collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41480 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #390 on: February 03, 2013, 10:13:29 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that grzankitter! I hope everything works out for the best for you. Getting a new apartment and everything can be scary, but also exciting and liberating! You're in my thoughts. :hug:

Following up on what mehjohnson said, I furnished half my apartment for only a couple hundred bucks by shopping the local thrift stores. :) Don't forget how much a coat of paint and little love can improve the look of something. I did that with some of mine and they look like whole new pieces.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #391 on: February 03, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »
I'm sorry about that granzkitter.

I found Caterine today as well.

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #392 on: February 03, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »
I'm really going to have to stop following this thread.
I am getting depressed not being able to find any dolls locally to use my vouchers from Mattel, and not having any money to send to people to help me get the new dolls. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 03, 2013, 11:11:01 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes everyone:)  I'm doing fine.  I'll have to check out the thrift shop.  I like vintage stuff, stuff that comes with a history.

My husband bought me a shelving unit:)  It's funny how things work out.  I've been complaining at him for years about needing shelves, and NOW he comes through.  Granted, I've got more room for things now, but that's besides the point.

I think I'll be posting pictures now that I'll have a centralized collection:)  Alot of the guilt I feel about collecting will fade too, with no one at home judging me. 

I just wanted to let you all know.  I'm gonna continue to try to be a completionist, but I know it'll be hard on my income alone.  Plus I mention him alot in my comments, so....yeah.  I'm thinking about changing my username.  It contains my married name, which I won't be keeping:( 

Sunnie: I'm sorry you can't find what you are looking for:(  Don't let it get you down!  Things will work out:)

Congrats Vertefae:)  Glad to hear!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 03, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »
I'm really going to have to stop following this thread.
I am getting depressed not being able to find any dolls locally to use my vouchers from Mattel, and not having any money to send to people to help me get the new dolls. :(

Which dolls are you looking for? I might be able to help :)

Offline Princess_Squishy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 03, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »
Firecracker and I found Catrine in Colorado Springs!  :biggrin:
If you found her in the Walmart on Academy, I'm so jealous. I was there Friday night!
She was at the Jackson Creek one.  I'm pretty sure they didn't put her out until last night, since she wasn't there when I checked in the afternoon.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 03, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »
Still no Catrine at any of my Walmarts here  :( I did find her tag at one, but the stock person was clueless and couldn't even tell me after he scanned it if she was in the back or even on order. He just picked up a random DDG and asked me if I was sure this wasn't the doll I wanted  :hmm: Uh. Right.

I wanted to ask to look at the freaking scanner myself, but I didn't have the nerve  -_-

I feel your pain :( Tags are out, but no dolls. However, they probably won't stock until the mod is done, so patience!

I'm staring at pictures of her while I try to remain patient  :lol: Next time I stalk the aisle I hope I can at least find someone who actually knows how to read the scanner (or will let me look!) XD But yeah, the stores are total chaos... I can't tell if they're actually working on the reset or just making a massive mess!
I too shall try to remain patient. :P

I used to think that, but after seeing what goes down, it's not the workers, it's more of the naughty kids that the parents aren't watching over that are making the messes. Sometimes they'll just let the kids wander off and make a mess.

Hehee, yeah, I'm sure it was probably kids to begin with (former big box retail worker here >_<), but at my two WMs the same mess has been on the same shelves for a couple of weeks now, so I've come to the conclusion that no one cares about tidying the old mod, let alone about stocking the new mod XD

Thanks for the well wishes everyone:)  I'm doing fine.  I'll have to check out the thrift shop.  I like vintage stuff, stuff that comes with a history.

My husband bought me a shelving unit:)  It's funny how things work out.  I've been complaining at him for years about needing shelves, and NOW he comes through.  Granted, I've got more room for things now, but that's besides the point.

I think I'll be posting pictures now that I'll have a centralized collection:)  Alot of the guilt I feel about collecting will fade too, with no one at home judging me. 

Aw sorry to hear about this but glad you are feeling okay! Enjoy planning your new place and fresh start ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #397 on: February 03, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »

I just wanted to let you all know.  I'm gonna continue to try to be a completionist, but I know it'll be hard on my income alone.  Plus I mention him alot in my comments, so....yeah.  I'm thinking about changing my username.  It contains my married name, which I won't be keeping:( 

Sunnie: I'm sorry you can't find what you are looking for:(  Don't let it get you down!  Things will work out:)

Congrats Vertefae:)  Glad to hear!

Sometimes a fresh start is all we need :) it's good to read that. Things seem to be going well with the separation.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 03, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the Scaris Ghoulias have really wonky clothes?  It seems most of the ones I've seen have crooked screenprinting and/or crooked sewing on the front pocket of the dress.  Some of them have been laughably bad. 

Only one of the ten or so Scaris Ghoulias I've come across had good clothes, good glasses, and good paint. 

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 03, 2013, 02:06:03 PM »
From the looks of it (unless they were able to order them from EE or BBTS, which I don't think is possible?), someone had hit up all the Walmarts in my city and is selling the Catrines on eBay. Whole cases included.

I guess that explains why none of the four Walmarts in my city had them last night, but the town ten minutes away had five of her on the shelf. D:
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2013, 02:09:19 PM »
Got an e-mail that Robecca arrived at Walmart, and off to Walmart I went! Before I picked her up, I though I'd check the MH Corner to see if they added Caterine. I Was kinda doubtful, so if they didn't stock her, I'd just leave with Robecca. To my Surprise, they did stock her! Had all 6 of them, and all of them had some kind of errors though. >,<; Eye scratches, lip chips, bleeding eye shadow, so through process of elimination, I grabbed the best one they had.

Went to get Robecca from store pickup, got robecca, who had a near perfect face! Some minor defects, but I'm not complaning. Came home with both of them super totally happy!!...Now super totally broke, too... :( I REGRET NOTHING!! XD

Now I can finally stop hissy fitting and now everyone can start thinking to themselves. "Finally she found one, now she can shut up about not finding one..."

Sorry I've been so quite guys! 
I'm sure you've all been wondering were I've been <--sarcasm

Anyway my life kinda sucks right now:(  My husband and I are getting a divorce.  I know this is off topic, but the reason I mention it is because of the divorce I can't shop/collect like I used to:(

I'm hoping to get out soon and sneek a few more dolls onto my credit card before my husband stops paying the bill for me :nod:  I'd dying to get out there are look since EVERYONE is finding Catrine so easily (sorry Luvly lol)  I've kinda got a thing for the werecats I think.  What I'm really hoping I stumble across though, is the newest CAM Starters! 

I need so much stuff for my new apartment, though.  It's gonna be so hard to justify ANY doll purchase when I need things to survive:(  Ugh!  Growning up sucks!  Don't do it kids:)

Lastly, congrats to everyone who has found their doll grails the past few weeks!  Glad to see (almost) everyone happy:)  I'm gonna head over to the pic spam thread now.  Can't wait:)
It's great to have you back! I'm sorry that had to happen. >,<; :hug: I hope everything turns out for the best!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »
OMG!! My husband is the best!! He just went to Target to get soda and happened to see **ANOTHER** scaris deuce... and picked it up for me...  :biggrin: (first time he has EVER picked up a doll for me... normally he rolls his eyes when I ask him to go near the doll section... )

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 03, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »
Again, thanks so much everyone :grouphug:  You all are the best:)

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the Scaris Ghoulias have really wonky clothes?  It seems most of the ones I've seen have crooked screenprinting and/or crooked sewing on the front pocket of the dress.  Some of them have been laughably bad. 

Only one of the ten or so Scaris Ghoulias I've come across had good clothes, good glasses, and good paint.

I love getting tips like this.  Gives me an idea of what I need to keep an eye out for!  Usually I've already got said doll, but I'm very behind right now:(  I guess that's a good thing ATM:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 03, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »
grzankitter let me know if you spot Caterine.  The store's I'v checked don't have stickers yet but she's already showing up on Craigslist. 

Post Merge: February 03, 2013, 04:05:15 PM

OMG!! My husband is the best!! He just went to Target to get soda and happened to see **ANOTHER** scaris deuce... and picked it up for me...  :biggrin: (first time he has EVER picked up a doll for me... normally he rolls his eyes when I ask him to go near the doll section... )

I've been trying to get you boyfriend to do that but I get "you don't need it"..

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 03, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
I haven't been doing much shopping because of my recent situation, but if I find myself in a Walmart that has her, I'll let you know:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal