collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41607 times)

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #855 on: February 10, 2013, 10:48:13 PM »
Seriously not impressed with the music festival line
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 10, 2013, 10:49:41 PM »
a;lksj;alkjd *explodes* Venus is amazing, Abbey's adorable and Clawdeen is gorg! :heart: :heart: :heart:

SO MUCH NEED :drunk:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »
a;lksj;alkjd *explodes* Venus is amazing, Abbey's adorable and Clawdeen is gorg! :heart: :heart: :heart:

SO MANY GRABBY HANDS!!!!!!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 10, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »

Grabby claws, grabby vines and fangs!!

Venus is the only one I WANT!! Everyone else is just...meh... :unsure:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 10, 2013, 10:54:26 PM »
The Venus is my favorite; her eyes are so beautiful and I love her tattered top. I think this trumps her other two releases so far.

Clawdeen looks weeeeird to me with those eyed and that open-fanged smile which I dislike... I also wasn't a fan of those boots on wave 2 Clawdeen and I'm not a huge fan of them now. She's a real pass for me.

Abbey looks so adorable! She looks like she popped out of Woodstock or something. <3

I agree with you 100%! I adore this release of Venus more than her other two and I will definitely be grabbing her! I don't even care if I get her basic or not anymore. This one is so much better!

Clawdeen is just bleah! Just awful. The color combo just doesn't sit right with me either. I wish they would have had Operetta or Holt in this line instead. They would have fit in much better than Clawdeen.

Abbey is absolutely adorbs! I love her bangs and I just absolutely need her! She is by far my favorite Abbey! I like her Scaris, but this one blows all the other ones out of the water!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
Venus's outfit, color scheme and everything looks AMAZing together, her faceup the most, but arrgh, I wish I waited to see her before deciding on which Venus to bait...*stares at SL Venus with her flocking removed*  -_-

Abbey is all...undescribable, but she gets bangs again!

Clawdeen...I know purple and gold is her color scheme, but omg sometimes there are times when it can get all redundant. Looks almost like PG Clawdeen's Alter Ego or something when she isn't Wonder Wolf.

Venus OMG!!! *Runs around and Squees* :squee:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 10, 2013, 11:04:33 PM »

Grabby claws, grabby vines and fangs!!

Whyyy do we not have a grabby-hands emoticon? XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 10, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »
I may get 3 of her, just cuz I am a completionist and then use the 3rd to boil curl her hair the rest of the way and use it for the soccer fp...

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #863 on: February 10, 2013, 11:19:45 PM »
I NEED that Venus! I have always loved her but her music line outfit is just STUNNING!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 10, 2013, 11:22:27 PM »
I know right?! First it was "OMG Gotta have all Lagoonas!" Then it went to "Gotta have Every Spectra and Lagoonas!!" Now it's *Booty bump* "Step aside you two, Venus takes the cake!!"
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 10, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »
Abbey: Cute outfit, and I love the hair. But I fail to see Himalayan anything here. Unlike Jin and Skelita, I don't think they've ever really portrayed much of her heritage as it ties into real life. Talking about snowman building contests and storing your cheese with your clothes doesn't count.

Venus: I adore her makeup. The outfit is really cute, but it seems more of a fashion pack than a themed outfit. And it doesn't seem very punk or plant-like. Another nitpick- why does she have the same hair? Yes, it's pretty cutting-edge for playline, but it's virtually the same as her last two.

Clawdeen: My least fave. I think the pantsuit is cute, but not very detailed. I don't mind re-used shoes (well, boots), but the overall look is pretty bland. Love the hair, but the open mouth and smaller eyes aren't doing it for me.

While I like it better than DC, this line seems similar; a handful of characters popped into a line with a random title. There's nothing really cohesive about it, and the only character that has any tie to music is Venus. I think I'd like it better if it was just a group of them going to a concert. The description seems to indicate that they represent different styles of music, and the actual dolls fail to deliver on that. It's main selling point to me is another Venus. And no Lala shoehorned in!

One of my friends pointed out that most of Operetta's fashions are music-themed, so putting her here wouldn't really have made her stand out. I sort of agree, but I think she would have made more sense representing a genre of music. And this would have been the perfect line to release another Holt into. Of course, there's still plenty of time for an exclusive three-pack or a case refresh.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 10, 2013, 11:26:32 PM »
That Venus is lovely, really like it a lot. Abbey is ok, not too sure whether I'd be interested in getting her. Clawdeen sadly is a mess... she seems to be rather hit and miss it seems with me. She just looks like a plain version of Wonder Wolf... I prefer her 2.0 boots coloring to this one. Also, what is with the open-mouth smile... I hope it doesn't lead to the drooling look of Draculaura

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #867 on: February 10, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
Er...everyone knows I'ma Clawdeen fanatic but wtf did they do to her? Why does she look like she could star in some off the wall quirky 60's sci-fi show? What genre of music is she supposed to be again? *will bring her home, but will hide her in the back with GR* >.>

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:50 PM »
Er...everyone knows I'ma Clawdeen fanatic but wtf did they do to her? Why does she look like she could star in some off the wall quirky 60's sci-fi show? What genre of music is she supposed to be again? *will bring her home, but will hide her in the back with GR* >.>

I did notice that Mattel has a hard time understanding what hip hop is actually supposed to be... (See DC Howleen). I think they got 1970s disco instead :D Time travelling ghouls!

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #869 on: February 10, 2013, 11:35:53 PM »
She's secretly traveling with the Doctor >.>

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal