collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41598 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #660 on: February 07, 2013, 07:40:50 PM »
WOW!!! Looks like we have some really great stuff to look forward to this year. New characters! :D
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #661 on: February 07, 2013, 07:43:48 PM »
Also some info on the 13 Wishes DVD:
Monster High™ 13 Wishes DVD

Monster High™13 Wishes marks the third direct-to-DVD CG animated, feature-length film to be released by Mattel’s Monster High™ brand in an anticipated partnership with Universal Pictures. 13 Wishes brings to life the age-old adage of “Be scare-ful what you wish for.” Tired of being under her popular older sister\'s shadow, Howleen Wolf™ stumbles upon an ancient genie lantern hidden deep within the attic of Monster High™. The genie is freed and grants Howleen not 3, but 13 wishes! At first, all her screams come true. But Howleen soon discovers that each wish comes with a dark side and finds herself under an evil spell of temptation that wreaks havoc on the student body of Monster High™. Join Frankie Stein™, Clawdeen Wolf™, Draculaura™, Abbey Bominable™ and the rest of the Monster High™ ghouls on an all-new DVD movie adventure as they strive to save Howleen… and the very soul of Monster High™!

Available: Fall 2013

http://mattelbrandsmedia.com/product.php?category=33&product=23

If you look at the links on the sidebar of that site, it tells you what will be shown at the Toy Fair.

Oh wow! Gigi has freckles!

She has some reallly long nails too. And I think she has some kind of scorpion aspect to her as well. If you look at her arms and legs, there are details that make it look like her skin is plated. (I don't know how else to word it) Edit: And now her hair reminds me of a scorpion tail.

I love the look of the 13 Wishes party dolls, though I wish they'd stop making Draculaura with the open mouth...

Twyla...I love the details, but why make her face blue when the rest of her body is white to grey? It kind of throws me off. I don't mind Lagoona's super yellow hair...her body color is almost teal though...it's kind of strange. And with her lips being just a few shades darker, it makes her look kind of plain but super bright at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:52:59 PM by Okiedokieloki »

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #662 on: February 07, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »
Hey guys,

Mattel has some really nice high-res pics of the 13 Wishes dolls up here: http://mattelbrandsmedia.com/product.php?category=33&product=24
omg i want that lagoona so bad that it hurts

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 07, 2013, 07:53:42 PM »
You know. I think I know what can make me stand that Lagoona a bit more and I hope by the time it comes out this part changes. The lips. The lips melt right into that skin and it makes her look so flat that it makes the hair feel even more gaudy to me.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #664 on: February 07, 2013, 07:54:21 PM »
They've got the Musical Festival dolls listed on the site too, although it just comes up blank at the moment. Better keep our eyes on that site, as they'll no doubt add some pics eventually.

Also, I still think Gigi and Twyla have the harpy and siren heads, which may explain discrepancies such as Twyla's head color not matching her body. We'll just have to wait for some in-box pics to see what their final release versions look like.

EDIT: 2000th post!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:55:53 PM by pukunui »

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 07, 2013, 07:56:41 PM »
Congrats Pukunui! :cheer:

MONSTER HIGH Doll + Playset/Die-ner and DRACULAURA #Y7719 :

Who's hungry? Not one who enjoys classic food, Draculaura has opened a die-ner to offer a menu designed to please the ghouls of Monster High. Classic items include bat-winged tomato soup with grilled cheese, milkshakes and a ghost pie (that sits boo-tifully on the cake stand). Hungry die-ners can fang out at the iCounter in a tombstone stool or on a bench at the coffin-shaped table. The spook-tacular decor features a counter with oven and grill behind it, dangling signage decorated with a Skullete detail, a clock on top of the counter and a mini-Tombbox (jukebox). The food is to die for - and to pay for, at the register before you go! Boo appetit!

MONSTER HIGH Music Festival Doll Assortment #Y7692 :

Ghouls like to groove, and a music festival is sure to be a howling good time! Each of these music-lovers is dressed to express their favorite genre. Venus McFlytrap doll will draw others in with her hip plunk attitude and dress - that's plant punk, for the uninitiated. Clawdeen Wolf doll is ready to rock and roar in an R&B-inspired jumpsuit, looking fierce - as always! And Abbey Bominable defines cool in an outfit that celebrates the music associated with Himalayan heritage. Each doll carries a VIP badge to get them backstage. Dolls cannot stand alone and will be sold separately, subject to availability

They keep adding stuff :dizzy:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:01:41 PM by Sprinkles »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 07, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
The 13 Wishes Lagoona is kinda growing on me after staring at her picture for a few minutes, but I'm still not a fan of the hair. I am liking her skin more. Especially since I've been wanting her skin to be more blue rather than grey/blue.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #667 on: February 07, 2013, 08:07:13 PM »
I am SO stoked! I cannot wait for these ghouls!

On the MHDolls FB it says Lagoona is changed into a fresh-water sea creature like Gil so that is why she is so bright!

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:07 PM »
They've got the Musical Festival dolls listed on the site too, although it just comes up blank at the moment. Better keep our eyes on that site, as they'll no doubt add some pics eventually.
I'd imagine we'd see them at Toy Fair, since that's what the page is stuff for.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #669 on: February 07, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
http://mattelbrandsmedia.com/product.php?category=33&product=25

Guys. GUYS.

Can we talk about this Clawdeen? Have we already talked about this Clawdeen? Let's talk about this Clawdeen again.

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 07, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »

Guys. GUYS.

Can we talk about this Clawdeen? Have we already talked about this Clawdeen? Let's talk about this Clawdeen again.
I will talk about that Clawdeen. She would have been an instant sell for me if it wasn't for the lips.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 07, 2013, 08:21:39 PM »

Guys. GUYS.

I will talk about that Clawdeen. She would have been an instant sell for me if it wasn't for the lips.

Same here. I'm not a fan of the gold lips. I would have loved lilac-colored lips. I also don't like the animal print skirt. I would have preferred something plain to go with the gold detail.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 07, 2013, 08:23:56 PM »
I'm so used to Clawdeen having gaudy animal print that it doesn't bother me anymore... xD. It's always just the AWFUL color combos they come up with for her.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 07, 2013, 08:25:56 PM »
She has some reallly long nails too. And I think she has some kind of scorpion aspect to her as well. If you look at her arms and legs, there are details that make it look like her skin is plated. (I don't know how else to word it) Edit: And now her hair reminds me of a scorpion tail.

Oh you're so right! :nod: But eep, another reason why I do not want... I am very afraid of scorpions. And spiders... still undecided about Wydowna (I know, I know!) :throw:

The 13 Wishes party girls are really pretty. I actually like Clawdeen's gold lips!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 07, 2013, 08:31:43 PM »
Oh gosh, that Lagoona is glorious. I wouldn't have thought I'd like her since her colors are so extreme, but...well, I guess if you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly! :'D And if she stays the same, it looks like she'll be the Lagoona with smaller eyes, too! So excited :D That's what has been stopping me from getting the newest Lagoonas - I'm not so fond of the really large eyes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal