collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who are you? What do you look like? Tell Us More!  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you? What do you look like? Tell Us More!
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 09:16:31 AM »
Few decent pics of me exist :silly: I avoid cameras, but here's one of my senior pictures from 2006/2007 (I haven't changed much at all, it's kinda scary):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm 24 and live in Oregon, WI. I currently have 3 part time jobs (at a game store and 2 libraries), love manga, anime, video games and of course MLPs. I'm a huge fan of Pokemon games and Fire Emblem especially (playing the translated rom for FE12 right now, super excited for Awakening on Tuesday, and half of one of my tall bookcases is dedicated primarily to Fire Emblem stuff). Speaking of bookcases, I have 3x 6 foot tall ones in my room, and they're just about full with various manga, a few novels and several doujinshi. Some of my favorites on those are Pandora Hearts, anything by Chika Shiomi or Arina Tanemura, Vampire Game, Fullmetal Alchemist, Natsume's Book of Friends, Reborn, Juvenile Orion and RG Veda. There's a mess of stuff I still want to add to them too.

I love fantasy stories, and currently my favorite series is Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. There's a mess of other novels I've seen working at the libraries that I want to read too, but 24 hours in a day just isn't enough :drunk: I write a little too, but I get distracted fairly easily so it can take me a while to make any real progress.

I know a little Japanese (self-taught) and would love to be fluent in it someday. I've gotten better at reading it, although kanji still gives me trouble. I'd also like to find a full-time job at some point, ideally a library job in processing. I love music, primarily alternative rock (Goo Goo Dolls :heart: ) but I have a fairly wide range of stuff I enjoy listening to.

As for my pony collection, I collect mainly G1 and G2, with a few G3s. My US G1 collection is just about finished (not including accessories), and my UK collection is almost there, but I'm focused mostly on Nirvanas. I have... roughly 800 or so ponies, it's been a long time since I've counted, but many are in storage since I don't have the space to display them all right now.

Overall I'm pretty much a tomboy who collects ponies :)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 09:47:37 AM »
Outside of the internet my name is Lucy but I've been going under 'starrypawz' online since 2004.
I live in England, and have a seven year old westie named Barney. I've grown up with animals, spent most of my childhood with a cat named Shelley.
I used to horse ride when I was younger.
I like to draw, write and sometimes take photographs. I love to read, mostly fantasy and love Discworld.
 I spent too much time playing video games I love RPGs, especially stuff by Bioware as well as Assassin's Creed. I love Star Wars and have been pretty obsessed the last few months with 'Star Wars: The Old Republic', (partly due to some of the male companions in game, XD)
I love animals, pretty much everything. I love wolves, horses, big cats, birds of prey, bats and reptiles.
I like the colours purple, turqoise and black, I like unicorns, dragons, pirates and as well as ponies I collect unicorn/pegasus/horse plushes, have a mini collection of Dinosaur plushies, Carebears, and wolf/husky plushies
I studied animal care for four years and now volunteer at a Blue Cross animal shelter, mainly as a dog walker/cat cuddler.

This is me, with one of the cats we have there at the minute.  Her name is Pebbles.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2013, 09:57:12 AM »
I love reading all of this stuff and seeing all of you guys! Thanks for sharing!!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 07:12:15 AM »
I just saw the new picture thread where lovesbabysquirmy posted the link to this thread, and I love reading all the posts and watching the pictures! So I decided to make a post too :)

I'm Skelletonimp. My real name is Ilse. I'm 23 years old and live in a small town in the Netherlands. I have an amazing boyfriend who's a year older then me. I still live with my parents, but my boyfriend got his own house in August 2012. I'm moving in as soon as I have a job. We've been together since July 2011.

Since I collect ponies I started appreciating colors a lot more. There's only one color I still don't like: orange. But I'll bet that will even change sometime. My favorite color is red, but pink is a close second.

I used to be a goth/rock girl (I listened to the music since I was 10, but only could afford the matching outfits when I was 16.), and went to cyber industrial parties. But the people there let me realize that that's not what I want in life.  I still like rock/gothic/metal and all of that music, and still like to wear rock clothing, but I changed my style completely. I even like to add pink accessories to my outfits now ;)

I own 4 rats and 2 Shetland ponies myself, and my parents have a dog, a cat, 3 bunnies, some chickens, some fish and my sister her horses live here too (2 horses and a Shetland pony).

My hobbies are of course my pets, scrap booking, collecting things and I also enjoy gaming so once in a while (I used to game every day but real life is so much better).
I collect My Little Ponies, fake roses, small Lion King plushies, Cerberus statues, Lion King on VHS (all the different boxes) and I seem to collect mugs (every time I see one that I like I get it from my mom, she's so sweet).
Something I like to do as a hobby and sometimes get pay for is modeling. I don't do it for a living though, I'm looking for a job for atm.

This is a picture of my and my boyfriend on our first vacation trip together:

Another one of us:

One of my after a photoshoot. I really like my hair curly like this:

One with an awesome little goat. This is not at my house, but over at a friends place, where my 2 Shetland ponies are staying.

(for my modeling pictures you can visit this link: https://www.facebook.com/TypicalTish/photos_albums )

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 08:05:33 AM »
Nice thread! Bunch of good looking lovely people on here!  ^.^

I might as well share too  ^.^

My name is Tiffany
I am 20 years old - born December 1992
I am blonde naturally wavy hair, blue/grey eyed and 5 foot 3 inch
I live in northern England, currently at university in York - United kingdom
I have lived in rural parts of the UK, very small villages! However, York is more like a small historic city which I currently call home!

Been pony collecting ever since my mum brought home G1 Bowtie, AJ and Tootsie from a local charity shop

I moved to the middle east - saudi arabia when I was 12 cos of my dad's job. I lived there for 5 years...until I finished high school and got my international GCSEs at 16 (basic leavers qualifications)
Moved back home to boarding school for sixth form until 18 got my A-levels and applied for uni...

Most important life moment - I met my current boyfriend at boarding school he was the year above me! Still together 4 years later <3 hoping to get married once we have both graduated and got jobs etc!

Always had pets! Mum has had king charles cavalier spaniels since ever as well as rescue dogs. I have had dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, fish and cats. Currently have 2 dogs and 2 cats where my parents live in Saudi! I miss them a lot! Cant have any where I am living currently also cant afford right now!

Favorite colours - red, pink and black  ^.^
I love collecting MLP and related items, music, fashion and sunshine!  :biggrin: So glad I can go abroad to family to actually see some!
Currently at uni studying psychology, hope to do something in this field later!

Here are some pics of my life :P
My mum and I with Tilly <3

Me @ 11 years old with Tilly and Sabrina (Sabrina is still alive today!)

Funny pic of my two current doggies! (protects their eyes from sand and sun over there)

Sabrina is on the left :)

My boyfriend and I at my sixth form leaving ball '11

More recent bf and I <3

Most recent! Fringey and I got my teeth fixed!!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:08:23 AM by mylittleponylover92 »

January Joy

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
My name is Rose. I'm 23 and I was born in New Jersey, but I'm currently living in a small town in upstate New York with my mom, four cats named Lily, Sebastian, Lulu and Blair, a German Shepherd named Jenny, and my betta fish, Big Red. Unfortunately, due to depression and laziness I screwed myself over when it comes to school, so I am just working dead-end retail jobs to get by, pay my loans and help my family until I can afford a car and then be able to go back to school. This doesn't leave a ton of money for enjoying MLP and my other hobbies, so when I'm not working, I'm usually drawing or playing video games. Since moving here, I haven't really made any close friends so I guess I could say I'm a little lonely in that department.  :blush:

When I have extra money to get out of the house, I enjoy cosplaying and go to an anime convention or two per year, and I live near quite a few historic sites so I frequently take walks about just to enjoy the scenery. I'm also into lolita fashion, although I only own a few pieces since it is an expensive hobby, to say the least! Here's a photo of an outfit I've created with the items I have so far. Please forgive the mismatching shoes, they sent me the wrong color but the pink ones are on the way. :)

Here are some more photos taken on vacation in the Adirondacks of upstate NY...My family has a simple little 1800's farmhouse there that has been in the family for a long time. It's not fancy but it doesn't have to be since we spend most of the time out by the campfire, or at the lake. :)

Beautiful sunset over Schroon Lake:

The view from a mountain we hike every summer called "Phoebe's Knob" - Not sure if this is the official name of the mountain but that's what my family's always called it. It's probably about a 3-4 mile hike. The view at the top is the best!

My cousins and I at the top of the mountain! I was a little heavier back then, sorry!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2013, 10:15:47 AM »
I love these threads...it's so nice to see everyone in their own element, and learn OTHER stuff about our members.
*waves*  Outside of the internet, I'm Mandy...I've been barbgirl1999 online since FOREVER ago.
I was born in 1981 (wooo, 80s kid!) so I'll be 32 this summer.  My birthday is in June, so I'm a Cancer for anyone who's interested in that kind of thing.  I'm from Mississippi (USA) and have lived here MOST of my life.  I did move to Vermont a few years ago and lived there for 2.5 years.  My husband is 25, and he's from Montreal.  We met on the internet several years ago, and our 2 year wedding anniversary is in May.
Right now we live with my grandfather, two rabbits, and three guinea pigs. 

Along with my ponies, I collect all kinds of dolls, lots of Disney stuff, and lots of vintage toys.  I am also in love with vintage Pyrex/Corningware.

I am a console gamer...we have all three major consoles and we actively play all of them.  I love zombie games and any survival horror.  I'm also a big fan of RPG-type games.  We also try to go to at least one comic/anime/fandom convention each year.  I'm a big con nerd, lol.

I love to go walking, especially around cemeteries and the historic places around my home.  There's lots of history in MS, and I love just taking it all in. 

Wedding by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

It was a good day!  #normanreedus #daryldixon #nolacomiccon #wizardworldneworleans #fangirl #bestday #hugs #photoop by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

EPIC Fangirl by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

Bloody #AliceinWonderland #Alice #nolacomiccon #comiccon by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

Bunny Loves &lt;3 by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

Lap full of #cute #guineapigs #guineapig #cavy #instapet #pets by barbgirl1999, on Flickr

~Rodan+Fields~

nollilols

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »
My name is Nollaig. I'm 25, I was born in November '87. I was born and still live in southwest Ireland. I'm living in Cork city with my brother and my Syrian hamster Boo (named after Boo Radley), and working in University College Cork as a sort of jack of all trades in the computer training centre. As you do after graduating with a degree in Philosophy and English Lit. I do staff training, but there are other projects and web maintenance involved too. I absolutely LOVE it.

In my spare time (which I absolutely do not have enough of!) I tend to read and review books (I moderate a book forum), draw a bit (mostly digital art, Disney and other animation - started with a desire to replicate Lion King scenes and expanded beyond that), and I love gaming. I come from a family of nerds/gamers so we have pretty much every Sony and Nintendo console ever made. I like JRPGs, not gonna lie - and my favourite games are Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 - if anyone knows those, kudos. I also love anime and a lot of Japanese culture (I'd love to visit there someday!), and also BBC shows like Sherlock, Merlin and Doctor Who.

I also like photography, though I'm not very good at it, and I'm an old fashioned romantic at heart. Music is my lifeblood and I'm very passionate about words - lyrics, poems, novels, anything. I have two quote tattoos, and plan to get more. I'm also a proud nerdfighter. That's a pretty apt way to define a lot of things about me.

I avoid cameras like the plague, but.... you can have the ID I made for my DeviantART. That will have to suffice I'm afraid!

Offline Tira-Misu

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • "Not all those wander are lost" J.R.R Tolkien
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »
I`ve been away so long I decided to kinda introduce myself again :)
I´m Heini, 34 years from Finland. Born in 1979, february.  I`ve been collecting from 2006 so it`ll be 7 years in the end of this year. Wow..so long. Time has flown  :shocked:  :P
I had ponies as a child so G1`s are the real ponies for me even thou my daughter, 5-years, has many G3 and G4 ponies. I also have on/off relationship with Monster High Dolls and that green haired Clawdeen I already once sold keeps eluding me..so ;) My family also includes a stepdaughter 16 years and a hubby..a little older than me :)

Me at age..um.. about 12 I think :)

I`m a very outgoing person and this tells a lot about my personality. Here is me and my cousin at a cruise last august :)

And me and my daughters

I fullfilled my dream and applied to a school in the end of the year 2012 and got in. Started studying to become a beautician after over 15 years pause and it is hard and exciting at the same time. As school consumes a lot of time, I still have time for ponies of course, thou not as much as I used to. But it seems that this "craziness" is staying and ponies are part of my life for good.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:05:52 PM by Tira-Misu »

roselalonde

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »
Hi! My name is Catherine, I was born in 1995, and I'm currently a junior in high school. My birthday is in December and I'll finally be 18 this year! I love to draw, and I'm hoping to go to an art school and then move on to working on television shows, mainly either in something like character design or writing.
My favorite color is pink, and I LOVE girly things! I love ponies, flowers, glitter, princesses, and dolls. My entire wardrobe consists of pink floral prints, and I wear them almost everyday~
I also love making my friends laugh and can do a pretty mean G4 Pinkie Pie impression. I love cartoons and comedy shows, some of my favorites being Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Archer.
I have four bunnies and they're all so adorable! There's Mocha, Eduardo, Rausdower, and Butterbeer. Two of them have disabilities (A permanently broken front leg, and the other has a permanently broken back leg), one was constantly being returned to the shelter, and the other is just stupid.
I currently only collect Monster High and MLP, but if I see a doll that strikes my fancy I'll usually pick it up.

Here's a generic instagram photo of me from a few days ago:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal