collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41496 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #465 on: February 04, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with Ghouls Alive Spectra's leg falling off?  I gave one to my daughter for her birthday on Saturday, and the leg won't stay on.  Oh poops:(

That RM Draculara is spectacular!  I would *totes* buy her:)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 04, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »
I have found it easier to slide the clip part on sideways and then turning it so they face the front.  Make sure to do it on the side that the top velcro piece overlaps the bottom one so you don't rip or undo the velcro.  This has made it much easier to get the stands on without ripping clothes or feeling like you will break the clip.  I still hate the way the stands tilt back.  I have to go back through some of the first dolls that I deboxed and make sure that the base is actually "clicked" into the stand because some of the stands just come apart rather than staying together and I am hoping it is mainly because I didn't realize at first they actually click together rather than just sitting in the hole.
That's actually how I've been doing it! It's still tight on a few of the stands. >,< I might just try to have them leaning against the wall or something like Rococo suggested. Or until I get a Ghouls Alive doll and try their stand.

Awwww dang!! If only it was real!! Looks very legit too and everything...But if I ended up getting an RM Draculaura, then I'll have to get the rest, and that means tracking them down, and buy them and buying them means more money. >,<; :freak:

If they made like a Target RM 5 Set with Frankie Clawdeen, Ghoulia and added Draculaura and Long haired Cleo, that would be an awesome set!!

Ahh all this talk of RM ghouls is making me wanna watch the special again. XD

I could totally see them doing a RM Target 5 Pack!
Hmmm An exclusive Cleo, Lala would be awesome. but even better if they threw in Clawd, Heath and Gil to the Five Pack would be even more AWESOME!
An All boys RM Target 5 pack!! Deuce, Clawd and Gil with injury accessories (Snake casts, Dog cone collar, water helmet with a huge crack on it), Manny and Heath with Cheerleader pompoms(nvm might cause controversy) RM Gear!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:22 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem with Ghouls Alive Spectra's leg falling off?  I gave one to my daughter for her birthday on Saturday, and the leg won't stay on.  Oh poops:(

I've read that people have had issues posing her.  My issue with her was her arm would not light up at all. 

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 04, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »

I can't remember who originally posted about it, but it is a known problem =/ They stated that like 6 of the ones even in the boxes had their legs falling off. I'd try wrapping some tape around the peg.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:04:47 PM by Rhini »

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 04, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »
Ghouls Alive Spectra definitely suffers from limbs falling off. They just kind of start slipping off or down. Rhini's idea is good to at least hold it in place, I'm not sure I'd want to superglue it.....

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 04, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
Lots of catching up to do!

I'd also check JCP for the Swim dolls.  I saw DT 2 there around the holidays so I assume they would get the Swim dolls too.

Does anyone have a Swim doll UPC handy?  I'd like to try and order them at work.  Hasn't worked so far, but I keep trying :lol:

Congrats on your big win DazzleKitty!  If I won that kind of money, I'd splurge on the MH School!  Or save some for the newest SDCC exclusive.  Or FINALLY get caught up on the newest releases.  Or invest in some of Ravie's re-roots, or PonySeeker's re-paints.  Ugh!  I'll never have enough money :lol:  If that Bratzilla you bought is a Jade in pink, I'm super jealous!  *sigh*  She is so pretty!

Airiel:  I think the newest CAM Add-Ons haven't made it to all the chains yet:(  I've only seen them at Kmart, and it was when I bought them :huh:  I wouldn't panic yet:)

I don't own Ghoul's Alive Spectra, but if her legs are similar to the CAM legs, you can wrap the pegs in teflon tape.  My husband suggested this when I was having trouble moding my CAMs when they were incomplete.  Teflon tape is cheap and doesn't stick to the dolls, just to itself.  It won't leave a sticky residue:)

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes, and wonderful tips:)  I can't wait to start decorating and see what I can find thrifting:)  I'm glad I have such a wonderful community for friends to support me.  You all are the best!

I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 04, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »
lol talk about getting taking care of business. :P

*Rummages through her room* I still have Swimline Venus's Box, and the barcode # on it is: 746775240783 I wish I still had the receipt but I think I threw it out.

Also, if you havne't seen my picture yet:

The new Swimline Venus and Signature Venus have the exact same faceup, only thing different, Swimline Venus is slightly brighter than Signature Venus! I also think her hair is shorter, but not too exact since I haven't taken her ponytail down yet. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 04, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
Thanks Luvly!  I hope hope hope I can get these in my store!

I have seen your photos!  Beautiful as always<3  Glad to see the side by side shot.

She's wonderful!  Congrats:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 04, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »
Argh, so I had to go to the dentist today (so many needles, so much ow :cry:) and I was really hoping the MH gods would smile on me afterwards and reward me for my bravery with a Catrine! But no.  :sad: I did find a stock person who knew how to check her tag on the scanner and apparently they don't even have any of her in the warehouse! What.  -_-

Sooo this is me giving up hunting and issuing an official plea--anyone have an extra Catrine for sale, or could pick one up for me? :heart: I think you guys are going to be my only chance to get her.
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #474 on: February 04, 2013, 07:13:06 PM »
You know what I love the most about Monster High? That it teaches little girls to embrace their freaky flaws. Whether your body hair grows back overnight, you smell like a fish market, or you've had both arms amputated at the elbow:

Besides that set I also found what looked like 4 of Lagoona's Hydration Station playsets at TRU today. Has it been rereleased, or is this just backstock do you think?

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 04, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
Argh, so I had to go to the dentist today (so many needles, so much ow :cry:) and I was really hoping the MH gods would smile on me afterwards and reward me for my bravery with a Catrine! But no.  :sad: I did find a stock person who knew how to check her tag on the scanner and apparently they don't even have any of her in the warehouse! What.  -_-

Sooo this is me giving up hunting and issuing an official plea--anyone have an extra Catrine for sale, or could pick one up for me? :heart: I think you guys are going to be my only chance to get her.

Aww... hugs! If you check the new Walmart mod sheets, there's two shelf spaces dedicated to Catrine, so she's coming!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »
oh gheeze, no arms!! XD As for the HS, I'd assume it's leftover stock...I LOVE that release of Lagoona though, her all soft blue faceup. I hope they stay around long enough to go on clearance.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 04, 2013, 07:21:19 PM »

Aww... hugs! If you check the new Walmart mod sheets, there's two shelf spaces dedicated to Catrine, so she's coming!

Thank you hun! :hug: I was a total creeper and read over the new mod sheet in detail today, haha. With my face all frozen and trying not to drool  :lookround: But the stock person told me the Calgary warehouse had none of her, and possibly none on order (I'm sure hoping that bit was wrong at least!) so hoping some lovely person here can snag one for me!  :blush:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 04, 2013, 07:23:12 PM »
pfffffffthahaha Saply.

But yeah, my TRU seems to randomly respawn the Hydration Station any time we can get out there. And I know for a fact they have tons of old/ancient stock hiding in the back..

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #479 on: February 04, 2013, 07:33:47 PM »
oh gheeze, no arms!! XD As for the HS, I'd assume it's leftover stock...I LOVE that release of Lagoona though, her all soft blue faceup. I hope they stay around long enough to go on clearance.
Oh man, if it goes on clearance I'm nabbing it. I already have that Lagoona but I'd love to get her test tube bed to brighten my desk with #_#

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal