collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41502 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1005 on: February 12, 2013, 09:13:20 AM »
Well I for one am super excited about that ghoulia! She looks adorable

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 12, 2013, 09:14:42 AM »
Heath will be nice addition, but what is up with Lagoona's face?! I will most likely be buying Heath separate, or I'll just have to sell Abbey.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #1007 on: February 12, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »
Heath will be nice addition, but what is up with Lagoona's face?! I will most likely be buying Heath separate, or I'll just have to sell Abbey.
I'll buy her off of you! I don't collect the boys :blush:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 12, 2013, 09:17:32 AM »
I'll buy her off of you! I don't collect the boys :blush:

Sweet! I am curious about her shoes though. I wonder what they'll look like.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 12, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
New pics, hot off the monster high tag!

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

HEATH!!!

I was just about to post this! Squee!!! I'm so excited!!!! I think he actually has hair and not molded plastic hair like Holt!

I have to admit, I would prefer plastic hair. Translucent.
I'm not sure if I like him yet, the pic doesn't show enough of him. His outfit looks boring (I was hoping they would come up with something new) and he appears to have a normal "guy mold" for a body, which would make him slightly bigger than Abbey, which would kind of piss me off.
His shortness compared to tall amazon Abbey is what is so endearing about him (to me). If I had him I'd probably chop off his legs and make him worthless XD

I think I would prefer the plastic hair for the translucency since he has fire hair. I do love his letterman jacket! He's adorable!

Mhm! I love the jacket. I just think the rest of him looks boring. It's just how he looks in the webisodes; jeans and grey shirt. Im all for fabulous looking guy dolls *fg*

It looks like the GNO line is going to be a slim box line..... or is that just me seeing things?

You are correct. They are a budget line.

Me and my wallet are thankful. I really need that "Magic Show" Spectra!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #1010 on: February 12, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
"Magic Show" Spectra
Ahahaha, that's what I thought too xD

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 12, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »
Heath!!! I'm trying to reach through the screen but I can't get him!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 12, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »
Is.. is that a periodic table design on Ghoulia's dress? :o That would be really neat!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 12, 2013, 09:26:14 AM »

Spoiler

HEATH!!!

I was just about to post this! Squee!!! I'm so excited!!!! I think he actually has hair and not molded plastic hair like Holt!

I'm not sure if I like him yet, the pic doesn't show enough of him. His outfit looks boring (I was hoping they would come up with something new) and he appears to have a normal "guy mold" for a body, which would make him slightly bigger than Abbey, which would kind of piss me off.
His shortness compared to tall amazon Abbey is what is so endearing about him (to me). If I had him I'd probably chop off his legs and make him worthless XD

I think I would prefer the plastic hair for the translucency since he has fire hair. I do love his letterman jacket! He's adorable!

Mhm! I love the jacket. I just think the rest of him looks boring. It's just how he looks in the webisodes; jeans and grey shirt. Im all for fabulous looking guy dolls *fg*

It looks like the GNO line is going to be a slim box line..... or is that just me seeing things?

I should say I'm not 100% sure anymore now that some people have pointed out the accessories and diary, but the boxes look like budget line boxes. To me, the boxes look too small to be deluxe dolls. They look slightly bigger than budget line boxes, but aren't nearly as big as the deluxe/basic boxes.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 12, 2013, 09:30:11 AM »

Spoiler

HEATH!!!

I should say I'm not 100% sure anymore now that some people have pointed out the accessories and diary, but the boxes look like budget line boxes. To me, the boxes look too small to be deluxe dolls. They look slightly bigger than budget line boxes, but aren't nearly as big as the deluxe/basic boxes.
They might just be making an effort to reduce packaging.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 12, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »

They look deluxe to me. Slim line boxes tend to haver very careful poses so that they fit and these girls are reaching out a bit. Also, I see a journal in Rochelle's box.

Pretty sure you're correct. The dance lines tend to be a more deluxe line (although not as much as say, 1600 or GR). The outfits are fairly detailed, and they come with purses and an extra accessory. I anticipate these going for about what DDG went for.

The boxes don't look as big as the boxes for deluxe lines. At least to me. They look slightly bigger than the budget line boxes.

If I remember correctly, the DDG boxes were a bit larger than the second wave of DotD (the originals had bigger boxes, similar to the "trapper keeper" style boxes the signatures originally had). But regardless, the dance lines are usually considered "deluxe" compared to the wide-release basic lines, like GB and SS. I'll be happy to be wrong if it means GNO goes for $12-$15 though! :)

I'm actually excited that Heath comes in his webisode outfit. This means that when we get his signature doll, we'll get a whole new look! I'm just sad none of the other boys so far have come with their letterman jackets! I also feel that the Classroom dolls tie in more with the webisodes than the other lines do; Lagoona came with that gargoyle egg and the three-eyed frog, which were both from webisodes.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 12, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »

They look deluxe to me. Slim line boxes tend to haver very careful poses so that they fit and these girls are reaching out a bit. Also, I see a journal in Rochelle's box.

Pretty sure you're correct. The dance lines tend to be a more deluxe line (although not as much as say, 1600 or GR). The outfits are fairly detailed, and they come with purses and an extra accessory. I anticipate these going for about what DDG went for.

The boxes don't look as big as the boxes for deluxe lines. At least to me. They look slightly bigger than the budget line boxes.

If I remember correctly, the DDG boxes were a bit larger than the second wave of DotD (the originals had bigger boxes, similar to the "trapper keeper" style boxes the signatures originally had). But regardless, the dance lines are usually considered "deluxe" compared to the wide-release basic lines, like GB and SS. I'll be happy to be wrong if it means GNO goes for $12-$15 though! :)

I'm actually excited that Heath comes in his webisode outfit. This means that when we get his signature doll, we'll get a whole new look! I'm just sad none of the other boys so far have come with their letterman jackets! I also feel that the Classroom dolls tie in more with the webisodes than the other lines do; Lagoona came with that gargoyle egg and the three-eyed frog, which were both from webisodes.

But is GNO a dance line? It doesn't look like one to me. It looks like a "Night on the town" kind of line. You've got the Dance Class dolls that are budget. Either way, I'll happily get Lagoona and Spectra. :lol:

I am excited about that too! I love the letterman jackets! They are so cute! I would love to put one on Deuce!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 12, 2013, 09:37:25 AM »
I'm actually excited that Heath comes in his webisode outfit. This means that when we get his signature doll, we'll get a whole new look!

If there's going to be a Sig version of him at all. We can't be sure if Mattel will go the Jackson Jekyll route with all boy dolls. After all we're still waiting for a Signature Gil :/

I'd advise everyone to buy this Heath and not wait for a Sig release. I will forever regret not buying SS Gil...

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 12, 2013, 09:42:10 AM »
I'm actually excited that Heath comes in his webisode outfit. This means that when we get his signature doll, we'll get a whole new look!

If there's going to be a Sig version of him at all. We can't be sure if Mattel will go the Jackson Jekyll route with all boy dolls. After all we're still waiting for a Signature Gil :/

I'd advise everyone to buy this Heath and not wait for a Sig release. I will forever regret not buying SS Gil...

Oh, I'll definitely be getting both of these, regardless. I'm a completist, so not getting them in hopes of a signature release would leave a gap in my collection! However, I still think we'll get a signature of Gil; the question is when! We had to wait a long time after GB to get a signature Jackson. Personally, I think signatures should be released first, but that's not how Mattel works :P We do get at least one signature guy a year, so there's still hope for a Gil!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 12, 2013, 09:45:51 AM »
I didn't notice this at first glance the other day, but it looks like there's new-styled plushies on the horizon:

Toy Fair 2013 Mattel Monster High 055 by IdleHandsBlog, on Flickr

Oh, I'll definitely be getting both of these, regardless. I'm a completist, so not getting them in hopes of a signature release would leave a gap in my collection! However, I still think we'll get a signature of Gil; the question is when! We had to wait a long time after GB to get a signature Jackson. Personally, I think signatures should be released first, but that's not how Mattel works :P We do get at least one signature guy a year, so there's still hope for a Gil!

I also wish they'd stick to signature versions to be released first, but that's totally how they hook a lot of us who try and stick to one of each character. :) Signature Jackson was heaps better than his Gloom Beach version, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for a signature Gil. So many fans missed out on him and it's absolutely crazy what people are having to pay to track down a budget-line doll. At this point, he'd fly off the shelves.

I'd also accept Invisi Billy if we only see one signature boy this year.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:55:31 AM by Mandy85 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal