collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Post-Apocalyptic/ War Ponies - I need your opinion!  (Read 359 times)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
Post-Apocalyptic/ War Ponies - I need your opinion!
« on: February 07, 2013, 03:53:52 PM »
So for a while I've had this big, intricate storyline with my ponies. I want to write a fanfiction, but I want to see if anyone would be interested!
The main idea is that wherever ponies lived has been destroyed by a huge nuclear war, leaving only one area habitable - Pony Valley. There are few survivors (All of them  are ponies from my G1 collection) who for as long as they can remember have been at war. They story would be from the point of view of Sunbeam, and it would basically be her journal explaining who does what and how things work etc. So here are some sketches of the main 12 ponies:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Windy- She's basically the leader of their group. She always knows who's doing what and where they are. She is able to have such an important role because she has some extremely magical powers due to radiation. Gusty- She's Windy's right hoof mare. She keeps track of food rations, official documents, and anything else that needs to be sorted and is important. Lemondrop & Cuddles- These two are a couple. They both are brilliant when it comes to massive weapons that require nuclear power or some other dangerous power source. They both have injuries from battles and mishaps from the weapons they make.
 Medly- Leader or the Pegasi bombing squad. Her and other pegasi fly dangerously high up into the atmosphere- and drop. They zoom to the ground at remarkable speeds, and crash land into enemy territory. Pegasi at this time are bred to be extremely powerful flyers and are equipt with mechanical "boosters" that turn them into flying machines. Sunbeam- She's a scientist who is the one recording all of this. She is able to maximize her magic using radiation from the sun and the nuclear radiation. She harnesses this with the device on her horn. Blossom- She is a medic. She is usually seen as the weak one of the group, but she is very powerful but refuses to take part in the battles. She prefers to help ponies in need than to cause more pain. Cheif- Blossom's husband. He leads the ponies into battle and has a cool eyepatch. He's very tough and is genius at battle strategies, but his wife is upset that he takes part in such cruelty. She always worries about him.
 Bridal Beauty- She's the oldest member of the group. People think she's a greedy snob, but she and her daughter, Bright Night, keep watch almost constantly and keep out intruders. She has the most knowledge of the geography of the Valley. Bright Night- She is and excellent archer. She's also is very sly and swift, and can hit an enemy pony hundreds of yards away. She's also covered in tattoos. Cool. Magic Hat- She is an apprentice to Sunbeam. She is very good at magic for an earth pony. She's a bit stubborn and keeps to herself a lot. Not much is known about her. Sprinkles- The true bad*ss of the group. She has mental disorders, but that doesn't stop her from being a valued fighter. She has the only gas mask, so she travels in the impact zone where the devastating bomb hit. She is a sniper and has a mechanical wing from past injuries.

So what do you think? Should I write a fanfic? Sorry this was so long!

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Apocalyptic/ War Ponies - I need your opinion!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »
Interesting idea. I'd definitely take a read. :)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »
That does sound like an interesting fanfiction.  You've thought out each character, and their personalities and traits, so it would be great to see it come to fruition in a story.  :)

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:20:10 PM »
^ This is great up there!~

You have the characters drafted and what their personalities will be and what their skills are.

It's the beginning of a great story if you wanted to write it, and I think you should. :) I'm sure you'd have some followers too. Each person brings their own twist and take on each genre. Go for it!

:cheer: :cheer: PS: Sunbeam is sooo cool I can't even.... :faint:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 06:43:13 PM »
I think I would read more. If it's something you want to do, go for it! But don't pressure yourself!
And I love your drawings! They're so cool, and yet I still want to cuddle the ponies. But they would probably buck me.  ^.^
I'll put something here some time

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:41:45 AM »
kinda makes me thing of fallout ponies!! I love post war ponies they are just too cute!!

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »
Just gotta say.... You may have just made me like Sprinkles... a little, lol!

Heddwyn ~ Castor

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »
Those look amazing, their designs and outfits are super creative!  :D

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »
You have really thought it out, go with it and see where it takes you.  You need to write for yourself first and then find those that want to follow along.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal