collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41481 times)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #720 on: February 08, 2013, 01:23:09 PM »
Twyla is cute but I really need to see what her face ends up being like, the prototype's mismatched face bugs me. XD Gigi is interesting and again a close up look would be helpful, especially if she is all scorpion skinned.

Exciting year, but I will have to make more money.

Hey wait...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

...Gigi's last name is "Grant"? lol
I no rite?  You'd think they could have come up with something better.
I actually like it! She grants wishes. My bestie and me just have this really dumb "Dr. Grant" meme going on, hence why I chose a Dr. Grant gif *is childish*
I understood why the name Grant, but then my thoughts went to Lizzy Grant/Lana Del Rey and those long nails she has!!  :P

Offline Iris

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://shadesofrain.deviantart.com/
« Reply #721 on: February 08, 2013, 01:30:23 PM »
How easy (and or dangerous) is it to remove hands/forearms on dolls?  I'm planning on doing a custom, but the character has long white gloves on.  The idea of sewing itty bitty gloves (especially with the splayed fingers the girls tend to have) seems daunting, so if the arms are pretty easily removeable and I'm not going to risk breaking stuff it might be easier to just buy a replacement set for Nefera and paint the gloves directly onto one set of arms.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 08, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »
How easy (and or dangerous) is it to remove hands/forearms on dolls?  I'm planning on doing a custom, but the character has long white gloves on.  The idea of sewing itty bitty gloves (especially with the splayed fingers the girls tend to have) seems daunting, so if the arms are pretty easily removeable and I'm not going to risk breaking stuff it might be easier to just buy a replacement set for Nefera and paint the gloves directly onto one set of arms.

It's easy. They're made to come off, since you can't dress/undress them without taking the hands off.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 08, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »
Was anyone else disappointed by RM Ghoulia?  When I saw the pics online I was super excited and couldn't wait to get her, but in person she just didn't wow me.  The brain helmet would be the big seller for me, except that it doesn't actually look like a brain at all.  MH stuff is almost always wonderfully sculpted, I don't know why they fell off on that one thing.

Anyway, no point here really, just wondering if anyone else felt similarly, or if I'm just the pickiest MH collector ever.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 08, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »
Was anyone else disappointed by RM Ghoulia?  When I saw the pics online I was super excited and couldn't wait to get her, but in person she just didn't wow me.  The brain helmet would be the big seller for me, except that it doesn't actually look like a brain at all.  MH stuff is almost always wonderfully sculpted, I don't know why they fell off on that one thing.

Anyway, no point here really, just wondering if anyone else felt similarly, or if I'm just the pickiest MH collector ever.

I'm not disappointed because I didn't expect anything good. 99% of her dolls are just horrid to me. Scaris is the only one that I like. For RM, her hairstyle is terrible, her outfit is ugly. Everything about Ghoulia is just ugly. D:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #725 on: February 08, 2013, 04:49:33 PM »

I'm not disappointed because I didn't expect anything good. 99% of her dolls are just horrid to me. Scaris is the only one that I like. For RM, her hairstyle is terrible, her outfit is ugly. Everything about Ghoulia is just ugly. D:

that is your opinion. personally Ghoulia is one of my favorites, so I will have to respectfully disagree.
People have different tastes. I personally think Cleo is boring, and will most likely never own one.  to each their own.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 08, 2013, 04:52:36 PM »

that is your opinion. personally Ghoulia is one of my favorites, so I will have to respectfully disagree.
People have different tastes. I personally think Cleo is boring, and will most likely never own one.  to each their own.

I love Cleo and Ghoulia :D More dolls for me! (Dances) (Gives everyone the boy dolls she finds)

Also, take down RM Ghoulia's hair and remove her glasses and WOW. She's basically one of the most gorgeous dolls ever in my opinion. The green theme worked so well with her!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 08, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »
I love dolls with glasses :D

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 08, 2013, 05:07:34 PM »

Oh.
My.
Ra.

;)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 08, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
I love all the dolls!

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #730 on: February 08, 2013, 05:21:01 PM »

Also, take down RM Ghoulia's hair and remove her glasses and WOW. She's basically one of the most gorgeous dolls ever in my opinion. The green theme worked so well with her!

YES the green works so well with her! I kinda dig her dress too, but Im a fan of neon :lol: but i think Ghoulia is awesome if you take off her glasses.....and i usually re-style her to that her bangs are gone or minimal....love her that way :heart:

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #731 on: February 08, 2013, 05:25:06 PM »
Thank you guys about the hands!! I'll order a set from Mattel.

Rococo

« Reply #732 on: February 08, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »

YES the green works so well with her! I kinda dig her dress too, but Im a fan of neon :lol: but i think Ghoulia is awesome if you take off her glasses.....and i usually re-style her to that her bangs are gone or minimal....love her that way :heart:

I kinda get squicked out by her constant braaaaains/dripping blood theme tbh, though I commend Mattel for even including that little zombie lifestyle tidbit in a line with young girls as a demographic lol. Her dolls are usually lovely in the face though and I like her retro style. Sometimes I really dislike her hairstyles (SS Ghoulia springs to mind).

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #733 on: February 08, 2013, 05:55:01 PM »
I didn't care for Ghoulia at all at first, but she has really grown on me. She's always a "plain" doll, but very pretty for it, and she's a cute character in the show. I love how she's the brains of the outfit.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #734 on: February 08, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »
I love how she's the brains of the outfit.

ba-dm-bah! LOL

they need to stop giving the poor girl bangs.....the bangs are what kill her. to see her worst releases without the bangs (ss) she is really pretty adorable

(and I might be a little weird, but the brains and the blood are my favorite :lol:  )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal