collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Choose your three favorite gals with their animal pals!

Entry 1: Jinafire and Drageder
19 (6.7%)
Entry 2: Ghoulia and Sir Hoots-A-Lot
2 (0.7%)
Entry 3: Slow and Steady Wins the Race
45 (15.8%)
Entry 4: Zombie Ferret!
54 (18.9%)
Entry 5: Glamazon
10 (3.5%)
Entry 6: Robecca and Captain Penny
26 (9.1%)
Entry 7: Dinosaur Pal
4 (1.4%)
Entry 8: Vampire and Pony
1 (0.4%)
Entry 9: Nef and Jewel
4 (1.4%)
Entry 10: Venus and Chewlian Dream of Spring
75 (26.3%)
Entry 11: Into the Woods
17 (6%)
Entry 12: Toralei and Sweet Fang
28 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: January 31, 2013, 02:53:05 AM

Author Topic: ANTM - PE - Challenge 5: Best In Show WE HAVE A WINNER!!  (Read 1923 times)

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ANTM - PE - Challenge 5: Best In Show VOTING THREAD
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »
Wow!  Really awesome shots everyone! 

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:26:43 PM »
OMG all these shots are amazing :heart:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »
I just thought of a really fun idea but I'm not sure how doable it actually is since the contestants typically change from week to week and no one gets eliminated. I've always loved the graphics shown on ANTM's wikipedia that display the callout order. Still, I think it might be a fun visual! Example below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Next_Top_Model,_Cycle_2#Call-out_order

Which brings up another factor. At this point this cycle has no end in sight. Would it make sense to eventually come up with a number to end the cycle with before starting a new one, such as the twelfth challenge or something? And then perhaps the member who wins the most challenges over the twelve challenges would be crowned the winner, and if there was a tie, the finalists would face off? I dunno...just me brainstorming aloud!

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 12:32:36 PM »
OMG all these shots are amazing :heart:

I'm partial to a certain few myself.

Post Merge: January 27, 2013, 12:33:49 PM

I just thought of a really fun idea but I'm not sure how doable it actually is since the contestants typically change from week to week and no one gets eliminated. I've always loved the graphics shown on ANTM's wikipedia that display the callout order. Still, I think it might be a fun visual! Example below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Next_Top_Model,_Cycle_2#Call-out_order

Which brings up another factor. At this point this cycle has no end in sight. Would it make sense to eventually come up with a number to end the cycle with before starting a new one, such as the twelfth challenge or something? And then perhaps the member who wins the most challenges over the twelve challenges would be crowned the winner, and if there was a tie, the finalists would face off? I dunno...just me brainstorming aloud!

This seems to be more fun the way we do it now because more of us can join in with our ideas and entries to expand on our photography skills.

Offline 4Lindy

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:39:35 PM »
Awesome pics guys!  There were NUMEROUS photos I could have voted for, and as it is I can't pick one fave!!!!  Awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huge Thanks to Alrak, SourdoughStomper and Mari for my Super Sweetie Siggy\'s!

Offline ivybunny84

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Sisters of the Moon Design
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 01:42:19 PM »
hard to choose! great job everyone!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 01:50:47 PM »
Great work this week everyone! Jordan and her ghouls were on location for a shoot, so they weren't able to enter this week, but they've all voted for their faves!

-snip-

I was wondering about this too actually... And just throwing this out there if there is interest in doing another 12 contestant run like Cycle 1 & 2, I'd be willing to co-host...

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 02:35:23 PM »
Aw I was just to late.. :( but I have my photo done lol

Melissa

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
I was wondering about this too actually... And just throwing this out there if there is interest in doing another 12 contestant run like Cycle 1 & 2, I'd be willing to co-host...
I'd be interested in participating... although at this rate, it looks like I'd be first out if we based it on this week's picture. Haha.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »

I like this idea....cause as it stands things can go on indefinitely -- I think 12 challenges, and crowning a "winner" (the idea of the person with the most challenge wins during the cycle works well)
then start the cycles of public challenges over so many people can continue to participate

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
ANTM - PE - Challenge 5: Best In Show VOTING THREAD
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »
Yeah, jupi, it's the indefinite part that makes me concerned. Sometimes people lose interest when something goes on and on and on with no sort of climax or finale. Everything would still be all in fun and everyone would be able to participate in every round but it would just offer a sense of...I don't know...completion?

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:41 PM »
Yeah, jupi, it's the indefinite part that makes me concerned. Sometimes people lose interest when something goes on and on and on with no sort of climax or finale. Everything would still be all in fun and everyone would be able to participate in every round but it would just offer a sense of...I don't know...completion?

Unless you have a cycle of the regular and a public one on the side to please all?

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 09:12:47 PM »
i dont think tuney is talking about doing a cycle like the last one, but rather than having an infinite number of these challenges, having these challenges in "groups"

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 09:14:40 PM »
i dont think tuney is talking about doing a cycle like the last one, but rather than having an infinite number of these challenges, having these challenges in "groups"

See that sounds better.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
At this point this cycle has no end in sight. Would it make sense to eventually come up with a number to end the cycle with before starting a new one, such as the twelfth challenge or something? And then perhaps the member who wins the most challenges over the twelve challenges would be crowned the winner, and if there was a tie, the finalists would face off? I dunno...just me brainstorming aloud!
If a different person won each of the twelve rounds, what then? And really, even if you break it up into multiple cycles, there's still no real "end" to the thing. I don't really see how that would necessarily help retain people's interest. Perhaps if each future cycle had an overarching theme, that might help. So like one cycle might be "Scaris" and the challenges all are themed around Scarisian things (Scarisian food, Scarisian fashion, Scarisian landmarks, etc).

Just playing devil's advocate here. I'm fine with whatever really.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal