collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help me fall in love with Operetta  (Read 1941 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Help me fall in love with Operetta
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:11 AM »
Dorie, your pictures are beautiful!  I forget how stunningly pretty Operetta is.  Hefty, I love her new Swing hair style:)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 06:07:00 AM »
Oh my gosh! So many gorgeous pictures of Operetta! You all have made her look stunning! I've been convinced that it's one of those instances where I just need to have her out of the box and sitting with me. :) Now I just need to get her signature release ( which still seems plentiful) and dance class doll. Thanks everyone I really appreciate it. Now if someone could get me to like Draculaura...

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 06:35:10 AM »
The Phantom wasn't burned, he was born deformed, which could have passed genetically.
Oh. Get your facts straight, shock! :snicker:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 09:18:30 AM »
Well here are a few pics I found on Flickr-
Sassy bob
http://www.flickr.com/photos/superqt/7356458188/
Upsweep of Elegance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elizabethdolls/6963625395/
Bedroom Eyes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78845654@N07/8100522499/
Singing in the lounge- one of my favorite pics of her
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nevraforever/6961895257/
This is a custom version of her, but I love it so much, it's soft and lovely
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68976064@N03/7980762808/in/photostream/
I love this updo, very time stamped
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jemboy1973/6926490893/in/photostream/

Yes the scaring is sort of a turn off, but I honestly love that she has them. Everyone has scars whether they are inside or outside of our body. It doesn't keep her from being who she is and she very beautiful doll. Maybe you should google pics of her, it might just be her hair style that you aren't happy with. I tend to not like the stiff hair, I am going to be buying a DDG version just so I have longer hair with more bounce. I don't like her rolls as I thought I would, but I don't want to wash them out because I couldn't replicate them if I needed to.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 10:24:08 AM »
Puku, you are so awesome.
  :blush:

I just hated it with the purple. Red and purple?!?!?!  :shocked: Red. Aaaannnnd Purple, guys.  :shocked:
Are you referring to her lavender skin or her purple shirt? I don't actually have a problem with her color scheme really. I didn't like her for a long time because I thought her skin was actually pink. It wasn't till I got her home and out of the box that I saw that it was in fact lavender (although I think some of the later versions of her *do* have fairly pink skin ~ it may be a China vs Indonesia thing).

Anyway, I also felt like she should be Parisian and elegant and not a Southern cougar living under a high school.
What do you mean by "Southern cougar"? Isn't she a "teenager" like all the rest?

I got her rehaired with long, dark shades of purple, and I painted her eyes, but I think I am going to try to redo them with pastels and such  :lookround: (wish me luck) and give her false eyelashes. I have the fabric for a great (hopefully) couture gown to make her when she is ready and maybe then more people will see how beautiful she is. I already love her a billion times more without the garish hair and lips. Actually, when you strip her head down from hair and paint you can really see how delicate she is.
Sounds great. Can't wait to see pics.

Yes, I meant her lavender skin (which I LOVE but not with red). You know, I always hated that red stripe in g1 MLP Powder's hair, maybe it's an old gripe XD

She is supposed to be a teenager, but the voice they use sounds like she's 50 ish years old. I wish they had gotten someone with a cute southern girl voice, like a teenage Applebloom. IMNSHO ;)

I am still not feeling well, so maybe I will try to paint her face today  :yikes: :scared to try new methods:

Post Merge: January 30, 2013, 11:13:27 AM

Psivamp: I love that custom of her! It's funny, but I don't hate the custom of her in the muted red. They do a good job of tying it all togethr :) I do love all the alternate hair styles on her though :)

Shock: Sorry, I could have worded that better  :blush:. I thought about it and it seems to me that it's sad that she is a 'monster' because of a birth defect. I love the scarring and how pretty it looks, like music embedded in her body.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:13:27 AM by Salli »

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »
*snip*
Yes, I meant her lavender skin (which I LOVE but not with red). You know, I always hated that red stripe in g1 MLP Powder's hair, maybe it's an old gripe XD

*snip*
Shock: Sorry, I could have worded that better  :blush:. I thought about it and it seems to me that it's sad that she is a 'monster' because of a birth defect. I love the scarring and how pretty it looks, like music embedded in her body.
Red & purple automatically makes me think of the red hat society, so I think that also plays into her voice sounding 50. XD

I didn't take offense, btw... I googled it & came up with a wrong result. My bad. Embarassing admission: The only Phantom of the Opera I saw was the Wishbone episode & I don't remember it very well. :lol:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Dorriebelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 12:34:18 PM »
I had trouble with her scarring at first, too - heck, even the cute little stitches on Frankie's face gave me pause. So many times I nearly wiped Frankie's off with acetone (I can see you Signature fans wincing !), but then I thought twice. After all, Seal has a gorgeous voice, and if anything, his scars are part of it, not a detriment. I kinda saw Operetta the same way, and I'm glad I took the plunge. Her 'black velvet painting' eyes are simply irresistible !

Wow, those photos are awesome ! If I'd known those were out there, I wouldn'ta posted my feeble efforts ! Michelle53, you're making me blush, thank you for the compliment.  :redface: She's such a great doll to sew for - in fact, I've yet to meet one MH I haven't wanted to create for. Except maybe Nefera, she gets right on my last nerve.

I should follow ebmerc's excellent example, and request Nefera photos, so I can appreciate her !

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 01:00:22 PM »
Here's a RM Operetta pic; I don't think she gets much love. Crappy, quick phone pic, which photobucket made worse. Ugh photobucket, you irritate me lately.

I actually like this color combo. I know all the RM girls got streaks of green, but the added greens and yellows make sense to me. Red/green and purple/yellow are complementary colors, so they naturally accentuate each other. Red and green are just so associated with Christmas I think that in general we just don't like that combination. I like the sig version's golden-yellow eyeshadow for the same reason, I actually think it's nice with her skin tone. From what I've seen in pics anyway, I only have RM so far.

From what I've seen of other people's pics, DDG Operetta looks great in anything.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:18:30 PM by blackestbird »
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
I wouldn't say I am a big fan of Operetta, but I do think her Dance Class doll is prettyfull. <3

Musical Scars by MistrallaMilky, on Flickr
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »
Anyway, I also felt like she should be Parisian and elegant and not a Southern cougar living under a high school.

That's actually what I love about Operetta as a character, the entire Country Music thing.
Her father is the Phantom of the Opera while she is the Phantom of the Opry(!)

It would be boring to have all MH girls be like their parents ;)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »
Actually her voice reminds me of Reba McEntire just a little girly squeal in it sometimes. So when I watch her on the webisodes I envision Reba doing the voice. If they got a good voice actor they could have gotten the blonde girl from the Princess and the Frog, the one that says "Cheese n Crackers".

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 01:56:47 PM »
She is supposed to be a teenager, but the voice they use sounds like she's 50 ish years old. I wish they had gotten someone with a cute southern girl voice, like a teenage Applebloom. IMNSHO ;)
Ah OK. I don't watch the cartoon, so I don't know what any of them sound like.

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »
Salli, you've just outlined every problem I have with Operetta.  The colors throw me so hard.  Lavender with red, (only in my opinion) don't look good to me.  If she were re-rooted in a different color, I could be interested in her.  Also, she SHOULD be Parisian, not honky tonk.  But they had Rochelle, so I'm guessing they had to go somewhere with it.
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 08:37:30 PM »

i think she is pretty :biggrin:

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 08:48:01 PM »
I already adore Operetta but this thread has convinced me that I need to get her dance class doll. I really like everything about her, her colors (red and purple are my favourite colors), her style, her attitude and especially her scars and tattoos! I think they are so cool!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal