collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Skelita Calaveras: Help?  (Read 299 times)

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Skelita Calaveras: Help?
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:55:05 PM »
Hi everyone! :heart:

I was hoping someone could help me figure this out. My fiancé finally found Skelita for me; we've been looking forever, as she was a 'grail' doll for me. Turns out it was the only one, and the worker who found her for him - he asked him to look in the back for her, had never even seen her stocked either. I mention this because she has such a good faceup, yay! A little dot missing from her nose because of stupid box smears, but everything else is great.

But, there's something weird with her left hand, and I haven't seen anyone talk about it, so I'm confused. It seems like something similar to what goes on with Robecca's knees; I can't say for sure, because I don't have Robecca yet, but I know her knee joints are different to accentuate that she's a robot. My Skelita's left hand though, on the articulation point, it seems to be molded on, like it's part of the bone mold of her hand? Then, instead of the hand moving vertically on the articulation, it moves horizontally. And like, the left hand isn't as clean as the right hand, like its mold? They don't even look the same, because on her left hand it's slit on both sides. I hope this makes sense, I'll include a pic in a spoiler below, but I don't think it'll pick all that up. Now, if it's supposed to be like this, ok weird, but no big deal, but in browsing pictures, it seems like others have hands that move in the normal way. The really crappy thing though, is her hand is torn up around this weird side-to-side articulation point, like since her hands are softer to accommodate the delicate little bony fingers, the joint tore her hand up on the side a little and in particular on her palm.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I hope this makes sense, I feel kinda dumb trying to explain lol. Her hand can't move up and down though, not at all. I can twist it all around like normal, but its actual movement is horizontal, not vertical.

So, is this normal? I mean, I'm gonna contact Mattel since her hand is actually torn where it shouldn't be, but I'm really curious about this left hand.

Thanks! :heart:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:58:42 PM by blackestbird »
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Skelita Calaveras: Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »
Contact Mattel. My Skelita's hands move exactly like all of my other dolls' hands, and there are definitely no splits anywhere.

StormyRavenNeko

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
I actually have a C.A. Cupid that has that issue except with her right hand. It doesn't hurt to talk to Mattel. I never bothered for cupid though - I just have her on display and I didn't really mind the oddity.

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »
Thanks you two ^__^ I didn't think it should be like this, but thought it could be some skeleton quirk too.

I actually have a C.A. Cupid that has that issue except with her right hand. It doesn't hurt to talk to Mattel. I never bothered for cupid though - I just have her on display and I didn't really mind the oddity.

I'm kinda glad someone else has had this weird little issue. If her hand weren't actually torn because of it, I wouldn't mind either. But since Skelita's hands are softer I'm concerned it will just keep tearing, because I do like to repose then on my display. I mean yeah I could just not move that hand, but I shouldn't have to do that, they're meant to be reposed after all.
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal