collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: We are all going about this the wrong way!!!  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: We are all going about this the wrong way!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 08:59:06 AM »
I don't think it is hopeless to send letters.    I learned through my work that every complaint/request from a consumer received by Target/Costco/Walmart (and probably others) is tracked and considered by the marts-  and they even have a calculation extrapolating the data-   

Example, one complaint by a consumer probably means that 160 people had the same complaint and didn't complain because people generally don't. 

So yes-  your voice doesn't matter to Hasbro- because their customers are Target/Walmart/Kmart etc- (the "Marts") -  but the "Marts" do care what you think- they really do. 

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »
That's nice to know that stores take complaints seriously. I pretty much never complain because it takes too much effort, but when I do I want to know it was worth it.

Would writing a letter or complaining while in store be more effective? I have three young kids and the whole reason I haven't bought more ponies for my daughter is because of how dissapointed overall I've been with the line. I would have loved to have bought her that castle playset, but it was so expensive and Shining Armor was not that good looking - didn't make it worth it. So I may be able to show up with my three kids in tow and complain about lack of good pony toys and make an effective point. But I guess that only works once, because then they see it's the same crazy lady complaining about pony toys again.

BabyInBlue

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 10:31:01 AM »
Well, a lot of people here have kids . . . Hey kids, who wants to do a LETTER WRITING FUNTIME PROJECT??? YAY!!!!

Haha...all 3 of mine are boys...they wouldn't care a less about MLP, LOL! I sure hope this new one is a girl!!

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 06:06:54 PM »
I wish there was some way we could get across to Hasbro, that not all MLP fans want only FiM, and some of us would love to see something closer to G1 again... in both toys and media.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
So yes-  your voice doesn't matter to Hasbro- because their customers are Target/Walmart/Kmart etc- (the "Marts") -  but the "Marts" do care what you think- they really do. 

I disagree. -- Hasbro makes pitches to the retailers. While they have a big say in what gets sold-- if it's a solid idea, it will get picked up. In the end, if an idea gets picked up, that means money for Hasbro.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
We need to support stores that have already been giving us love and attention, like Hot Topic and TRU. TRU is likely to give us more collector ponies like they did with Zecora, Nightmare Moon, and talking white Celestia. Hot Topic has been commissioning nice vinyl figures from Funko. Getting wider releases is something we need to bring up more too.

Offline n66x

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
I'll say it again, if every time they show us something new they have a hoard of million FiM fans bitching and whining how inaccurate,"girly" and ugly each new product is no wonder you don't see many new MLP ideas hitting the shelves these days..just visit Hasbro's MLP facebook page, the almost harassing negative response by grown people you read there is disturbing and like nothing i've seen before.. I guess hasbro should indeed move forward with a different parallel MLP project other than FiM so they can freely continue their usual creativity by making something closer to a more classic line(G1-G3) and create characters outside the FiM brand and then leave the FiM products and toy line to other companies like hot topic and their vinyl collectibles which seem to be the closest to what the FiM fanbase wants.. i love FiM but this response by people has gotten out of hand! I remember MLP fans to be loving and embracing of each new toy project by Hasbro but boy, not anymore they're not!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:33:54 PM by n66x »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal