collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it finally safe to order from Dollyhair again?  (Read 8883 times)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Is it finally safe to order from Dollyhair again?
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 02:33:40 PM »
I have ordered twice recently. Both arrived fairly quickly. Although I got the "we're a little behind" response the first time. All of the hanks were 17g+. With the most recent order (which was larger than the first), a couple were over 22g and I received two free hanks that were both about 18g. So, overall it's been pretty good.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 04:50:55 PM »
good news finally!!!! looks like she straightened the road, i hope no more problems :)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2013, 07:29:31 AM »
I received my order few days ago. All of the hanks were really good sized and I even got some extra. But they sent me one wrong colour.. Too bad it was the one I needed the most.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:30:17 PM by Evelynea »

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2013, 07:35:51 AM »
I placed and received an order recently. All of the hanks were great weight, correct color and they arrived in roughly the same time frame as before. I still plan to make orders with Dollyhair.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2013, 09:21:54 AM »
my huge order arrived safe and sound. all passed the eyeball test (i dont have a scale but i can usually tell by lookin at it if its skimpy) and she even tossed in 3 random freebies since i mentioned my concerns about hank weight (my last ones around christmas time had a few thin hanks)

im a happy girl and plan on continuing business with her. :lovey:

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 11:26:46 AM »
Star Dragon, i emailed Tina about my order and got this reply :

Unfortunately, we fell behind with our shipping. We're still working very hard to catch up. Orders from the 21st are being shipped today. If you're in the U.S., then you'll receive an email with your tracking # once we ship your oder. I am so sorry for the delay! Thank you so much for your patience ;)

got the reply the day i sent it (yesterday) so im thinking well prolly both get our orders sometime this upcoming week. she sent me another email this morning appologizing about the delay and that they had falled a tiny bit behind on shipping but theyre back on track now. =D

Thanks, Eluluu!
My order arrived on Thurs, about 11 days after I ordered. Overall I am pretty happy :) I would definitely buy from her again. The hanks were all pretty even and about 15g, one must have been closer to 18g, it was very bulky.
I even got a free gift!! I got Dusty Rose. A very pretty color that I've never ordered before..

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 11:33:33 AM »
I got an email that my order shipped 10 days after I ordered.  I sent an email complaining about that, after a few days I got an apology and an offer of 2 free hanks.  I find it curious that some folks get a free hank thrown in their order, others get two, still others don't get any.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »
i mentioned in the 'anything else you want us to know' field that i was concerned about the hank weight(a couple from my last order were kinda skimpy but i didnt hound her about it cause i dont like making waves and im generally kinda lazy lol), and that i hoped id get the hanks that were newer since shes doing more spins since i was making a huge order (about $70 of hair) and didnt want to hassle her with 'this this this and this are thin' and so on. and she sent me 3 freebies. prolly to make up for the previous order that i mentioned and cause it was a monstrously huge order. =]

Rainbowsprite

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 12:25:50 PM »
Ive ordered from both, the Dollyhair one arrived first and the MLC one came shortly after. There has actually been notes that shipping will be late due to serious family matters. If you like their page on facebook you can see that.

In Australia i think it took about 2 weeks to arrive, but i expect that on pretty much all my orders not in Australia

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »
I received a big order in maybe 10 days after I placed it. There were no missing or mixed up hanks and two freebies (Brambleberry and Tennis Ball), which was kind of nice :3

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2013, 01:29:40 PM »
Im still waiting for an answer to my email. :huh: As I said before, hank size etc were all okay, but I received the wrong colour. It took 3 weeks for this order to arrive, so I will probably have to wait for another 3 weeks to get the missing colour.. If I would first get an answer. Mistakes happen to everyone, and ive had only good experiences with Dollyhair, hopefully this will get fixed too.

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2013, 07:58:48 AM »
booooo i talked to fast, i hope your order apear soon

Offline Mana_Mihara

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2013, 11:52:38 AM »
I placed two orders within the last month and both arrived within 2 weeks, and the hanks were of good size. Planning to make another order within the next couple days. I reviewed free gift hanks with each order as well. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ManaMiharasCustoms

Offline Tabbyclaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »
All of the hanks were 17g+. With the most recent order (which was larger than the first), a couple were over 22g and I received two free hanks that were both about 18g. So, overall it's been pretty good.

While overweight is obviously better than underweight, what this says to me is that there's still no consistency, which is still a problem.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2013, 03:46:51 PM »
I recently ordered a couple of hanks and received them with no problems.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal