collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41587 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #930 on: February 11, 2013, 01:00:38 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with bad seams on the legs of the new Swim dolls? One of my Lagoonas and my Venus have a cracked seam on the right knee. I was so excited to open them until I noticed the cracks. :cry: Now I have to wait and find new ones before I can open and display them.

I am also lacking MH clothes to mix and match. I do have some clothes from some of the dolls I chose to put fashion packs on and some random pieces, but the ones that I do have don't work well together. I have a couple of nude Lagoonas that I got from some lovely members here and I don't have anything to really go with them other than the extra Lagoona stock from my extra Lagoonas that are in other outfits. :cry: It doesn't help that 50% of my collection is Lagoona and the other 50% are random dolls that I'm keeping in their stock outfits except for a few of them.

I am waiting for a few outfits that I bought from a member here to put on them. I did put one of them in her Classroom dress and used her DDG accessories and shoes and she just looks absolutely darling! <3

TL;DR: I need to buy more MH outfits. Especially if I want to keep my Lagoona army growing. :lol:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #931 on: February 11, 2013, 01:29:42 PM »
The bad seams are why I haven't bought any swimline dolls yet. All the ones I've seen....granted only one store has them here yet.....but they've all had bad leg seams.   :cry:

And someone might have already answered this but is Twyla small like Howleen?  Because between the two Gigi looks larger.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:33:56 PM by faunabay »

Rococo

« Reply #932 on: February 11, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »
The bad seams are why I haven't bought any swimline dolls yet. All the ones I've seen....granted only one store has them here yet.....but they've all had bad leg seams.   :cry:

I remember how cheap the first line of swim dolls (Gloom Beach) felt compared to the original signature dolls. A bunch of them had seams that looked as though they were already starting to split, too. :yikes:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 11, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »

And someone might have already answered this but is Twyla small like Howleen?  Because between the two Gigi looks larger.

Yes, Twyla is the smaller mold I believe.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 11, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »
I just came home from Kmart with new Swimsuit Venus!   :biggrin:

Just a heads up for everyone to start checking. No luck on the roller maze 2 pack with Clawdeen. They put out another whole case with Ghoulia instead. :(

Alittle late, but I wanted to point out that Clawdeen is a single RM doll, and Abbey has been re-released as a single too, so if you are looking for Clawdeen amongst the double pack dolls, you won't find her:(  You have to sort through the piles of single pack RM dolls:(
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 11, 2013, 02:34:27 PM »
My guess is budget too. I wouldn't pay $20 for these. $13 (give or take a dollar depending on the store) is about right.

That's hilarious; the budget dolls *are* $20 here.  God, I hate how expensive everything is in Canada, especially since I'm shopping with American funds.

Also, they seem to have stopped stocking sig Venus here for some reason.  I only ever saw a couple of her and now there aren't any at all, even though more Robeccas seem to keep popping up.  I wish I'd grabbed one of her when I had the chance; I love her so much.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 11, 2013, 02:38:48 PM »
Dwaahhh!!!

MH Ragdoll plushies 2.0?!?!

Is anyone else having a problem with bad seams on the legs of the new Swim dolls? One of my Lagoonas and my Venus have a cracked seam on the right knee. I was so excited to open them until I noticed the cracks. :cry: Now I have to wait and find new ones before I can open and display them.
First day opening

Does it look like this???

Ahh justkitter name change!! Grats! :hug:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:42:04 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 11, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
I just noticed that all of the MF dolls have a VIP badge type-thing. I wonder what the story behind them are?
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 11, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »
http://toyfair13.asmzine.com/gallery/mattel/monster-high/index.html HQ pics of the other 3 Picture Day dolls

So much love! :lovey: Operetta's little corset/waist-cincher and her jacket are amazing. I must have all three! God, I'm just sickeningly full of dolly-love today, aren't I. :P

My guess is budget too. I wouldn't pay $20 for these. $13 (give or take a dollar depending on the store) is about right.

That's hilarious; the budget dolls *are* $20 here.  God, I hate how expensive everything is in Canada, especially since I'm shopping with American funds.

Also, they seem to have stopped stocking sig Venus here for some reason.  I only ever saw a couple of her and now there aren't any at all, even though more Robeccas seem to keep popping up.  I wish I'd grabbed one of her when I had the chance; I love her so much.

*shares pain* The prices hurt EVERY. TIME. If only I wasn't 6+ hours from the border (and more like 10 hours from an American city!), I'd be shopping US stores, Canadian retailers be darned  :yucky:

I think PD has replaced the signature doll assortment now? They're being stocked under the "Core Dolls" tag when I see them. I still see the occasional leftover Robecca too, so there ought to be a few Venuses out there as well from that old assortment. But she's always disappeared way faster than Becca.  :( I hope you can find her soon! I can keep an eye out for you, too.

Dwaahhh!!!
Spoiler
MH Ragdoll plushies 2.0?!?![/center]

Cuuute! I wasn't keen on the original plushies (so reminiscent of Coraline! *twitch*) but that Frankie, d'aww!

I just noticed that all of the MF dolls have a VIP badge type-thing. I wonder what the story behind them are?

Backstage passes 'cause the lucky ghouls won a contest to "meet the band"?  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #939 on: February 11, 2013, 03:43:35 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that I NEED NEED NEED Twyla. I like that she's *all* purple now. But she's just breathtaking. Can't wait!

faunabay

« Reply #940 on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »
I must have the PD Frankie of course.   :P  What I'm surprised about though is I might have to get the PD Operetta.   I love her clothes....love that jacket and corset top!!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #941 on: February 11, 2013, 04:06:29 PM »
http://toyfair13.asmzine.com/gallery/mattel/monster-high/index.html HQ pics of the other 3 Picture Day dolls
Awesome, thanks! Looks like Operetta's mole has gone the way of Lagoona's freckles. The ghouls must be going heavy on the foundation for photo day xD

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 11, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »
Awesome, thanks! Looks like Operetta's mole has gone the way of Lagoona's freckles. The ghouls must be going heavy on the foundation for photo day xD

:lol: But gah! *tear* I hope they come back for the final versions, I love those little uniquenesses...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #943 on: February 11, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »
I love PD Frankie. *adds to list* But that lagoona...ugh. She is just hideous to me. It looks like she went into a halloween store and bought the cheesiest 80's costume she could find. *Edit* Does anyone know when Wave 2 will hit shelves?

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 11, 2013, 04:24:28 PM »
So... are all the photos officially done from the Toy Fair? Does that mean that the other reported items that were supposedly there are not going to be shown? (Like the 2-packs and such).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal