collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41862 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #915 on: February 11, 2013, 09:43:37 AM »
Meh to the MF stuff ... I don't think Venus is pink/black hair though. I think that's lighting. I swear I can see a hint of green when I zoom in on my phone. Her outfit is cute enough, but not very plant. :( oh well.

I'm glad that each doll at least has found someone here to live her though :)
Yeah, just looked at a bigger pic, it's the lighting. >,>; I saw a small, tiny green highlight. There goes my idea of pink/black.

I'm gonna ignore the actual descriptions since IMO the dolls look more like:
Clawdeen - disco
Venus - electronica(?)
Abbey - New Age (Does not look Himalayan AT ALL)

I'm hoping MF dolls are a budget line, since they certainly look it, and I'll be glad to see smaller-box doll w/ earrings again.
Since 13W ghouls are gonna be deluxe and the "dance" line with Frankie, Clawdeen and Draculaura are gonna also be deluxe (I'm assuming) ETA: Forgot about the Ghouls Night Out. >,>; Then there's a possibility that this line could be a budget line, which would be even better!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:45:37 AM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 11, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »
So what's the deal with only one Nefera? Not that I'm complaining because my one Nef is enough, but still, it seems a bit unbalanced seeing as we have three Howleens now.

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #917 on: February 11, 2013, 09:56:14 AM »
Okay, liking Twyla -much- more now http://toyfair13.asmzine.com/gallery/mattel/monster-high/slides/DSC07055.html

So what's the deal with only one Nefera? Not that I'm complaining because my one Nef is enough, but still, it seems a bit unbalanced seeing as we have three Howleens now.

Yeah, they could at least be giving us more Nefera-sized dolls.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
Ohh matching torso AND New head mold for both her had Gigi!! Liking what I'm seeing so far!

As for Nefera, a few more releases would be nice. Not enough of her to go around. >,>;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 11, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »
Okay, liking Twyla -much- more now http://toyfair13.asmzine.com/gallery/mattel/monster-high/slides/DSC07055.html

Oh my gosh, the 13 Wishes Lagoona in that picture is hilarious-looking.  And perhaps pregnant.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 11, 2013, 10:07:45 AM »
Okie, I totally agree. Just some dolls as the same size as Nefera would be stellar. I love that curvy body she has! I'd love to see one of Abbey's big sister in particular. She is a Yeti after all, and they're big!

Post Merge: February 11, 2013, 10:09:03 AM

Oh my gosh, the 13 Wishes Lagoona in that picture is hilarious-looking.  And perhaps pregnant.

Perhaps she's carrying Gil's child? It would definitely explain why her face seems a bit, er, puffy! I would have expected this of Toralei, but certainly not Lagoona!

Overall, I have to say I'm unimpressed with the 13 Wishes line. I like the general idea of the line, but not the execution. And I suppose I'm a bit peeved that MORE new signature dolls are being released before Wydowna who is a zillion times more original, interesting, and monster-like than Gigi and Twyla.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:14:45 AM by tuneful87 »

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 11, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »
The music festival dolls are *so* disappointing.  They all look like they were just thrown together with very little thought to the designs.  Seriously, how freaking hard is "punk" to pull off, and they didn't even manage that. 

Edited to add:  Looking closely at the pics, Venus has a green design on the flocked side of her head.  Interesting.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:15:47 AM by Aeryala »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 11, 2013, 11:35:54 AM »
Love your Venus redesign, Zapper! I'm still loving all the MF dolls, though. :heart: And it'd be great if they're budget-line... it does seem like it, since there aren't even any purses or brushes in the promos?

And I'm loving all the great pics of actual!Twyla trickling out of Toy Fair, too. Her skin tone looks really neat (more purple than Operetta's pinky-lavender, it seems?) and I love her face mold. Hnnggh, dying for her :hearts:

I can't say I'm sad about the lack of additional releases of Nefera, because I didn't even want the original one, but I'd love other ghouls made with that taller body. A big sister for Abbey would be awesome! Or for Ghoulia? Doesn't she have a sister named Moanica in the books? (I haven't read them, I've just seen that somewhere...)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 11, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »
I love 13 wishes Clawdeen so you aren't alone :) her gold lipstick is beautiful :) I am most excited for Heath of course, but then 13 wishes line. I'm still iffy on Lagoona - I'm not a fan of her really, I understand the concept on why she looks as she does but she just doesn't look like Lagoona.

Music Festival is meh. I think Venus is gorgeous the way she is and personally am thinking if they spiked the hair, it would look like DotD Lagoona and I really don't like all that goo in their hair. I think Clawdeen's music festival may be my first pass of buying a doll - I just don't like her at all - especially as others have pointed out, her open mouthed fangs just don't do it for me.

Course I will have to see them in person first :)

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 11, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 11, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »
I'm a little disappointed there were no boys at all-  the artwork was great but where are the prototype boys? 

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 11, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »
I found the new swim line dolls today at Kmart.  I only bought Venus and Draculara, Lagoona didn't move me:(.

I'm honestly holding out for new characters now.  Super bummed about the lack of spiders in the upcoming year.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 11, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »
I found the new swim line dolls today at Kmart.  I only bought Venus and Draculara, Lagoona didn't move me:(.

I'm honestly holding out for new characters now.  Super bummed about the lack of spiders in the upcoming year.

Just because she wasn't at Toyfair doesn't mean she won't be made! She's so special that she must be top secret!!!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #928 on: February 11, 2013, 12:46:22 PM »
What kind of monster is Twyla?

Also I'm not sure if it was posted before, but Gigi has a scorpion theme going on her she has a tatoo on her chest  and some shell things in her arms and legs,. WOW this will explain the hairstyle as well.

See the pic http://toyfair13.asmzine.com/gallery/mattel/monster-high/slides/DSC07065.html

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:49:02 PM by Sapphire-Light »

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #929 on: February 11, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
What kind of monster is Twyla?
She's a bogeyman.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal