collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41459 times)

Terra.Dactyl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1095 on: February 13, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »
So after spending a crazy amount of time, I have successfully caught up to this thread!

I'm super excited for Gigi and the Heath two pack!

Also, Mattel customer service is crazy awesome. I opened my Catrine and found her with this clearish sticky goop on her legs and hair. I was pretty upset and I messaged Mattel's customer service with a short paragraph about it and then the next day they said they'd send a new one out and she should be here withing seven days! I didn't have to send a picture or anything, I was quite surprised!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 13, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
And yes for horned monsters! But I know there'd be a parental freakout at anything slightly devilish or demonic.

Yup  :( I'm not holding my breath because I probably would die, but oh how I dream!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 13, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »
And yes for horned monsters! But I know there'd be a parental freakout at anything slightly devilish or demonic.

Yup  :( I'm not holding my breath because I probably would die, but oh how I dream!

I'm hoping they go there soon- I mean they are MONSTERS for crying out loud-   I think that it is production cost more than anything else.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 13, 2013, 12:48:53 PM »
Also, Mattel customer service is crazy awesome.

Yay!!! That's wonderful :)

Sweet 1600 Lagoona is gorgeous, why do you taunt and not release these lovelies you silly Mattel?!

I like Lala, she's cute, but when I counted up my ghouls I had far more of her than even my favorites. She's so mass produced @_@

I managed to get Roadster La second hand without having to buy that car, so I really love her, but her clothes are cheap and lazy as others have said. If they could slow her releases I'm sure they could have created something better.

Lagoona's a favorite but she is getting the weirdest combinations and what I'd consider some of the worst in the whole fashion line, but that's not her fault  :cry:

As for horned monsters, in some markets that would probably be a no no...but Loki. If you have mythology or a story to back it up it's certainly doable. I agree that it's likely a production cost/trial error like with Skelita.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 13, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »

I'm hoping they go there soon- I mean they are MONSTERS for crying out loud-   I think that it is production cost more than anything else.

I think it's a mix of parental freakout and cost production.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 13, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »
Holy crap! Mind blowing moment!!

I complained to Mattel about Swimline Venus's cracked knee seam, (Very nice customer service, my first time contacting them) they sent me another, and OH MY GAWD!!! SHE HAS A DIFFERENT FACEUP!!! So for all that I've said before about her faceup being the same, I take it back, she has pink lips with an olive eye shadow look going on!! OMG!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Rococo

« Reply #1101 on: February 13, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
Holy crap! Mind blowing moment!!

I complained to Mattel about Swimline Venus's cracked knee seam, (Very nice customer service, my first time contacting them) they sent me another, and OH MY GAWD!!! SHE HAS A DIFFERENT FACEUP!!! So for all that I've said before about her faceup being the same, I take it back, she has pink lips with an olive eye shadow look going on!! OMG!!

Picssssss o__o

Edit: Oh I thought you meant she has a makeup variant! haha (or is that what you meant?)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 13, 2013, 02:47:20 PM »
The first one I found and bought, she had the EXACT same face as her Signature release. This face up is the one that was shown on the prototype picture. I'll try to get a few pics of what I see.

I kinda wanted to keep this one MIB Since I already have another one opened. >,<; And nothing only that, there are some weird brown smudges on her inner thigh and cheek...Not happy with that. I'd want to contact them again to complain about it, but this was the replacement one and complaining on a replacement doesn't seem right to me. >,<;

Would they replace a replacement that is flawed??
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #1103 on: February 13, 2013, 03:34:10 PM »
I think I'm in the unpopular opinion because I love Lala and all her dolls! She's always been my favourite.
Also I'm loving Spectras bed but especially Lagoonas Shower! I might have to get that one, even though I'm trying to stay away from the playsets. I've already broken my '1 doll per character' rule so I'm trying to save any money I can :p

I would have loved if the new DT line was the GFF ghouls. However I'm super stoked to see Spectra with light makeup.

Ohmigosh Melody I'd love to see pics of her new makeup!

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #1104 on: February 13, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
I love LaLa myself! Out of my 33 dolls, 8 are Draculauras!

MissWhiteMascara

« Reply #1105 on: February 13, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
I'd like to see some sort of GFF three pack  :lol:

Maybe a Dead Tired sleepover thing?

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1106 on: February 13, 2013, 03:42:07 PM »
Melody, maybe you can slide the doll out but not detach her from her cardboard so you can try and wipe down her legs? Hopefully whatever is on them will come off!

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 13, 2013, 03:43:05 PM »
I like all the dolls personally  :satisfied: and I am very thankful that Mattel made these neat dolls that I can collect ^.^  they are fun and I love the rush I get when I find a new doll on the shelf and grab it before another gets there before me  :lol:

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 13, 2013, 04:32:06 PM »
Was toodling around on Ebay and saw *two* sellers had pre-orders for Headless Headmistress; one had the vague date of her being out at the end of the month the other said they would have the orders out by March 9th or your money would be refunded. Both want over $100 :P

So it looks like Mattel was sneaky sneaky with this one, if it is true!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 13, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
Was toodling around on Ebay and saw *two* sellers had pre-orders for Headless Headmistress; one had the vague date of her being out at the end of the month the other said they would have the orders out by March 9th or your money would be refunded. Both want over $100 :P

So it looks like Mattel was sneaky sneaky with this one, if it is true!

I saw one of those sellers is also "pre-selling" Wydowna. :wonder:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal