trims and large flocking patches missing may for many be considered bait but a Crumpet in the same condition for others could be a pony worth cleaning up and displaying in a collection.

Hoof and ear and nostril rubs are common on most so softs so I certainly wouldn't say a pony with only those issues is necessarily bait; likewise hair trims may be fixable with some donor hair.

And at the other end of the scale 3 baity so softs which are ponies which have non so soft versions already - such as Posey, Lickety, Surprise, etc will not necessarily hold the same value as 2 or 3 ponies which dont have NSS versions and therefore could be deflocked to add value.

Do you have a list of which ponies you have and a note on what is wrong with each of them? That way we can offer price ideas/value on each of them and then you know the $ value of what you have for perhaps trading for other ponies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »
It depends on a few things to be honest :) A manky Lofty or Magic Star with hair trims and large flocking patches missing may for many be considered bait but a Crumpet in the same condition for others could be a pony worth cleaning up and displaying in a collection.

Hoof and ear and nostril rubs are common on most so softs so I certainly wouldn't say a pony with only those issues is necessarily bait; likewise hair trims may be fixable with some donor hair.

And at the other end of the scale 3 baity so softs which are ponies which have non so soft versions already - such as Posey, Lickety, Surprise, etc will not necessarily hold the same value as 2 or 3 ponies which dont have NSS versions and therefore could be deflocked to add value.

Do you have a list of which ponies you have and a note on what is wrong with each of them? That way we can offer price ideas/value on each of them and then you know the $ value of what you have for perhaps trading for other ponies.

Thank you so much for the info! Here is what I have and descriptions of their condition:

Deflocked Cupcake #2   DEFLOCK - not finished
So Soft Buttons #1        Poor: lots of thin flocking, chunk of flocking on horn gone, dirty. DEFLOCK
So Soft Buttons #2        Poor: lots of thin flockingg, bare spots on hooves, dirty and manky
So Soft Magic Star #1   FAIR: REHAIR CANDIDATE, excellent flocking, mane cut
So Soft Magic Star #3   Fair: Thin flocking in some areas, some loss to hoovesd and neck seam, ear tips.
So Soft North Star #2   Poor: dirty, thin flocking, ear tips n mouth missing flocking, manky
So Soft North Star #3   Poor: dirty, thin flocking, missing a lot on wings, marker on right wing
So Soft Sundance #2   Poor: extremely yellow, lots of flocking loss on hooves

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »
I will pay double for a deflock.... I deflock any so soft that comes into my hands :) they look TONS better.

I've just finished Cupcake and I'm about to start on Twilight. She's so grey, all that fuzz is coming off to reveal a gorgeous pony!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »
Hmmm....

Deflocked Cupcake #2   DEFLOCK - not finished
She is normally $8-10 in nice condition - deflocked completely and in nice finished condition she will probably be $15-16. Although she has a NSS version its hard enough to find that her deflock holds value. An unfinished deflock however is no different than a pony with really bad flocking as someone has the work to complete her and the hope that she polishes up perfect. So I think $5 would be right

So Soft Buttons #1        Poor: lots of thin flocking, chunk of flocking on horn gone, dirty. DEFLOCK -
So Soft Buttons #2        Poor: lots of thin flockingg, bare spots on hooves, dirty and manky
$3 for each of them as she normally sells at $8-10 but her NSS versions are easy enough to find so her deflocked version doesnt hold a lot of value.

So Soft Magic Star #1   FAIR: REHAIR CANDIDATE, excellent flocking, mane cut
So Soft Magic Star #3   Fair: Thin flocking in some areas, some loss to hoovesd and neck seam, ear tips.
$3 for #1 as with a rehair she sounds as though she would be nice and with good flocking I dont know if someone would want to deflock her. $3 for #3 as well as although she doesnt sound as in nice condition the only NSS Magic Star in this pose is an expensive pony so she holds good value as a deflock but someone still has to do all the work.

So Soft North Star #2   Poor: dirty, thin flocking, ear tips n mouth missing flocking, manky
So Soft North Star #3   Poor: dirty, thin flocking, missing a lot on wings, marker on right wing
The problem again with North Star is that her NSS version is relatively easy to come across and therefore deflocked she doesnt hold a massive value. She also is a pretty poor seller I would say $3 for #2 and $2 for #3.

So Soft Sundance #2   Poor: extremely yellow, lots of flocking loss on hooves
Again around $1-2
Loa is my love god!

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »
I have a question for everyone. Does anyone that is a talented deflocker sell their service for collectors with poor SS? I have four that I want deflocked but had trouble when I tried about seven years ago. If I sent my ponies to someone and paid for shipping both ways ehat would it cost to deflock per pony? Just curious for the future when I have a bit more money or should I try again and hope for better results.

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:44:40 PM »
I have a question for everyone. Does anyone that is a talented deflocker sell their service for collectors with poor SS? I have four that I want deflocked but had trouble when I tried about seven years ago. If I sent my ponies to someone and paid for shipping both ways ehat would it cost to deflock per pony? Just curious for the future when I have a bit more money or should I try again and hope for better results.

I sometimes deflock for people - I'm not at the moment, I just don't have the time - but I generally charge $15-$20 plus shipping per pony. :)
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »

You will probably find someone over in Customs to help if you posted there. I know CSA used to offer a deflocking service and so do quite a few customisers. :) Good luck!
Loa is my love god!

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »
Good idea thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal