collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko MLP Pop! Figures  (Read 19879 times)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko MLP Pop! Figures
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »
Ahhh, was replacing AJ and Rarity really necessary? They're my two favorites :( These do look pretty cute though, I just wish Hasbro would stop giving AJ and Rarity the short end of the stick...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2013, 02:44:20 PM »
Ohhhh, they're so cuuuuuuute!  :P I must have them. ALL of them.
:fox:

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »
Artwork from the catalog has been posted on instagram. No actual photos yet. Prototypes haven't even been spotted yet, but they will be out in 2013.

These are really cute... but I really wish they had Rarity and AJ instead of or in addition to Drama and DJ :(
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »
Artwork from the catalog has been posted on instagram. No actual photos yet. Prototypes haven't even been spotted yet, but they will be out in 2013.

They said they won't reveal the prototypes for awhile, they are still in the very early stages of the planning process. The sketches are super cute and a lot of vendors were interested.
~Foxtale~

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 05:10:51 PM »
I don't know what to think.  On the one hand, they *are* pretty cute.  But, on the other hand...this is more proof to me that they don't care about AJ or Rarity anymore.  The "fan favourites" get more attention, because they are sure money-grabbers (which is understandable...a company IS supposed to make money).  I dunno, I'm just irked because those two are my favourites :P  I wouldn't be as uptight about it if Pinkie or Dashie were my favourites lol.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2013, 05:23:24 PM »
I love these! Very cute! My only sadness is that Rarity and AJ aren't represented. Rarity is my favorite pony, and AJ is my sister's! :( Not gonna lie, pretty unimpressed that two brief background characters get more merch than two MAIN characters do ...
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »
Aww they look cute! I'm sure they will make AJ & Rarity- probably release fan character + main 6 characters in lots like the funko vinyls...

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »
I wish they'd come up with new background characters to make, if they're going to skip main characters. Those two are way over used, and it's getting boring.  I'm not sure who else to use though...maybe Bon Bon? She's got a cute design.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2013, 05:46:04 AM »
They said they won't reveal the prototypes for awhile, they are still in the very early stages of the planning process. The sketches are super cute and a lot of vendors were interested.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »
I love Pop! Vinyl and the pony prototypes look adorable.
I have a litle Pop! Gandalf and would be very interested in Pop! Ponies :)

I don't know what to think.  On the one hand, they *are* pretty cute.  But, on the other hand...this is more proof to me that they don't care about AJ or Rarity anymore.  The "fan favourites" get more attention, because they are sure money-grabbers (which is understandable...a company IS supposed to make money).  I dunno, I'm just irked because those two are my favourites :P  I wouldn't be as uptight about it if Pinkie or Dashie were my favourites lol.

I'm tired of this trend as well.
I think it's absolutely understandable that they are producing the fan favorite BG ponies as well, but to switch two of the main characters with them?! That makes me a little angry.
AJ and Rarity are my favorites and I get so bored with all the "let's only make merch of the Brony favorites, the other fans can have the endless stream of Main Six brushies".

Wasn't this incarnation of MLP all about the theme that "there are many ways to be a girl"? Well, obviously fashion/creativity and farm work/family oriented stuff are not so much desired in the line-up anymore :P ;)

I hope they'll make a second line that will include Rarity and AJ (just like I hope Nici will make a second line that will include Fluttershy, Rarity and AJ)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
I'll definitely have to grab Fluttershy. I'll likely also grab Drama Pony just because I already have the SDCC version and the Funko vinyl and I'm planning on getting the brushable once it's released.

I saw some Adventure Time Pop! figures in the toy fair pics and I want either Jake or Marceline. I'm sad there's no Princess Bubblegum, though.

How much do these figures normally go for and where can I likely find them for the least amount of money? I know Barnes & Noble carries some of these, but they seem to like over-pricing everything, same with Hot Topic.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:55:38 AM by ShortyBoo »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2013, 10:54:24 AM »
Not gonna lie, I'm getting annoyed at how Rarity and Applejack always seems to get the short-end of the stick compared to the other four mane girls as well. I get that the other four are really popular, same with DJ Pon-3 and Ditzy, but really? They couldn't just have added the other mane 2 in, and maybe pull a "chase" with Ditzy and/or DJ Pon-3 (as annoying that would be)? :(

I do think the Pop! figures are cute, and I'd likely get the Ditzy and/or Twilight figures. :) And I do look forward to seeing if/how they release other MLP characters like this.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »
I'm surprised there's a Fluttershy. She gets left out of stuff almost as often as Rarity and Applejack.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »
I'm surprised there's a Fluttershy. She gets left out of stuff almost as often as Rarity and Applejack.
I'm surprised she is included too, but in a way I'm not since I know she has more fans than Applejack and Rarity. But it is a bummer that Fluttershy also gets left out as well, even though you do see toys and merchandise of her more often. :(

And I think unless you go online, Barnes & Noble and Hot Topic are the best/easiest places to get them. I think maybe GameStop sometimes have Funko Pop! figures, but I doubt they'd get in MLP ones.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2013, 02:23:26 PM »
Not gonna lie, I'm getting annoyed at how Rarity and Applejack always seems to get the short-end of the stick compared to the other four mane girls as well. I get that the other four are really popular, same with DJ Pon-3 and Ditzy, but really? They couldn't just have added the other mane 2 in, and maybe pull a "chase" with Ditzy and/or DJ Pon-3 (as annoying that would be)? :(

I do think the Pop! figures are cute, and I'd likely get the Ditzy and/or Twilight figures. :) And I do look forward to seeing if/how they release other MLP characters like this.

I think they're usually around the $10 mark in the US? No idea where you could get them, in a physical store though. Sorry.

For any Australians: In Australia they retail for around $15 and I've seen them on PopCultcha.com, Minotaur in Melbourne, Toys R Us has had some of the Marvel ones, a South Australian based shop named Kollectable Kaos gets them. And Mighty Ape has them too, not sure where they are based.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal