collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: TIME WASTER.....Ebay-er crystaldrake????  (Read 1446 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
TIME WASTER.....Ebay-er crystaldrake????
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »
Time waster. I got offers for $2 each for some of my ponies listed as BIN/ Best offers - offering FREE shipping. AT least make an offer that will minimally cover the cost of shipping!

She offered $2 each for 7 of my ponies... I told her I would sell ALL 7 for $55 and her response was:

I normally try to purchase ponies for around $2 per item. As the costs of shipping and time need to be covered, I try to make it worth your time and effort by making offers on multiple items.... with the thought that there may be some items which you might not want to deal with anymore. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Furthermore she sells ponies and knows the value.... And the e-Bay/ Paypal fees....

Sorry for the rant, but I hate NPB and time wasters.

Update:

Dear crystaldrake,

If I wanted to sell them for $2-3 each I would have listed them in lots. Not to mention I can see that you know the value of ponies from your sales and you list your BIN at $10, so that to me says you want to make a profit on my own ponies.... I can see you offer no less than $10 on the ponies you try to sell.

I am a collector and I know the value of a pony, and also you being a seller yourself know the fees associated with Ebay and Paypal alike.

Thank you for your time and best of luck with your sales. I can see most of your ponies have done quite well!

- chipsterj

Dear chipsterj,

Actually, you are incorrect. I have two ponies listed for $10 that I currently do not believe will sell. They are trials based on EBay's current listing sale. I normally sell ponies at $4.99 with free shipping. The ponies cost $2 each, the shipping costs $2 (usually around $1.8), and the remainder pays EBay/Paypal fees and the cost of the shipping packaging materials. A few ponies I sell come in higher than that, most sell at that same rate. Prior to that, I listed all ponies for $0.99 at auction plus actual shipping costs.

So, why do I do it if I don't really make a profit? My daughter is 10 years old and she has decided that her new mommy/daughter activity is making ponies pretty so we get them, fix them up together, and then resell them. I don't do the collector thing... I'm just doing it to have fun and spend quality time with my daughter.

Also, please note that the "Best Offer" settings on EBay allow you to set a minimum dollar amount that you will accept. So (for example) what I sell to make money on EBay is Irish things... I recently sold an Aran sweater which I paid $30 wholesale for it; therefore, the minimum Best Offer amount I would entertain is $35 (to cover costs) so I set the Best Offer minimum to $35 as this would cover the product cost and any selling fees and then automatically reject best offers lower that that.

Again, I do not wish to offend you. I am just looking for project ponies for family time.... and I'm not a collector and don't know the value of ponies.... which is why I have owned much of what you have listed and sold it to other for *under* $10 (yes, with combs, bottles, hairbrushes, ponywear, and various accessories).

- crystaldrake
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:18:13 AM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: TIME WASTER.....Ebay-er crystaldrake????
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:24 AM »
WOW! That is not even a fair price to ask with free shipping. It cost that to ship the pony!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:44:57 AM »
She's a member here:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php?action=profile;u=15999

I am sorry Chip, you are right those are completely unreasonable offers in my opinion.  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »
You can always add her to your block list (to avoid further offers).

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:19:35 AM »
Thank you ponylady!... Looks like a re-seller to me...

If you want to spend quality time with your daughter why not target baits. Make those pretty then re-sell them?

Original post updated.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:33:37 AM »
That's a bit annoying- nothing wrong with re-selling that I see, but $2 a pony is a steal.   That used to be my goal purchase/sell for price for BIG lots (to avoid the hassle of buying one by one or selling extras/baits one by one)-  almost 10 years ago.  I imagine the prices have come up somewhat since then, even for common ponies.

That person is a member here, but her only posts are sale posts. 

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 09:45:36 AM »
LOL!  I see bait ponies sell all day long for $3-4 EACH.  It is really sad to see this happening.  Why not just be honest and buy lots FAIRLY like other sellers?

There are plenty of fakies at WalMart that my child and I could "pretty up."

Good for you standing up for yourself, Chip!

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:27:23 AM »
yep, I had her last night. I declined and blocked. Dont even bother to write these people.

wingsinmoonlight

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:30:53 AM »
Me too!!!
Exact same verbiage- except she offered on 20 of my items!!! Took me over 15 minutes just to clear out her junk offers!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 02:17:44 PM »
Oh for goodness sakes. Every time I think I have heard it all something like this happens.  If she wants to fix up ponies there are tons of baits on ebay.  Something just doesn't add up with the stories there.   I don't understand the logic.  I suppose even a member here might not know a lot about ponies but gee thats kind of odd.  Its fair to make any offer though, but you are right that is just a waste of time.  I don't think I would have written her at all, just denied the offer.

Post Merge: January 31, 2013, 02:18:47 PM

Me too!!!
Exact same verbiage- except she offered on 20 of my items!!! Took me over 15 minutes just to clear out her junk offers!
Good Grief seriously?

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 06:00:59 PM »
  I saw your auctions, Chipsterj, those were nice ponies, too. What would there even be left to fix up? This sounds kind of fishy.
  I guess now I don't feel bad for bidding only 40 bucks on that Lightning. :P
I'll put something here some time

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
Thanks for letting us know!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »
I actually just bought a pony from her... Kind of wishing I hadn't now, but what's done is done.

Strange how she needs ponies to "fix up" when in her introduction post on the arena she said that she had only restored something like 50 of her ~150 childhood ponies... This really does stink of re-seller. I'm not really buying the "mom and daughter hobby" story. If that's the case, buy baity ponies that you can REALLY clean up, don't waste people's time trying to get their ponies for cheap (and sell them for twice as much.)

ETA: ...Yeah, I just went and looked at your eBay sales. There's nothing to "fix up" there.  :huh:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:20:30 PM by Prince Primbrose »

Offline prettypony55

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 10:08:35 PM »
I just looked your sales on ebay, and your ponies are beautiful! They certainly dont need any type of fixing up. Somthing is definatly going on with this person. I would just ignore her, and not take her offers.

Plus- her feedback is set to private, so you cant see what she bought. Has she been buying lots of ponies, to fix up? I dont know, it just sounds fishy to me.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 04:10:20 AM »
:blink:  $2 a pony?.. with free shipping?... :faint:

I thought I recognized the name :awake: She was last here a few days ago so she may be reading this soon. If she does , then maybe she will learn something about making offers.  $2 a pony might work on a giant lot of baits but not much else - and your ponies arent baits Chip! sorry to hear she 's been making low offers to a lot of other people as well. It does look like she is a reseller and hoping to make a ton of cash rather than doing a hobby with her daughter...

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal