collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you listen to music people kinda look at you funny for?  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Lady_Manson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Do you listen to music people kinda look at you funny for?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »
I forgot I like The Band Shinedown to And HellYeah&Lynyrd Scynyrd as well
LM

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »
I just thought of another one! I really love Andrea Bocelli. My brothers and dad thought it was horrible and couldn't believe I like it. I know it's definitely not a very popular genre, that's for sure.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »
Anything and everything hair metal and 80's along with 90's grunge/rock (the stuff I grew up with!).

And I still have a bit of an affinity for Japanese rock and Korean pop, even though I grew out of my serious fangirl phase. xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
I get some funny looks when I tell people I'm in to metal (doom metal and death metal mostly, but some other sub genres). I don't look like a "metal head" at all, as I am a very small girl who usually wears pink :P
Same here  ^.^
I dress really cute/femine most of the time, so when I recently told a friend that I listen to Iron Maiden, she was like "Oh, I can only really imagine you listening to bubble gum pop type music" it was funny!

I've had people say the same thing, mostly people that don't know me well. "Shouldn't you listen to XYZ band/artist?" Usually they say Justin Bieber, One Direction or someone else along those lines. :P

From what I've gathered the accepted colloquialism for Danzig is blues metal.

That's what the person who introduced me to them called them, I've just heard so many people call them different thinks I don't know what the "proper" name for they style is. I'll have to remember blues metal.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
I listen to covers of English pop and rock songs as Gaeilge (aka Irish Gaelic). I don't really know the language yet but at least I know what the songs mean (unless they are pulling what Basshunter did with DOTA and All I Ever Wanted which are the same exact song yet they have 100% different meanings in different languages). The only problem with that is when the English versions of songs I listen to on my iPhone come on in public I have to resist the urge to start singing the non English lyrics. I imagine I would definitely get odd looks if I did that.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 09:17:16 PM »
Video game/cartoon soundtracks and Vocaloid songs.  My entire iPod is a giant WTF for others scrolling through it.

Offline CuteyBina3

• Trade Count: (+93)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:38 PM »
Nearly anything that combines Bagpipes with Electric Guitars. Odd combo, I know but I love Blackmore's Night, The High Kings, Celtic Woman, Dropkick Murphys, and Celtic Thunder. I also like Enya, Enigma, and Loreena McKennit. Not sure what genre they are. Probably "New Age" I guess.

Dropkick Murphys! ♥ Definitely one of my fave bands! :)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
totally in this boat.
love Christian rap and bollywood music

Offline Summerlycoris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
I listen to Vocaloid and Utauloid music, my favourites being at the moment Momo Momone's cover of Q and The Earth's Final Confession by Gumi.
I also listen to video game music, the Tales Series OP's tend to get stuck in my ipod, especially Karma. Touhou related music also tends to be pretty good, so some of that ends up on my ipod too.
Music from musicals is also very nice to listen too, I have a few songs from Wicked and other musicals as well.
So it can get a bit awkward when someone wants to know what song I'm listening too...

Thanks to Shenanigans and Princess Starburst for this awesome signature and to sunnyrain for my avatar. And my Newbie Swap list is here.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 11:26:09 PM »
When a friend of mine and I were still sort of getting to know each other, I asked her to see if she could guess what my favorite band was. She just kind of squinted at me and said "Well... you seem like the kind of girl who would like the Beatles?"

So I guess I look like a Beatles fan? When asked about my favorite genre, people aren't really surprised to learn that I love everything about the wide, wide genre of rock. I do like a huge variety of music, but it's gotta be rock n roll music if you wanna dance with me.

So I guess my answer would be... no, not really. I guess I just look like I like the music that I do?

ETA: Actually, I will say this. Since I AM such a big Beatles fan, a lot of people are really surprised to learn that I actually really love Yoko Ono. I mean, she can't sing to save her life, but the songs themselves are pretty good, I think. I don't know how anyone could listen to this without dancing or at least making egregious hand motions.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:28:36 PM by Rachel-Eyes »

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 02:36:20 AM »

ETA: Actually, I will say this. Since I AM such a big Beatles fan, a lot of people are really surprised to learn that I actually really love Yoko Ono. I mean, she can't sing to save her life, but the songs themselves are pretty good, I think. I don't know how anyone could listen to this without dancing or at least making egregious hand motions.

Heck yes! I love Yoko. I think her singing is fine for the music she made and the songs are indeed awesome. Plus I think she's a really interesting woman and artist in general! (The Beatles are my favourite band.)
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:01 PM »
   Well I know almost no one is clueless to the fact that I love the Beatles. I am sort of pertty expressive with my deep passion for them in the stories and poems I write, and I talk about them alot. Buy most people take me as more of a classic rocker rather than a oldies girl, the latter which I totally am. Most people find it so strange that I listen to doo wop, a guilty pleasure of mine, and sometimes even fourties big band stuff, when I'm in the mood. I guess it's just a not very known or appreacated type of music but to me it's pure gold. I get many odd looks and qustions for loveing it so much.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »

Heck yes! I love Yoko. I think her singing is fine for the music she made and the songs are indeed awesome. Plus I think she's a really interesting woman and artist in general! (The Beatles are my favourite band.)

Yes, definitely! I do agree that while I personally don't like the sound of her voice, it was pretty perfect for the type of music she's always been making and while I'm not always a big fan of her art, I do appreciate the fact that she's always trying to do something creative and new. She's pretty fascinating and she really seems quite lovely. I love her lots.

It really irritates me actually when people point fingers at her and say she broke up the Beatles. I think it's so immature. If you're going to hate who broke up the Beatles, then you're going to hate the Beatles!

SynCallio

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 12:59:54 PM »
Baroque.

People expect someone with a music degree to love classical music, true. It's not always snobbery. The good stuff lasts! But I like a wide variety of things: there's plenty of good stuff coming out now. My iPod has movie soundtracks and folk rock and some pretty weird modern choral stuff. But my favorite? The work of Johann Sebastian Bach. I fangirl him. I squee when his work is on the radio. When I play "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" on my stereo, I crank up the volume and rock out.

Speaking of which, anybody else here familiar with E.S. Posthumus? I love the way they fuse classical, electronic, and hard rock.

Post Merge: February 07, 2013, 01:04:11 PM

Actually, I will say this. Since I AM such a big Beatles fan, a lot of people are really surprised to learn that I actually really love Yoko Ono. I mean, she can't sing to save her life, but the songs themselves are pretty good, I think. I don't know how anyone could listen to this without dancing or at least making egregious hand motions.

Liking the song w/o liking the singer's voice: I know the feeling! I don't know if you're familiar with Michael W. Smith - used to be huge in Christian music in the 80s and into the 90s. He wrote some great songs, but I can't stand his voice! It's like, "I love your work, but would you mind having someone else sing?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:04:11 PM by SynCallio »

Offline gustystarr

• Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »

Heck yes! I love Yoko. I think her singing is fine for the music she made and the songs are indeed awesome.
Plus I think she's a really interesting woman and artist in general! (The Beatles are my favourite band.)

Yes, definitely! I do agree that while I personally don't like the sound of her voice, it was pretty perfect for the type of music she's always been making and while I'm not always a big fan of her art, I do appreciate the fact that she's always trying to do something creative and new. She's pretty fascinating and she really seems quite lovely. I love her lots.

It really irritates me actually when people point fingers at her and say she broke up the Beatles. I think it's so immature. If you're going to hate who broke up the Beatles, then you're going to hate the Beatles!

This is so off topic but I just had to put my two cents in :blush:

I agree! My other Beatles fan friends always whine when every they here anything about Yoko and it's so annyoing. Now quite frankly I'm not too crazy about her but you should be free to love who ever you want and what John and Yoko had was love. Sometimes I think it's hard for people to admit there idol has caused something they find as a bad choice so they blame anything else. Now yes she got in between John and Paul but as they always tried to say they were falling apart anyways and serval times in there history before Yoko they nearly broke up, it was just waiting to happen. Anyways it's good to know I'm not the only Beatles fan who dosen't hate Yoko :satisfied:.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal