collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Etsy problem transaction  (Read 567 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Etsy problem transaction
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »
This isn't a pony issue, but I was wondering if somebody here knows about Etsy policies for problem transactions.

I purchased two small hand made items on January 2nd.  Since it was so close to the holidays, and the seller had several positive feedbacks, many within weeks of my purchase, I wasn't particularly worried that I didn't hear from the seller or see it marked as shipped for a while.  About a week after purchase I got a message through Etsy telling me that the seller shipped my two items, plus two extras on around the 7th.  The despite what the seller said, the item was still listed as "unshipped" on my Etsy transaction page, but I figured the seller just forgot to update Etsy.  This was a domestic purchase. 

I waited a couple of weeks for it to arrive, just in case the post office was being crazy, and it did not.  I then contacted the seller.  I waited a week for a response, and got none.  Contacted her again.  No response.  Contacted her AGAIN.  No response. 

I sent another message through Etsy yesterday.  If I don't hear from her by Monday, I am wondering what I can do to get my money back.  Is there a refund policy? Is there a time limit on refunds like on ebay?  The item is still listed as "unshipped".

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Etsy problem transaction
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
Did you pay with Paypal? If so, you can open a claim within 45 days.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
I would open a claim with Paypal or your credit card company!  Non-performing seller, fraudulent business, something will fit under that umbrella...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:53:08 PM »
You can file a complaint with etsy but they can't get your money back (but if you do & the seller doesn't respond to the etsy team message notifying them of the case their shop will be closed down) so filing a case with Paypal is your best bet.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 03:51:51 PM »
If it has been a month since your original purchase date, I would most definitely open a claim with Paypal. 

It honestly should not be taking weeks for a domestic package to arrive.  And if she has not marked it as shipped on the original transaction that is a bit worrisome at this point.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal