collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Little Castle and Raised Leg Alicorn Twi  (Read 8724 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: New Little Castle and Raised Leg Alicorn Twi
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2013, 05:19:56 AM »
I'm very happy Twilight gets wings and becomes a princess. All the bronies though.. Lol.. Listening to them whine reminds me of the episode where Rarity meets the Diamond dogs x_x

Post Merge: January 30, 2013, 01:55:44 AM

Btw the other picture with the car.. LOOK AT SPIKE HE HAS A BOW! HAHA THAT IS GORGEOUS!
Idk. I'm not a brony, and well, I don't really like the change myself to be honest. I feel as if the change are the bronies' doing (I mean, if they hadn't made a big fuss about that cardboard cutout last year, it wouldn't come down to this, right?). I have to think this over- I already made my vow that I'll stop buying the toys if they decide to merge the show and the toyline, which is now scheduled to happen.

And you cannot become a princess just like that- it is Not SliceOfLife!

I loved the toys because I could have my own continuity. But forcing the show's continuity down my throat... Sorry, but no.
It has nothing to do with the Bronies/Fans as to why there was a change. It all has to do with the fact that this show is indeed geared to help market the toys, always has been and always will be. From my understanding everything that has been done for this season was in the works a year ago or something, the animators/story board people/etc. already knew about this change.

Don't let what happens in the show ruin buying the toys for you. Remember you -don't- have to get every toy and you -don't- have to really base your own continuity on the show... That's the fun of imagination and all! What do you think little girls do after all ;)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2013, 05:32:21 AM »
     I hope the alicorn TS reveal is really awkward/funny or twisty like she's been an alicorn the whole time but she's been intentionally magically disguised as TS for her protection because she's "the last hope", and she's really P. Skyla(toys disprove that I know) and she finds she's Cadance's sister and Celestia's daughter or some evil character's daughter and her adopted family and SA knew all along like Star Wars.

Or it'll "magically" happen like everything in Power Rangers and be another unintelligent imaginationally devoid toy commercial like the rest of the Hub. I wouldn't be mad though.

I'm think I'm hoping for too much personally, but it's fun to speculate.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:55:44 AM by popyduggan »

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2013, 05:57:49 AM »
I just hope G4 doesn't go the way of G3.5. Nothing but the main characters and the episodes (if you could call them that) completely revolved around playsets. One was Sweetie Belle's house, another one was Pinkie Pie's ferris wheel... 3.5 was spot on accurate at least.

I'm not sure how else we're going to beg Hasbro to make more characters into brushables.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2013, 06:00:12 AM »
I just hope G4 doesn't go the way of G3.5. Nothing but the main characters and the episodes (if you could call them that) completely revolved around playsets. One was Sweetie Belle's house, another one was Pinkie Pie's ferris wheel... 3.5 was spot on accurate at least.

I'm not sure how else we're going to beg Hasbro to make more characters into brushables.
Errr isn't it already nothing but the main characters XD? Mostly...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2013, 06:01:52 AM »
“Our major objective [is] to completely sync entertainment and our toy line,” says Tobin

So it's happening. They've decide to sap off the only reason I hang on to collecting the toys.

It is possible it goes the other way around and more toy related stuff ends up in the show like if they make non Mane 6 bushables they will show up on the show as background ponies or guest characters.

*nods* Yup - this is more likely. What happens in the cartoon exists because the toys are coming - Twilight Sparkles balloon, the Friendship Express, etc. These are in the cartoon because they were toys they are not toys because they were in the cartoon.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2013, 06:31:37 AM »
“Our major objective [is] to completely sync entertainment and our toy line,” says Tobin

So it's happening. They've decide to sap off the only reason I hang on to collecting the toys.

It is possible it goes the other way around and more toy related stuff ends up in the show like if they make non Mane 6 bushables they will show up on the show as background ponies or guest characters.

*nods* Yup - this is more likely. What happens in the cartoon exists because the toys are coming - Twilight Sparkles balloon, the Friendship Express, etc. These are in the cartoon because they were toys they are not toys because they were in the cartoon.
Grrr I wish there was a 'like' button for this!

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2013, 06:55:20 AM »
They could explore Luna, Celestia or even Cadence past better than simply creating a new princess >.o They already have 3 princess.
Why does Shining Armor didn`t got wings? I suppose marring with a princess makes him a prince, or is he not "good pony enough"?

I was really hopping for a better story than "Becomes a princess = gets wings".

Well, may be there will be more *keeps hoping until feb 16th*

$50.00 for something that's basically the same as the large Celestia and Cadance? No thanks.
Not to mention that this news is highly upsetting and now Twilight is more special than her friends and she shouldn't be. I'd be fine if they all were one. Knowing Hasbro, they could cash in on that gimmick and I wouldn't put it past them.

I agree, if Twilight could evolve that much why her friends, who were super important for her to do so, won't go a step ahead too? Not that I want to see Equestria with nine princesses >.o

Pony sizes are getting odd, imo >.o I never got why Luna is taller than, for instance, Twi's parents.

I really dont' get why Hasbro doesn't makes tons of random characters into toys. Like they used to do with G3s. I would buy different color combos and pretty ponies that aren't even on the show.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:58:41 AM by GustyFox »

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2013, 07:58:16 AM »
     I hope the alicorn TS reveal is really awkward/funny or twisty like she's been an alicorn the whole time but she's been intentionally magically disguised as TS for her protection because she's "the last hope", and she's really P. Skyla(toys disprove that I know) and she finds she's Cadance's sister and Celestia's daughter or some evil character's daughter and her adopted family and SA knew all along like Star Wars.

:lmao: :like: :lmao:

Best. Plotline. Ever!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2013, 08:12:04 AM »

:lmao: :like: :lmao:

Best. Plotline. Ever!

SECONDED!  That. Plot. Would. Be. Awesome!

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2013, 08:19:07 AM »
I've always loved how Twilight nearly always gets the worst of it.  Casts, eye patches, bee stings, falling off cliffs, terrible hair, goes insane...  so I hope she stays true to that. 

Another thought, I love the idea of getting a brushable Twilight with an eye patch and ninja costume.  Woo!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2013, 08:39:46 AM »
Twilight sprouting wings has nothing to do with the bronies- from what I understand, most of the bigger brony communities hated the idea.  In that recent article that has been floating around, McCarthy advised they had been planning Alicorn Twilight from the get go, and here is the explanation they provide for becoming a "princess" in Equestria:

In MLP‘s Equestria“princess” is a designation that’s earned, not freely given — and though princesses have specific leadership roles in pony society, being one really means “being a good pony who shares the gifts that they have been given with others,” according to McCarthy. “We’re building a very unique mythology around being a princess,” she continues. “Every little girl wants to be a princess, and not everybody can get to be a princess — but you can live up to the ideals that should come along with being a princess.”

Doesn't completely make sense to me- how would this work with a peg?

Another thought, I love the idea of getting a brushable Twilight with an eye patch and ninja costume.  Woo!

I like that idea too :D

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2013, 09:44:15 AM »

In MLP‘s Equestria“princess” is a designation that’s earned, not freely given — and though princesses have specific leadership roles in pony society, being one really means “being a good pony who shares the gifts that they have been given with others,” according to McCarthy. “We’re building a very unique mythology around being a princess,” she continues. “Every little girl wants to be a princess, and not everybody can get to be a princess — but you can live up to the ideals that should come along with being a princess.”

They get a horn. It's not wierder than getting wings.

Honestly i love that becoming a princess is something you need to EARN. Pony princesses are not just some kind of "master race" and you don't become a princess only when you got a pretty face and marry a prince.
I think that's an awesome idea. It also opens up some really interesting questions. like how did Luna and Celestia look before becoming princesses and how did they become princesses? Perhaps people would appreciate this idea more if they step away from the traditional view of princesses and look at them more as just being leaders.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
I like this idea of earning princess status too--Disney is the biggest culprit of the whole 'omg girls love princesses!' thing and they so rarely go into depth about this aspect of it. Their characters are either born into it or marry into it with no plot development on how it is to suddenly find yourself with 'princess status' so to speak.

Also, if this episode goes into detail on how to become a princess, might we see some backstory to Celestia and Luna, perhaps?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »
Love all the new toys and some how I will add all to my collection. I will have to wait till that Talking Twilight Sparkle is on sale because I am not paying $50 for just one pony. I really like her look but $50 is a bit much. I waited for the Favorite Collection to be on sale because it was about $50 where I live and that was for 7 ponies. There is one pony I may pay that price for but only because she is hard to find and never came to the US. Well it is nice to see new brushables but hopefully we see some new ponies at the Toy Fair. i love the main 6, and the Princesses but a few new faces would not hurt. 

They get a horn. It's not wierder than getting wings.

Honestly i love that becoming a princess is something you need to EARN. Pony princesses are not just some kind of "master race" and you don't become a princess only when you got a pretty face and marry a prince.
I think that's an awesome idea. It also opens up some really interesting questions. like how did Luna and Celestia look before becoming princesses and how did they become princesses? Perhaps people would appreciate this idea more if they step away from the traditional view of princesses and look at them more as just being leaders.

I agree with this.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2013, 10:42:41 AM »
I'm very happy Twilight gets wings and becomes a princess. All the bronies though.. Lol.. Listening to them whine reminds me of the episode where Rarity meets the Diamond dogs x_x

Post Merge: January 30, 2013, 01:55:44 AM

Btw the other picture with the car.. LOOK AT SPIKE HE HAS A BOW! HAHA THAT IS GORGEOUS!
Idk. I'm not a brony, and well, I don't really like the change myself to be honest. I feel as if the change are the bronies' doing (I mean, if they hadn't made a big fuss about that cardboard cutout last year, it wouldn't come down to this, right?). I have to think this over- I already made my vow that I'll stop buying the toys if they decide to merge the show and the toyline, which is now scheduled to happen.

And you cannot become a princess just like that- it is Not SliceOfLife!

I loved the toys because I could have my own continuity. But forcing the show's continuity down my throat... Sorry, but no.
It has nothing to do with the Bronies/Fans as to why there was a change. It all has to do with the fact that this show is indeed geared to help market the toys, always has been and always will be. From my understanding everything that has been done for this season was in the works a year ago or something, the animators/story board people/etc. already knew about this change.

Don't let what happens in the show ruin buying the toys for you. Remember you -don't- have to get every toy and you -don't- have to really base your own continuity on the show... That's the fun of imagination and all! What do you think little girls do after all ;)

:like:

That's what an imagination is all about. Make Fluttershy and Sunny Rays best friends, Shining Armor and Diamond Rose a couple or make Dewdrop Dazzle, Blossomforth and Cupcake sisters. That's the fun of toys! You don't have to make them the same as the show.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal