collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Young Collector And Probably Every Doll Ever Made----youtube video I Found  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Mintymints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Young Collector And Probably Every Doll Ever Made----youtube video I Found
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 03:13:10 AM »
I saw this video online before, I dont remember who posted about it, but I think she is just adorable. People may think she is spoiled because she has all those dolls (double of some too!! Im jealous :lol: ) Anyways her video gave me an idea (plus seeing another arena memebers "doll area"...

I dont know how familiar anyone is with IKEA, but I live at that store when I am not buying dolls... Such a great place!! And they built one right down the road so I am happy :)

Anyways.. I want to get this shelf

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00208646/#/80208652

And then I want to fit card board squares to the cubes and then make interchangeable backgrounds... I want to do something similar to what this girls mom did... but I am waiting for all the beds to come out before I finish and such... I have a drawing of what I want it to look like that I might upload... but I am having a hard time finding the backgrounds I want to use... Anyone have an ideas I will upload a picture of my drawing sometime later this week (I have school Mon-Thurs)
The expedit is actually not the correct candidate in my opinion. I've had 3 for ages and they don't have much space :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(The pic is showing Skelita in reference to the size of one square

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 05:22:07 AM »
I was planning on buying those shelves as well, but if you don't think they'd be good I may have to reconsider. Your picture is not working for me though.
:heart:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:52 AM »
My whole apartment is 'Expedit' & 'Lack', and I agree, they might not be the best choice to display toys, if you have a whole lot of them. I use 'Lack' for that, even tho that is not technically a shelving unit but a lot of boards. xD;

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 06:11:34 AM »
:| I dunno, I kinda want to see but at the same time I don't know if I will ever click the YouTube link. I don't like the idea of young girls being on social media like YouTube and Facebook and such. Call me old fashion.  -_-

Ehh, I'm actually with you and I'm anything but old-fashioned.
I'm insanely protective when it comes to kids. I don't like parents who exploit their children for clicks and "likes", especially on youtube where you can actually make money off of your video views and followers.

This video, though, was just a kid presenting her collection. She is probably very proud and happy to show off her toys and the parents are proud to showcase the dollhouse. That's how people are and there is no real harm done (except for making other kids and collectors jealous, lol)

You know what I hate, though? That Mattel actively encourages the blatant exploitation of kids when it comes to advertising Monster High.
There are a bunch of child contributors on youtube who advertise, err I mean, "review" new MH dolls viral video style.
You can so tell that in almost all cases it's the parents pulling the strings in the background, writing lines for the kids, painting their girls' faces with make-up MH style and letting them talk about how awesome it is for a 9-year-old to look ten years older and buy a truckload full of dolls which you aren't allowed to play with 'coz Mom is the real collector, the cute kid just draws in the viewers.

Mattel sends new dolls early to those people for their kids to show them off = do a free commercial for the new doll (that isn't in stores yet).
That's a bit f'ed up and one of the many reasons why I dropped out of the advertisement/marketing business.

PS: Lol, sorry for the rant. That dollhouse is cool and you can see that at least this girl gets to play with her toys :)
Edit: Hahaha, I take that back. I saw it's one of those "I show off my kid" channel. The channel is even called somethingsomething Dakota's Mom. Lol, I can't!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:14:33 AM by Zapper »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 07:25:11 AM »
I saw this video online before, I dont remember who posted about it, but I think she is just adorable. People may think she is spoiled because she has all those dolls (double of some too!! Im jealous :lol: ) Anyways her video gave me an idea (plus seeing another arena memebers "doll area"...

I dont know how familiar anyone is with IKEA, but I live at that store when I am not buying dolls... Such a great place!! And they built one right down the road so I am happy :)

Anyways.. I want to get this shelf

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00208646/#/80208652

And then I want to fit card board squares to the cubes and then make interchangeable backgrounds... I want to do something similar to what this girls mom did... but I am waiting for all the beds to come out before I finish and such... I have a drawing of what I want it to look like that I might upload... but I am having a hard time finding the backgrounds I want to use... Anyone have an ideas I will upload a picture of my drawing sometime later this week (I have school Mon-Thurs)
The expedit is actually not the correct candidate in my opinion. I've had 3 for ages and they don't have much space :/

(The pic is showing Skelita in reference to the size of one square

I actually have the expedit tv shelf in my room right now and it is housing all my boxed dolls (well most of them... I ran out of room about 40 dolls ago because they are so big with the boxes...) for what I want to do, the expedit actually works for me... I'm doing smaller dioramas... Sooooo... I will show a pic of what I am talking about shortly... I am headed to class now... :)

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »
Can't wait to see meJohnson :D

Here's the pic...

Skelita on the Expedit by MintyButt, on Flickr
I keep trying to put them here from Gmail  ^^;

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 05:13:16 PM »
This is of all my boxes ones... My opened ones are all on top as of right now... I need to update since catrine isn't in this one :)

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
This is of all my boxes ones... My opened ones are all on top as of right now... I need to update since catrine isn't in this one :)

Can I come over for a playdate?xD
I would just open them all though  :lookround:

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 09:27:44 PM »

Hahaha.. I would love a play date... but can it wait until I get my open ones in the mail??  ^.^ Then we could have more fun..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal