collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you listen to music people kinda look at you funny for?  (Read 1225 times)

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
Re: Do you listen to music people kinda look at you funny for?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »
From what I've gathered the accepted colloquialism for Danzig is blues metal.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »
I don't pay enough attention to notice if people look at me funny.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

reyl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 12:16:19 AM »
I regularly play the soundtrack to Sweeney Todd in my car and sing along loudly. Even Mrs. Lovett's part. Thankfully no one can hear me.

I love old goth rock, metal with opera singer front women, Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Tori Amos... Right now I'm listening to something new, pow-wow dubstep... It's just - amazing. I also listen to Brony Dubstep sometimes... it's kind of special.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 04:44:18 AM »
Well, most people, when I tell them my favourite bands, have no idea what it is. The thing is, while I do listen to metal and look like a total metalhead, my biggest field of interest is indie, brit rock and post rock and while some people might have known my favourite bands 10 years ago, few will recognise them now. I tend to like bands that mix styles and where every song sounds differently so I never get bored of them, like Mansun and The Cooper Temple Clause :) and of course, some more popular ones like Muse and Radiohead (not too big on Muse's new album though).

I think the most eye-brow raising feature of my music taste is how intolerant I am of all things pop. I literally can't stand any of it and will not subject myself to it for even a minute. Most people can't understand that if the vibrato (or whatever you call it) is too prominent, I will suffer a physical reaction and I literally can not stand it! Which is why I always have my music with me.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 04:47:58 AM »
Ooh yeah definitely. xD I actually really love music in foreign languages. I don't know why, I just do. A lot of what I listen to is Japanese (in particular Vocaloid! I don't understand why I love Vocaloid... I just do and I have since the sixth grade haha), but I also have a few songs here and there that are in Swedish, German, Polish, etc. xD

People always ask me "how do you know what they're saying if it's in Japanese? Do you understand it?". xD I think people forget that there is such a thing as subtitles on a video sometimes, haha.

I also really love 80s music, even though I was born in '97. xD I blame my parents for that one. They always played 80s music during car trips when I was younger.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:50:28 AM by OctoberFlash »
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 09:49:21 AM »
I do listen to some things that many others in my country would dismiss as too weird or even childish.

I listen to a lot of Japanese pop and anime music. Anyone who has heard a lot of it knows that some Japanese women can sound like six year olds when they sing. But I think that's part of the music's charm and something very unique to their race. It sets their music apart from other types.

I also love male sopranos. Two artists I really adore are the Russian singer Vitas (he can sing just as high if not even higher than many female sopranos) and a Korean one name Jo Kwan Woo. Both have such amazing voices and beautiful music. A lot of people seem to have a stupid prejudice against male sopranos but I love them.

If anyone is bored, here is a Vitas song that shows just what he can do with his voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJYxMP_ICY 
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 10:00:07 AM »
Sure, I suppose.  I like a wide variety of things and im sure some of it would offend or turn heads, like some of the rock/alternative stuff.  But im not bothering them so it doesnt really matter what they think..until someone actually says something to my face (beides the 'can youplease keep it down').  Then they usually wish they never went to go bug me...but thats something else entirely xD

But, to be fair, other things I listen to include relaxing or soothing music...thing some video game stuff or enya :) I guess im all over the place xD

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

kaninchen

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »
i know here in surftown, southern california... the girl with the doll ringlets and lace dress gets a hell of a lot of strange looks driving around in her little grey bug blaring sweet home alabama. note: while i AM southern, i am not nor have i ever been from alabama.

Post Merge: February 04, 2013, 10:28:48 AM

ps: to whoever mentioned tunng: i think i love you!

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 10:35:49 AM »
I listen to fairly "normal" music in the car and at home, such as classic rock and "oldies".  I guess some people think that's weird, since I'm 27 and most of my favorite music is from before I was born, but it's not really bizarre.

In my office, though, I listen to classical and opera.  I don't know why people think it's odd,  but I guess people do.  I think it's kind of sad how classical-type music is thought of as "odd" anymore, since a lot of it is absolutely, amazingly beautiful. :)

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »
The only music I don't listen to is most country (as I don't like southern twang; dunno why, it just gets on my nerves. I'm getting accustoned to it, though, as two of the managers at work grew up with it, so tend to put the overhead music on the country channels). I can't stand hip-hop/rap/whatever they're calling it these days. Opera gives me a headache, so that's normally right out.

I've gotten double-takes when telling coworkers that I'm listening to Nightwish, which is amusing. No one's surprised to hear me listening to Heather Alexander or pop/rock, though. :lol:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Lady_Manson

• MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 08:29:50 PM »
I do not know if anyone looks at me funny or not with the music bands I like
When I was in Highschool though I told a Girl I liked Marilyn Manson and she told me I did not look like
someone that liked him I guess cause I did not dress like I did.

Anyways these are some bands I like but I do not know many people that know who they are or like them or not but here goes
Black Veil Brides a ton of people on Facebook and Deviant like them I found out
Blood on The Dance Floor
Pierce The Veil
Blessed The Fall
Vampires Everywhere
Davey Suicide
London After Midnight
Cinema Bizzare
Falling In Reverse
Escape The Fate
Motionless in White
The Relapse Symphony
Mondern Day Escape
These are new Bands I been into since 2011
LM

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 04:25:13 AM »
I get some funny looks when I tell people I'm in to metal (doom metal and death metal mostly, but some other sub genres). I don't look like a "metal head" at all, as I am a very small girl who usually wears pink :P
Same here  ^.^
I dress really cute/femine most of the time, so when I recently told a friend that I listen to Iron Maiden, she was like "Oh, I can only really imagine you listening to bubble gum pop type music" it was funny!

Although since I mainly listen to progressive rock, the usual response when I list bands is either *blank stare*, "never heard of them" or "oh right, I know Yes, weren't they the guys who sung "owner of a lonely heart"  :lol:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 07:50:14 AM »
When I tell people I don't have a favorite band, singer or genre I get funny looks.  Does that count?   :P

I like the quiet.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Foxfire

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Mad Woman with a Blue Box
    • View Profile
    • Foxfire's Finger Paint
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 08:42:37 AM »
Nearly anything that combines Bagpipes with Electric Guitars. Odd combo, I know but I love Blackmore's Night, The High Kings, Celtic Woman, Dropkick Murphys, and Celtic Thunder. I also like Enya, Enigma, and Loreena McKennit. Not sure what genre they are. Probably "New Age" I guess.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »
I'm sure my coworkers look at me funny for blasting French rap all day in my office, but it's my cave. (It's odd because I know zero French and I am American)
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal